What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i need to start making trips to sams club

Sam's Club has darn good meat, but if you have a Costco near you, it's even better. Unfortunately the Costco in our area is almost an hour away. The only problem with these places is you have to buy a bunch of steaks. I hate freezing them because I'm never organized enough to thaw them out when I want them. But the prices for pretty darn good steaks cannot be beat.

Kevin

kevin, my old man loves costco. the closest one to us is in north atlanta, which is too far to go for bulk meat, but dad loves going there.

kevin, my old man loves costco. the closest one to us is in north atlanta, which is too far to go for bulk meat, but dad loves going there.

They sell boneless beef short ribs that are the best I've ever gotten. In the package they look like NY Strips. I braise them in stock and red wine with caramelized onions, then finish the gravy with dijon mustard and serve over noodles of spaetzle. Stupendous. I also braise them in a guajillo/chipotle sauce and we eat them on corn tortillas with queso anejo, cilantro, onions, and Mexican Crema. Muy Bueno.

I love short ribs.

Kevin

They sell boneless beef short ribs that are the best I've ever gotten. In the package they look like NY Strips. I braise them in stock and red wine with caramelized onions, then finish the gravy with dijon mustard and serve over noodles of spaetzle. Stupendous. I also braise them in a guajillo/chipotle sauce and we eat them on corn tortillas with queso anejo, cilantro, onions, and Mexican Crema. Muy Bueno.

I love short ribs.

Kevin

mmmm! dude, you need to make it to the next outing and treat me to that lovely dish.

We went with Sam's because Costco uses American Express, not MasterCard. We don't have an AMEX card.

I love short ribs.

Kevin

I just had short ribs for the very first time a few months ago at one of Todd English's restaurants in Boca. They were delicious. I always worried they would be fatty, and I am sure they can be at times, but these were melt in your mouth good. So now I look forward to trying them again at other places. Your dinner sounds absolutely delicious, Esox.

I love short ribs.

Kevin

will you adopt me? im low maintenance... just feed me and let me out to play a quick round or two

This is what I had for dinner tonight

1067356286_2b6e4f170e.jpg

I love short ribs.

Kevin

Here I am 1 1/2 hours away and I don't get invited to a dinner like that? I would walk if I have too :starving:

yeah...i should have got one from Pats too

haha! glad that you're up there safe and sound and having a good time. hopefully you can catch up with thanks or OEM.

Crab-leg linguine in a garlic/herb pesto sauce and a glass of Chilean blended white (Anakena Wines ONA, Riesling/Viognier/Chardonnay)

Which is better? Did you go with Whiz?

Kevin

IMO, Geno's is my place but thanks will tell you that those two places are for the tourists. It's gotta have whiz and you have to be able to see through the bag.

Last night was ham, scalloped potatoes, salad, grilled tomatoes and apple steusel for dessert :)

Chicken fajitas with all the fixins. Throw in a margarita and a Negra Modelo beer for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back