20220206_151039.jpg
Tasty!

I've defaulted to neat because I do think there's a greater experience. I've also been washing out my glass before starting and just using that quick water spritz as the base layer before the good good gets poured in.

What's the collective take on an old fashioned?
Sounds like I need to bring some bourbon next time I visit

I drank either Jack Daniel's or Wild Turkey when in college.
Switched to Haig Pinch when I was a little older.
Now I only drink clear spirits for hard liquor--no more whiskey at all.
The old tummy won't take it anymore.
But it did taste good back in the day.

I haven’t tried the rye. I’ll keep an eye out for it
I like younger ryes. A 4yr (bottled in Bond) rye is darn good. I'm a fan.

You drink the way you want. Anyone who says you shouldn't do something, or can't do something because they prefer something different is wrong.
This.

Explore and play with it. Adding drops of water to see it change is a lot of fun in my opinion.

For me, one ice cube and two (or three) fingers of bourbon and I’m good to go.

For old fashioned’s I’m a fan but they can get too sweet for my tastes at times. When I was deep into them I bought sugar cubes to be consistent with the sugar added. Then I had a kid and making a cocktail seemed like a lot of effort at the end of the day with work and a toddler. That’s probably why I go one cube with a skin of bourbon, it’s easy!

New Riff Rye is one of my favorites. Such a strong value whiskey.
Yes! Typically not a big rye fan but something about that one hits right to me.

I think we can expect New Riff to start climbing in price. I'd be very shocked since they are a newer distillery (2014) and the success they are having if price didn't go up some.

I think we can expect New Riff to start climbing in price. I'd be very shocked since they are a newer distillery (2014) and the success they are having if price didn't go up some.
You shut your mouth lest they hear you :ROFLMAO:

I brought a new bottle of Elija Craig Small Batch to band practice last night.
My recipe of 1 glass - 2 ice cubes - 3 fingers of EC was a perfect fit to the night.

I brought a new bottle of Elija Craig Small Batch to band practice last night.
My recipe of 1 glass - 2 ice cubes - 3 fingers of EC was a perfect fit to the night.
1+2+3.
I like that math.

So who here makes clear ice cubes? I'm fascinated by these

I've heard of them but until having one in a drink recently I could have cared less haha

I've seen this countless times at the store and haven't jumped on it.. Will have to add to the collection.

It's one of my go to's along with Woodford Double Oaked and the Knob Creek store picks that seem to be in stock year round.

Back