What is too much golf?

I usually try to keep it down to 4 or 5 times per week. Ya got to rest the back now & then :D

I wish I could play 4 or 5 times a week. I'm so jealous!!!

I played 3420 holes in 2012, might cut down a little in 2013. A little more quality rather than quantity. I tell my students that I only play golf on days that end in "y".

Last edited:
reviving an old thread here.

so far i've actually played a little more golf than i usually do for the first 3.5 months of the year. usually, i don't play but once or twice, this year it's been about 5 or 6 times.

my craziness at work ends on tuesday 4/17. i have 36 holes scheduled on wednesday 4/18, and 36 holes scheduled on thursday 4/19. i'm not very fit, so i'm going to be crazy sore and crazy tired! but it will be fun.

reviving an old thread here.

so far i've actually played a little more golf than i usually do for the first 3.5 months of the year. usually, i don't play but once or twice, this year it's been about 5 or 6 times.

my craziness at work ends on tuesday 4/17. i have 36 holes scheduled on wednesday 4/18, and 36 holes scheduled on thursday 4/19. i'm not very fit, so i'm going to be crazy sore and crazy tired! but it will be fun.
No such thing as too much! I'm ready for summer and the days of 54!

Too much golf for me is when I hurt all over from knee and back arthritis after one round, and need at least one day to recuperate. So for me too much golf is 2 days in a row.

I have found out this year that walking 18 for 4 straight days is pushing it for my old arse. 3 straight days then a day of rest seems to be my sweet spot.

I'll find out in September at the THP Championship! Hoping to get a round in Thursday and maybe Friday, 45 holes between Saturday and Sunday for the Championship, and maybe another 9-18 that afternoon/evening. It'll help that most of that will be riding, I guess.

When you've ripped rib ligaments so bad it hurts to cough, and your neck is pinched to the point you get up in the morning and have to sit back down so the blood gets to the brain! I'm not kidding!

I have only played 15 rounds this year so far. NE Ohio weather has been a bit suspect so far.

I play as much as my body will allow. Having no kids and a pretty laid back wife helps. Also being self employed helps.

Since I’m retiring this month, I will try to find out soon if I still enjoy playing 10 rounds per week like I often did in my late teens and 20’s. I’m guessing that 4 days per week will be my preference as I still have other things I enjoy such as boating, fishing, cycling, and spending time with my wife and kids. I like to play 36 or more holes at least one day per week so 4 days would give me about 6 rounds per week.

2 rounds per week because green fees are not cheap.

I live in Hot Springs Village, AR. Private, gated, 9 championship golf courses you would love to play, yearly dues around 3k, retired and play at least 5 days a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since I’m retiring this month, I will try to find out soon if I still enjoy playing 10 rounds per week like I often did in my late teens and 20’s. I’m guessing that 4 days per week will be my preference as I still have other things I enjoy such as boating, fishing, cycling, and spending time with my wife and kids. I like to play 36 or more holes at least one day per week so 4 days would give me about 6 rounds per week.

Retired a little over 1 year ago. Rec'd the award for most rounds in 2017 posted at our course during handicap season. March 1 to November 15 I posted 141 18-hole rounds. Add to that the number of rounds before and after handicap season and I played close to 200 rounds last year.
When working, I spent my last 15 years out on the road during the week. 2,000 nights in hotels during those years. If I would have played golf all weekend, my bride who has put up with me 52 years would undoubtedly "whiffed" me. So, we always had the first tee time at the course for years. Would be "dew sweepers" as soon as you could see the corner on #1. I'd be back home with my 18 in by the time she was just waking up and we would have the day together.
Since retiring, she is anxious to get me out of the house!!!!

I grew up in San Diego so I feel that pain. Drive an hour to find less expensive golf. I rarely pay more than 30 in NE Ohio and that is for decent places. Only good thing about Ohio. $80 rounds just makes it hard to golf much

I've played 6 rounds since July 2015. Work got it's hooks in me. That changes this year, if I don't get 75 rounds in I'll be disappointed.

I'll find out in September at the THP Championship! Hoping to get a round in Thursday and maybe Friday, 45 holes between Saturday and Sunday for the Championship, and maybe another 9-18 that afternoon/evening. It'll help that most of that will be riding, I guess.

You won't even notice how much golf you'll be playing if you're having fun with THPers. Those rounds go by so quickly!

If weather and life cooperates I often get in 9 on Friday evening, 18 on Saturday morning & 27 on Sunday afternoon/evening. That is plenty for a weekend.

During the work week I play in an evening league every other week and occasionally play 4-6 holes in the late evening if time permits. Come retirement though I could see easily see playing half a dozen rounds a week

Back