What is your favorite UST Mamiya shaft of all time?

Either the Helium proto that Danny got me into, or the quantum purple.

Sleeper is the recoil wedge proto shaft

ATTAS T2 7X

Before getting the proto I have in my drive it was the Elements Chrome 6F4. I could put that thing in any head and it just worked.

Recoil Wedge Proto for me.

I haven't sampled any of their driver/fairway shafts.

ACTUALLY….

I change my answer to the Proto that I hit in @JB drivers at Briggs.

Holy crap

I haven't owned my LINQ Blue or Dart V shafts long enough, so I will go OG ProForce 65 "Lakers shaft." I just remember my Dad for years bombing his driver when I was young and that was the shaft in it. V2 gets a honorable mention.

Linq Black

Been in play for 3+ years now first F4 now F5

IMG_4695.jpeg

Proforce V2 almost won out despite me never actually playing it. :LOL:

For me it’s been the LINQ Blue hands down.

I have to go with Recoil 95 F4. I’ve got them in my current irons, and have them in my backup set too. Love the feel, performance and looks. They’re the whole package as far as I’m concerned.

I probably should say the Recoil 460 or 660 shafts I had in one of my original iron sets. I’ve been chasing that feel since I was refit into a heavier, stiffer shaft. But the LinQ Black turned my driver around. Both feel and performance have been top notch and it’s caused a ripple effect in my confidence which also led to dropping strokes off my cap. It earned its spot as my favorite.

Currently it's the the Dart shaft 75 that's in my AI Smoke 3 Hybrid.

All time though....man just the Dart iron shafts in general have been so so good for me.

Dart V shafts.

ACTUALLY….

I change my answer to the Proto that I hit in @JB drivers at Briggs.

Holy crap

Second this. Well, the proto I hit last year not sure if it’s the same, but my goodness

Second this. Well, the proto I hit last year not sure if it’s the same, but my goodness
Slight tweak but yes it’s the same

There were a staff full of shocked golfers at Briggs as we all took turns swinging it. I don’t have the words for it.

I once had a Titleist 907D2 with a UST Proforce V2 shaft. Loved that shaft! I haven’t gamed another UST Mamiya shaft since that one.

I played the recoil 110 F5 for a few years. Very nice shafts. They introduced me to graphite in a positive way. I also utilized the THP forum to ask Danny Le questions on which shaft to play in my irons. I took his advice 100%, and that was the right answer. 👍

I'd probably say the Recoil 95. I just really like the feel and it's been great in irons and wedges. LinQ Red would be a VERY close second. I'd really like to try some Dart Vs.

Linq Blue for me 🔥

Back