What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

I played 18 holes yesterday with an honest to gosh "Natura Golfer". He is a tourist from Canada down here to get warm.

I shot my usual 88, while he cruised through our little muni with a 76. We both had 29 putts.

Everything he hit was straight at his target, the correct +/- distance. He was fun to watch, and play with.

We had a nice, on course chat about his golf swing. He has used it for the past 30 odd years, and has been a 4 cap for the last 20 years. Even showed me hdcp card. I thought this was pretty amazing for a senior golfer.

Of some interest to me was his palm grip vs my 10 finger grip I'm working on. He showed it to me, and I tried it with my wedges the last few holes. My accuracy seemed to improve, as well as my distance. I actually found it easier to incorporate his palm grip with my 10 finger grip. All I needed to do was keep my hands from touching each other. This to prevent a squashed pinkie finger. Now that I think about it, I'm using motre of NG grip.

Another good thing is that my wedges are already up right enough to use my variation of his palm grip.

Something that I plan to explore further.

I play 18 holes yesterday as single.. Course was not very busy.

After going over some of my personal golf notes, I decide to go play, and focus on no 6s on my score card. By this I mean par the 5s, and no 6s on the 3s, and 4s. That was my sole focus.

It almost worked. I missed a 5 foot put for a 6 on a par 5. I didn't borrow enough for the break involved. Bad read.

Still walked off the 18th with an 83, which these days is pretty good for me.

The "no 6s" is something my swing guru stressed back in the 1980s/1990s when we first started working together. It was one of his ways to get his students to focus on course management. Part of his over all mental game instruction.

Range session today. Huge tail wind and so very little point in boasting about my new found ball speed and distance.

Irons were nethertheless better - good connection and compression today. Driver improving slowly. My coach was there and had just finished up on a lesson as I got the big stick out and he stood behind me and gave me a quick 10 minutes of tweaks to work on. I owe him several beers - but will be sorting out another (paid) lesson with him once we get through the Easter holidays here to see how I'm getting on and work on the next 1% improvement (of what is likely a total of 80% to go !).

Range session working on some new drills from my coach

Spent an hour at the range this afternoon. Coach really wants me to go back to neutral grip.. it's a challenge.

First physical therapy session to address serious spine issues (advanced degenerative L2-L5) and the piriformis. It was both humbling and painful - needed in order for me to golf. Afterwards, hit a local range with my son, more iron practice.

I’m setting up the SIM right now. Time to swing some Callaway goodness!

A fair bit of THPing

Ground is too wet .....at least on the courses I generally play.

Went to Harbor Freight and bought a gram scale for club building.

Ordered 4 hosel brushes

Went through the bag to set it up for the first round. Attached ShotScope sensors to clubs and set up the bag in the app.

My son took a break from playing golf after his high school season last fall. Today I got to play 18 with him. It was his first round as an adult and his first round where he drove the cart all day. Don’t know what we shot, didn’t really care either. I got to golf with my 18 yo and he wanted to be there. I even wore joggers and a white belt to make it more special.

Played 18 this morning!

I watched my tee time get canceled due to rain. Tomorrow isn’t looking good either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to the sim place. Hit some balls for 30min, did my SuperSpeed training and then played 18 holes of sim golf.

I watched my tee time get canceled due to rain. Tomorrow isn’t looking good either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my 2024 Wis Dells trip set up. Pairings set, handicaps figured, all meals setup! Cmon May 31st 👍🏼⛳
Ahh yes, the Driftless Zone. Haven't been there in a while. Pretty area.

Rain and wind all day today so @BB Fan Girl and i took the grandkids to Top Golf then a stop at the PGASS Since we were on that side of town.
IMG_5106.jpeg

Rolled putts for about 2 hours after the family left- one of the first couple days with decent weather and I just couldn't get out to a course today.

Hoping to get to the range a couple times this week though.

18 holes in rain and wind...was quite a struggle and uncomfortable..
Also found out that my Ping waterproof trousers are waterproof except for the main pockets,why have pockets that let water through on waterproof trousers????

Range this morning for 75 balls.

Hoping to get out on some grass with greens and pins tomorrow.

Back