What is a "Winter Wonderland"

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I thought just occurred to me as I look out my window, seeing the 6 inches of snow that has fallen since last night; what constitutes a "Winter Wonderland"? Is there such a place? Sure a little snow makes everything clean and white, but get enough of it and it becomes a real pain in the butt. So it begs the question: what is a Winter Wonderland?

As the song goes, you gotta be able to walk in it.

As opposed to trudge, lumber or any other method. Snowshoes are disqualified as a method of walking.

As the song goes, you gotta be able to walk in it.

As opposed to trudge, lumber or any other method. Snowshoes are disqualified as a method of walking.

I guess you got me there Smalls!!

I have been shoveling snow all day and the only thing i wonder is when i will pass out

We are trying to put that off at the moment... Debating going outside tomorrow to dig out the car so we'll be ready to go (sort of) come Monday morning.

I try to convince myself it's a wonderful thing, lol. Can't do much to stop it, so I take pictures of it. I think it's kind of pretty when it's fresh.

ICEONTREES2Holdr.jpg

ICEONTREES4Holdr.jpg

ICEONTREES5Holdr.jpg

ICEONTREESHoldr.jpg

P1010920.jpg

P1010922.jpg

P1010931.jpg

My flock:
P1010889.jpg

P1010890.jpg

On monday we had a rare occurence here in Vegas. It snowed throughout the westside of town. The last time it snowed was 5 years ago and no one at work can remeber the last time before that. It rained friday thru sunday and on monday it switched to snow. The rain eroded under the road out of my little housing tract and suddenly about 40 some houses found themsleves trapped with no way to drive into town. So on monday morning, when I should have been getting ready to go to work, I found myself looking out my front window and watching the neighbor's kids make a snowman, with a big warm cup of hazlenut coffe in my hand.
I submit to you guys: That was a winter wonderland.

Personally I think Miami is a winter wonderland. Every time it snows here I wonder why I'm not there

Personally I think Miami is a winter wonderland. Every time it snows here I wonder why I'm not there

+1 I love the snow but its fun for a day and then it gets annoying

Winter Wonderland = Maui :act-up:

When it's not forecasted, you get up Monday morning, get ready for school, look out your window, and BOOM!!!! All white. That feeling is awesome. It sucks when you have to go to school anyways, even though memphis is the least prepared school snow district.

When it's not forecasted, you get up Monday morning, get ready for school, look out your window, and BOOM!!!! All white. That feeling is awesome. It sucks when you have to go to school anyways, even though memphis is the least prepared school snow district.

I dunno, I think if snow hit in Honolulu, they would be the new champion in that category! haha

^That's what I was thinking, but I don't know the drivers here suck. Really though, last year, it snowed less than an inch and we got out of school. Normally I would want this but we have no built in snow days. Thankfully this year we have two! They're predicting snow Sunday night but I'm not getting my hopes up. It usually snows late Feb.-early March here.

It's unfortunate that we don't get snow days here only because on days like today where the wind is whipping in every different direction and blowing the snow every which way, it would be really nice to be able to stay in and not worry about going out anywhere.

Winter sucks. Snow sucks. Songs that try to make it sound good suck too. Winter Wonderland is like saying Happy Funeral. Eh, that sounds a bit macabre, but seriously, WINTER SUCKS.

Winter sucks. Snow sucks. Songs that try to make it sound good suck too. Winter Wonderland is like saying Happy Funeral. Eh, that sounds a bit macabre, but seriously, WINTER SUCKS.

Don't hold back Hawk, quit sugarcoating it!

Agreed 100%. I could do without the winter season altogether.

Here you go buddy!

[YOUTUBE]EuJx8E30wfo&feature[/YOUTUBE]

I'm with you bud. I've had my fill. Now I want out. Winter sucks!

I will show you what a winter wonderland looks like in about 30 minutes. The snow is coming down hard and fast here. Took a few pictures with my phone now, just a little on the ground and will take some more here in a little while when it gets thicker on the ground.

I thought just occurred to me as I look out my window, seeing the 6 inches of snow that has fallen since last night; what constitutes a "Winter Wonderland"? Is there such a place? Sure a little snow makes everything clean and white, but get enough of it and it becomes a real pain in the butt. So it begs the question: what is a Winter Wonderland?

I have no idea. Winter sucks!

Why seat it already? I'll find ways to enjoy it for now and get tired of it later. Picking up sandbags for the Chevy to go play tomorrow when its deep and picking up some ice fishing stuff for next week.

Might as well enjoy it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I know you all know what snow looks like, but I was bored and took some pictures. Took one right as it started then another 20 minutes later than another 25-30 minutes after that one. Not a lot of snow by any means, maybe a couple inches if that. But it was the first snow this year and us Texans like some snow every once in a while.

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

You Texans don't measure very well do ya? hahahaha No wonder you all think everything's bigger in Texas! That looks like a half inch tops!

Of course it may have already melted an inch and a half by the time you took pics!

Bridges, that's not even a half inch of snow....lol.

Crazy texans!

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Back