What Wedges Do You Want OEM To Test

In person, I am in LOVE with the look of the Exotics Wedge.

the j38 is dead set sexy! can't wait to hear OEM's thoughts on some of these.

That one does look purdy. I am slightly intrigued on the adjustable weighting it has.

I also like the finish of the xft, and the middle of the jaws wedge. It looks a little rougher, but i dont know what the actual look is called

That one does look purdy. I am slightly intrigued on the adjustable weighting it has.

Me too. It comes with a weight set and a tool to change it out.

I am excited to see what comes out on top for OEM. I wonder when he gets his hands on all of these different brands if he just starts twitching. haha

I'm anxious for the breakdown as well JB. I've been needing new wedges for too long.

I wonder when he gets his hands on all of these different brands if he just starts twitching. haha

If he does or doesn't, his wallet will be. :D

i just hope that he finds one that truly works for him. i also know that OEM will be as honest as they come and that's what's most important.

i have been really battling whether to upgrade my Taylormade wedges or switch to Mizuno's. Looking forward to hearing about those specifically!

Im just going to play devils advocate here for a second. So he is supposed to try out 20 wedges, then choose a favorite, then order and pay for one from Scratch that he may or may not like more than what he chooses? Seems a little odd to me.

Many companies are putting out tons of grinds, bounce options, etc... now.

If he can go to Chattanooga, they will put him through an individual wedge fitting for free. They make several different grinds for each type of swing (D/D. D/S, and S/S). For THP, they might send a rep to a more convenient location to meet with OEM when there is some tournament in his area. I thought that was the thing that was supposed to be special about the Scratch wedges: to find the grind that fits you best (which would be done best with a custom fitting). It would be an unlikely matter of luck if a Scratch wedge ordered by phone or internet worked better than OEM's favorite from selecting from 20 wedges. I know that Scratch is happy to sell wedges without a custom fitting but there doesn't seem much point in buying their wedges like that. If OEM isn't interested in comparing his favorite wedge with a custom fit wedge from Scratch, I would do try do it. I just got 3 Cleveland CG15 DSG wedges and I hope to get to Chattanooga within the next few months for my own custom fitting. I would just be interested in OEM's experience before I drove there if THP could work it out for OEM to get custom fit with a Scratch wedge.

If he can go to Chattanooga, they will put him through an individual wedge fitting for free. They make several different grinds for each type of swing (D/D. D/S, and S/S). For THP, they might send a rep to a more convenient location to meet with OEM when there is some tournament in his area. I thought that was the thing that was supposed to be special about the Scratch wedges: to find the grind that fits you best (which would be done best with a custom fitting). It would be an unlikely matter of luck if a Scratch wedge ordered by phone or internet worked better than OEM's favorite from selecting from 20 wedges. I know that Scratch is happy to sell wedges without a custom fitting but there doesn't seem much point in buying their wedges like that. If OEM isn't interested in comparing his favorite wedge with a custom fit wedge from Scratch, I would do try do it. I just got 3 Cleveland CG15 DSG wedges and I hope to get to Chattanooga within the next few months for my own custom fitting. I would just be interested in OEM's experience before I drove there if THP could work it out for OEM to get custom fit with a Scratch wedge.

OEM does not work for THP. He is simply a member of the forum coming to visit and test some clubs. I cannot fathom asking someone to go to Chattanooga to get fit on their own dime, when wedge fitting for many other companies is available at retailers and fitters nationwide (slightly different). Scratch makes non fitted products too, and they certainly stand behind them. Otherwise they would not sell them in retail stores or send them to us for testing. I have nothing against Scratch, testing their wedges for review right now, but what you are asking for in my opinion is way over the top.

At THP we believe in helping consumers. The idea that only a handful of consumers could ever really be happy or benefit with a specific brand because they have to go to Chattanooga to see the real benefits does not seem like a consumer friendly product. In my opinion anyway. If you believe otherwise, we are all for you to head over there and get custom fit and wedges. If it makes you a better player or enjoy the game more, that is what it is all about.

I wanted to say Im really looking forward to trying all these wedges! Should be LOTS of fun! When you guys are looking at new wedges what are the top things you are looking for? Looks? Weight or feel? Spin? Whats your top three things you look for in a wedge?

Re: What Wedges Do You Want OEM To Test

I wanted to say Im really looking forward to trying all these wedges! Should be LOTS of fun! When you guys are looking at new wedges what are the top things you are looking for? Looks? Weight or feel? Spin? Whats your top three things you look for in a wedge?

Spin, balance/feel (comfortable clubhead weight), and versatility (open the clubface for different shots). On a sidenote, how well the bounce works on the wedges (since few companies offer the bounce options like Cleveland).

That black Vokey is NIIIIIICE.

I might need to find me one of those in a 60* model! :D

I know it is hard to explain in words but I am interested in feel (very subjective i know) , and weight in the wedges. Looks is not that much of a concern since all I see when hitting a shot is the face and there is not really that much difference in the looks. I am also interested in your thoughts on a 56 degree that offers versatility since i don't carry a 60 degree wedge.I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I know what youre saying RW. I was using the 56* as my only wedge too but just added a 60* for those real slick greens and tight landings.

I know it is hard to explain in words but I am interested in feel (very subjective i know) , and weight in the wedges. Looks is not that much of a concern since all I see when hitting a shot is the face and there is not really that much difference in the looks. I am also interested in your thoughts on a 56 degree that offers versatility since i don't carry a 60 degree wedge.I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

+1 to this- My niblick limits my total number of wedges so what I do carry now should be as versatile as possible

This is going to be fun OEM! Looking forward to this weekend.

+1 to this- My niblick limits my total number of wedges so what I do carry now should be as versatile as possible

I actually carry a Niblick and 3 wedges.

Back