What Do You NOT Like?

glennQNYC

Reaction score
What piece of gear/equipment did you try or own that didn’t agree with you? What did you not like and why? What did you replace it with?

I recently put one of those jumbo grips on my putter. Had a real tough time using it after and finally went back to a more standard grip. Putting has gotten much better since I switched back.

I had a steel hybrid and didnt like it.. Now using a graphite one

Man my list could be long....Very curious to hear what others say here. Good thread.

Last thing that was totally eew - Callaway FT IZ. I even played one in two tournaments (and won one of them) since I hit it in the fairway, but it was just a temp fix and I never liked it.

Mashie, Miyazaki Shafts as a whole, seemore putters, gambler putters... Im kidding.

Scotty Camerons personal design putters were pretty grody(futura, kombi), as well as the Titleist 907 and 909 series drivers. I also disliked the iWi and i-series(orange and black) putters from Ping.

Definitely Project X iron shafts. They just feel horrible, probably due to them being butt stiff and tip soft. They launch too high and don't spin enough. I've tried flexes from 5.5 to 6.5 and every time its the same result as far as feel and ball flight. I'll stick with my boring Dynamic Gold shafts. They are still the standard to which all other iron shafts are compared and are still the #1 steel shaft in golf for very good reason.

I couldn't find a set of PING irons that worked for me at the outing. I wanted to like them, but it wasnt meant to be. Not a fan of Nike drivers for my game.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

mallet/mid mallet putters got rid of them
35" and longer putters... see mid mallet
graphite shafted irons... cant hit them

Wanted to like Mizuno Irons, demo'd the 53s, 800s, 800 pros, and 300s. 800s are the only ones that felt deccent, don't know if it was the shaft or what but the others ranked up there around poop and crap.

I wasn't a big fan of the AP series irons from Titleist. I use to be a pretty hard core Titleist guy, mostly b/c they made most everything available in LH. I wanted the AP2's or the AP1's more than anything in 2008 and they just weren't good for me when I tested them out.

I also don't do Vokey wedges any more. The first time I hit the CG14's I was converted. The Vokeys just felt harsher to me.

I didn't like the Superfast driver at all either. I hated how loud it was, hated how high it launched and hated how long it is.

I tried a 64* wedge for a while a few years ago - I pretty much decided it was useless, really inconsistent at full swing and too easy to slide under the ball on less than full.

Forgot that I didn't care for the Superfast either.

you have no idea how much i wanted to like taylormade woods... they are sooo pretty but i cant hit them to save my life

For some reason any Nike equipment (except the Method putter) doesn't agree with me. Love the clothes and the shoes though.

Putters for me. I started playing with a Wilson 8802 oh so long ago and putted with that style of putter for years before switching to a Anser. Over the years I have tried many different putters, last year being a center shaft SeeMore that just did not work at all for me. I know know better and just stick with what I have in Anser's.
I also had a pair of Callaway Jaws wedges last year and they were just ball eating fools. They would rip into the covers of my balls with just one wack. Sent them packing on ebay.

Also I should mention that on my job I sometimes collect water samples from a creek that runs thru my golf course, and of course I pick up scads of lost balls (used to try harder and get 50-100 per week). If I find a ball that is really deep (as in WAY off the course), it is almost invariably a Nike brand - I will let you decipher the meaning of that tidbit, but safe to say I never hit Nike myself. I believe if Tiger had stuck with Titleist he might have won 50 more times.

Q frikken lock spikes... its hard to replace and once you do they dont stay on that long

Footballs and Basketballs. I was too short for one and the other just hurt, lol. I really wanted to like mallet putters, but I've yet to find one the works for me. I WILL own a Bettinardi Studio #7 mid, but doubt I'll be able to use the thing. Wilson Staff has had tons of great things I've tried and yet to find anything that just fits.

Hybrids. I worked with my pro and no one makes a hybrid with an upright enough lie angle for me to play.

I'm trying real hard but I just can't think of anything I just outright don't like.

For whatever reason I could never make a Scotty Cameron work for me. Could be a particular notion I have about the guy but whatever it was, I just couldn't do it.

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges. For all the hype these wedges have received over the years they didn't do a thing for me at all

Monkeybutt Powder, the stuff just did nothing for me!

Back