Who sleeps with their smartphone, within reach?

I used to do this. Not just my phone, but my tablet also used to be on the nightstand beside my pillow. Check email, news, and THP from bed. How convenient!

Not anymore. I moved the chragers downstairs. I plug them in and leave them there before going to bed. A major improvement in the quality of my sleep, and I actually wake up earlier now and am more productive.

What is your story?

I have all day to conect to the world. I want to sleep when I go to bed, so I don't have anything close by.

I have it by my bed. I have to care for my elderly grandmother now so I need to be able to be reached.

My personal phone and my work phone are right by my head on the nightstand.

I use the alarm clock so it is always on the night stand

It is my alarm clock and entertainment when I can not sleep! Plus in case any emergency calls or texts come across I want it to be close!

My phone is always near along with the tablet. Sometimes if I have something extremely important I'll set an alarm on both of them along with my alarm clock. I'm normally not tempted to mess with my phone. If I'm not using it for contacting someone I don't play with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I keep my iPhone on the nightstand next to my bed. I just like it to be there ;)

I keep it as far away as possible and off while sleeping, if someone needs me they'll be waiting til the morning.

I do in case my kids are in a pinch. We only have cell phones, no house land line line any longer. Plus, it's my alarm.

i do, it's my alarm clock...or my alarm clock sounding throwing device.

I definitely do. For the past 6 years, my jobs have essentially required me to be "on call" every minute of everyday. During the financial mess in 2008/2009, it seemed like a new "emergency" was happening every other night. FirstWorldProblems.

Yep just in case there is an emergency and I am needed.

My wife has banned my phone from the bedroom, but I'm on call 24/7 if one of my clients here me, so its in the kitchen which is within earshot and will wake me up if it rings.

Only when I am on call for work....or traveling and using it as an alarm.
Otherwise...on the kitchen counter in "Stealth Mode".

Always next to me. Unless on call, it's on vibrate which doesn't bother me as it sits on a pillow alongside my bed, which muffles the sound. It is my alarm clock every day, and THP is the first thing that opens in the morning, and the last thing to close before bed.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

Phone is on nightstand. Being divorced with kids, you just never know.

iPad is also on nightstand. THP & WWF before going to bed and first thing in the morning when I wake up, hook up to the TENS unit, & coffee is delivered to bedside by the wife. No BS!

Cookie,

Yep, bedside on the weekends and waiting on the bathroom counter when I finish my shower on workdays. Bonus, a hot breakfast is ready/waiting before I head to work (yes, she works also). Yes, in case anyone is wondering we are bragging!!

I was on call 24/7 for a number of years so I am used to having my Blackberry next to me constantly. I use it as a alarm so it is on the nightstand (with alerts on a timer), charging every night. I review my email and THP prior to sleeping.

Both of our iphones are on our nightstands next to us, charging at night, on silent, but also serve as our alarm clocks.

It's my backup alarm so yes it's on the nightstand when I sleep.

Back