Who sleeps with their smartphone, within reach?

Gamma

Reaction score
Handicap
I used to do this. Not just my phone, but my tablet also used to be on the nightstand beside my pillow. Check email, news, and THP from bed. How convenient!

Not anymore. I moved the chragers downstairs. I plug them in and leave them there before going to bed. A major improvement in the quality of my sleep, and I actually wake up earlier now and am more productive.

What is your story?

I keep my charger in the kitchen so I don't sleep with the smartphone. However when I travel I plug it in next to the bed and use the alarm clock to get me up.

I have the ipad nearby. It is nice when I can't fall asleep or want to check the weather in the morning.

Spent many years being on call 24/7 always had to be available, but no more so my phone sleeps in the other room.

My phone is under my pillow at night. It goes to airplane mode and I have some sleep headphones attached to it. I have to listen to music to sleep well, another strange quirk of mine.

When I travel it's within arms reach.
At home it's in my office getting it's charge on.

Mine charges at the foot of my bed. So I have to get up to get it.

I use mine for an alarm so it's on my nightstand charging.

I do only because it's also my alarm clock.

mine sits on the corner at the head of my bed. i use it as an alarm also so its nice to have right there although plus i am kinda on call at all hours so i need to be woken up if my phone goes off.

Mines right next to my head usually. Always within reach. Partially because I DD for a lot of people and they can call at about any time. And partially because I'm on it all the time.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Mine always sits on the stand right beside my bed. I can't help but have it within arms reach, because I hate missing calls, texts, emails and THP banter haha

I leave my phone on the nightstand, right next to my bed. My phone is also my alarm clock, so leaving it downstairs isnt exactly an option. I personally dont feel that it effects my sleep because once I call it a night, Im done until morning. There is no email or notification (Facebook, Twitter, Ebay, whatever) that is so important that cant wait until morning.

When I'm on call, it's within reach. Normally, if I'm home...it sits in the geegaw basket in the mud room or in the charger. I don't text as a rule, and friends know to call the landline. Yes, I am a troglodyte.

My wife and I both have to be available all hours of the night for work so we both leave our phones on right next to our bed.

I am I'm on call 24/7, so yes it's on the night stand.

We keep ours chargers in the kitchen. The way our house is laid out you can still hear the phone if it rings in the middle of the night.

I use mine as an alarm so leave it where I can reach it.

25 years of having a phone attached to me at all times day or night, calls on the golf course during THP outings or waking me up at 3AM, I couldn't get away from the damn thing. Now that I can, hell I turn it off as much as possible.

Only reason I'm on now is Liz stole my laptop, haha

Gets plugged in right next to the old cabeza. Tablet stays in the family room

I'm another one that uses my phone as my alarm clock. I rarely get a call while I'm sleeping so its not a big deal.

I do shut all notifications at night though. I used to wake up and check my email in the middle of the night. That's just stupid.

Back