What's for Dinner? Valentine's Edition

Smallville you have my BD taste buds going....I think we may go there for dinner tonight too. I like it because I can get lots of veggies and JB likes it because he can eat his weight.

I couldn't believe how crowded it was at 3:00 yesterday! I figured everyone would be going in the evening! And when I saw the line waiting to get their food cooked, there was no way for yesterday! They said 20 to 25 minute wait but IMO it had to be at least an hour for where we were in line, and that was just to get a seat. We still had the food line after that! They made a TON of cash last night.

GB,
We actually had bbq last night too. We were laughing at the thought of having it for Vday and I am glad we were not alone.
What wrong with BBQ for V-day??? :confused2: Now if you drank a bunch of High Lifes with dinner, thats a good time! :D

We went out to eat early last night too. I got off work around 5 and was home by 5:10 (I love living so close to work) we turned right back around and headed out for dinner....we hate lines too. Hopefully tonight it won't be crowded, especially since it's Sunday and most people stay in on Sunday nights.

It was very good and now JB has all the left overs for lunch. I will splurge and eat something really unhealthy like that for dinner but I can't eat it again the next day. I usually go back to the salad, cottage cheese, and fruit.

BD's Mongolian Barbecue. I'll find out what BD means.

EDIT: From Wikipedia - - -

BD's was founded in 1992 by Michigan State University Alumni, entrepreneur Billy "BD" Downs and his wife after a visit to a similar restaurant in London, and is headquartered in Royal Oak, Michigan. The restaurant currently has around 30 locations, mostly concentrated in the northern Midwest. In May 2005, BD's opened a franchise in Ulan Bator, as the first American-franchised restaurant in Mongolia.

BD's was, as usual, great. We actually had a 20 minute wait but there was no wait to get our food cooked. Food was perfect as usual, only problem is, the guy who works the grill that is loud and outgoing doesn't do that anymore. So the guys cooking are a little boring since they are so quiet. That's part of the enjoyment, hearing them having fun.

On a side note, I know what I am having for lunch on Monday and Tuesday!

We had our Valentine dinner out last night. We both decided Greek!

Appy's were garlic prawns for him, calamari and tzatziki for me. Followed by (are you sitting down Smalls??) roast lamb, greek style spuds, rice and salad.

Topped the meal off with complimentary dessert which was baklava!

Excellent as always!! :clapp::clapp:

Sounds great GolfGirl. (Except the calamari!). Not sure what the thing is with all the z's either (and the dessert with all the a's)! But the lamb? Can't go wrong there!

We had pizza. It was a 3 hour and 45 minute wait for a steak house. No thanks.

Sounds great GolfGirl. (Except the calamari!). Not sure what the thing is with all the z's either (and the dessert with all the a's)! But the lamb? Can't go wrong there!

Baklava pastry layers of phyllo dough filled with honey, walnuts and pistachios.

Tzatziki is a creamy combination of yogurt, cucumber, and garlic.

BD's was, as usual, great. We actually had a 20 minute wait but there was no wait to get our food cooked. Food was perfect as usual, only problem is, the guy who works the grill that is loud and outgoing doesn't do that anymore. So the guys cooking are a little boring since they are so quiet. That's part of the enjoyment, hearing them having fun.

On a side note, I know what I am having for lunch on Monday and Tuesday!

Had BD's for lunch and thought of you. Started off with some bean sprouts, then a layer of smoked sausage, then a layer of shrimp, followed by some broccoli, then to top it off and hold everything on I piled the lamb nice and high. A worker walked by and said "I was going to ask if you needed any help but I see you have things figured out." I mixed some buffalo sauce and BBQ sauce together and added some seasoned salt, cajun seasoning and garlic. Very tasty. I'm stuffed and fighting falling asleep at my desk here at work.

Baklava pastry layers of phyllo dough filled with honey, walnuts and pistachios.

Tzatziki is a creamy combination of yogurt, cucumber, and garlic.

GolfGirl, have you ever tried to work with phyllo dough? I've never made baklava, but I do a pretty good spanikopita. Work fast, and don't try it on a humid day!

GolfGirl, have you ever tried to work with phyllo dough? I've never made baklava, but I do a pretty good spanikopita. Work fast, and don't try it on a humid day!

Yes I have actually. Last Easter I did a totally Greek dinner (lamb-easter)etc. For our dessert it was my first time making baklava, and to be honest all 14 guests said it was the best they ever had.

It was my first time using phyllo also, and I found buttering each sheet was the time consuming thing for me, especially with 18 sheets to butter...lol.

Mike loves spanikopita, I'd love the recipe to try, pretty please!!

PS Good thing North Van has no humidity...lol

My recipe is from the Moosewood cookbook. If you don't have easy access to that, remind me again next weekend, when we're home, and I'll post it in the recipe exchange thread (which will probably violate copyright law).

Keep plastic wrap over the open phyllo dough until you use it. Helps keep it from drying out too quickly.

I called in Papa John's pizza and picked it up on the way home tonight.

Back