Whats the "right" thing to do?

If I do happen to sell it, it will be in the marketplace.

Like I said, just playing the what if game. I dont have the thoughts of I cant hit it or anything like that. I just know its going to have to blow me away in order for me to game it.

Do you get the specs you want on the R11?

I agree with tnc, if you have access to demo the driver you're getting give it a couple of whirls. If you don't like it sell it and buy stuff you want. If it's TM, great, if not, just as great.

I'm not a lawyer but I believe there are issues with doing a raffle.

Congrats on the win.

You won it fair and square so it's yours to do with as you will. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you.

If it will make you feel better, you can give it to me...my birthday is coming up next week! Haha!

sometimes I look at more bad ones than good ones. Esp when it comes to electronics and stuff.
My thoughts exactly. I'm always skeptical of glowing reviews because I think people are trying to talk themselves into an impulsive purchase. We have a joke around here about how you never hear a guy complain about his $300 (specific brand name) workboots because he is too embarrassed to admit how bad they really are. 100 percent brand loyalty there, hah.

I'm in Ft Worth. I'll buy you a round at Runaway Bay and take it off your hands to eliminate that guilt. Heck, come down here and I'll hook you up at Waterchase GC.

First, jump off that bridge when you get to it. Second, if it bothers you that much tell TM to delay sending it to you until you hit it in the store to see if it's the club for you and try the SF 2.0 while you're there. If R11 is a no and SF 2.0 is a yes se if TM can do a little swaperoo. If both are a no then take the R11 don't take the plastic off and sell it. You'll get buyers for sure but don't feel bad by doing that because you were the lucky one to win it. Enjoy the spoils and get something that work for you.

First, jump off that bridge when you get to it. Second, if it bothers you that much tell TM to delay sending it to you until you hit it in the store to see if it's the club for you and try the SF 2.0 while you're there. If R11 is a no and SF 2.0 is a yes se if TM can do a little swaperoo. If both are a no then take the R11 don't take the plastic off and sell it. You'll get buyers for sure but don't feel bad by doing that because you were the lucky one to win it. Enjoy the spoils and get something that work for you.

Wait, why I am jumping off a bridge? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sell it, hit it, burn it, trash it, give it away. Its all up to you man its your to do with as you please. Just let us know before you burn it...haha

I'm betting you hit the crap out of the thing and we see that 460 on the marketplace haha!

Best of luck man. Don't go into it feeling guilty though. I bet you'll love it.

I would not take the plastic off of it and I would sell it if that is how I felt about it. Look I have been reading that is shows wear very quickly as the paint appears to be pretty thin especially on the sole. In addition regardless of how much PR there has been I kinda' feel like we are just about at the limits of driver head technology at least for the present. I would likely look at it as golf money that I can spend however I want to especially if I already have a driver that makes me happy.

Sell it and get something you really want. I don't think you would have started this thread if you really want that driver. Presuming there are things that you do really want, this makes it easier to get to them.

Yeah, if you already have decided you don't want it then don't even take the plastic off. Sell it quick on ebay while you can still get a premium for it or try to trade it straight up at a golf store for something you do want. You will do better on ebay though.

Unless you really don't need or want the money. Then send it to JB so it can be used as a contest on THP!

Like most have said, it's yours to do with as you please. I think that you have any thought that you won't be happy with it is going to make it much harder to like. I agree with the idea of going to a shop and hitting/tuning a demo club and see what you see.

If it turns out that you don't like it sell it. If it's never been hit, you'll get much more out of a club that's still new.

You could do an online raffle, like $2 or $5 a ticket. Then you could use the money to get the Burner 2.0 Driver and review that. If you felt like you couldn't do that you could always donate the money to charity.

I'd be in for a ticket or two. lol

Not on THP obviously.

Dude its already in your head and you havent even hit it. You might as well not even take the plastic off it lol. You'll get more money for it NIP.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

Ya I know, but its fun giving reviews and helping people out.

Im sure they dont care, I mean its not like there not going to get the money back from me buying more of there clubs lol

If you lived near me, then i would for sure let you try it out. Georgia is a long ways though haha

This thread seems more about validation than any other options out there.

I would not take the plastic off of it and I would sell it if that is how I felt about it. Look I have been reading that is shows wear very quickly as the paint appears to be pretty thin especially on the sole. In addition regardless of how much PR there has been I kinda' feel like we are just about at the limits of driver head technology at least for the present. I would likely look at it as golf money that I can spend however I want to especially if I already have a driver that makes me happy.

Sell it and get something you really want. I don't think you would have started this thread if you really want that driver. Presuming there are things that you do really want, this makes it easier to get to them.

Not sure where you are hearing that (nor does it matter), but ours (the entire white line) has been hit hundreds of times already and not a thing wrong with it. No paint wearing at all.

How about our Armed Forces serving overseas?

http://www.bunkersinbaghdad.com/

That is a great idea.

I look at this thread one way and maybe I am wrong, but I dont see it that way. You have very few thoughts of giving it away or donating it as you mentioned. It is about getting validation from others that if you sell it (in the THP marketplace no less), will others look down at you or think poorly of you. This is not about what is right or wrong, but about people being okay with your choice.

Last edited:
All i can say is wow...I'm in shock

Dude its already in your head and you havent even hit it. You might as well not even take the plastic off it lol. You'll get more money for it NIP.

Yeah Bridges you are over thinking this big time. You will be able to hit this club no problem

Yeah Bridges you are over thinking this big time. You will be able to hit this club no problem

I agree CL ... I also can't help but wonder if this is why he may be struggling with the Mashie. Bridges, you have to clear your mind. Uncloud the negative/worrysome thoughts.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Go to your local golf store and hit the R11. If for some crazy reason you can't hit it, sell your club NIP so you get the most money. But I am not a good golfer and I hit this driver no problem. If I can anyone can.

That someone is suggesting they might sell something they won but can't use so they could buy something they can actually use and everyone seems to be ok with that.

You're not ok with him being able to do that if he so chooses? It's his driver. Not mine, yours or anyone elses. He should give it away if it doesn't work for him? I don't know what I would do if in his shoes, well, I wouldn't be worried that I couldn't hit it before I got it, but if I were to win it, and it not work out for me, I'd probably sell it or something. I'd sell it for a good price and I'd try to sell it to a THP'er.

That someone is suggesting they might sell something they won but can't use so they could buy something they can actually use and everyone seems to be ok with that.

You really dont get it, and that is fine, but you need to move on already.

You won a prize on THIS WEBSITE from a company that was kind enough to donate it for our awesome holiday event. Instead of how great that was and how many would have liked to win it, your early response was that you were going to sell it. Your choice, but many found it in bad taste to post on the site that you won the prize in the contest winners thread. Then when people voiced their opinions, you immediately started personal attacks on multiple members.

You were asked to drop it, yet have continued with subtle jabs here and there at every opportunity. This will be the last time we tell you to move on already

If you can't hit it, sell it! If you are replacing it with something Taylormade that works better for you, then that should take the guilt away. Trust me, I've been there and done that exact thing recently but didn't feel bad because I used the money to buy from the same company.

Back