Why Belly Putters Have Grown In Popularity

Good read here, thanks SeeMore. I love my belly putter.

Personally I HATE long putters and I really have no respect for belly putters either, adding a 3rd anchor point is not how it was intended to be done and having an easier putter to use takes the touch out of it and requires less skill...

Personally I HATE long putters and I really have no respect for belly putters either, adding a 3rd anchor point is not how it was intended to be done and having an easier putter to use takes the touch out of it and requires less skill...

But there's nothing illegal about it and it works, so why not do it?

Would you say the same thing is someone had success with a one-handed putter? Would you say that one anchor point isn't how it was meant to be? I doubt it. Nothing wrong with them. And how does it take touch out? Distance control is just as hard if not harder with a belly putter. They only help with keeping the ball on line.

But there's nothing illegal about it and it works, so why not do it?

Would you say the same thing is someone had success with a one-handed putter? Would you say that one anchor point isn't how it was meant to be? I doubt it. Nothing wrong with them. And how does it take touch out? Distance control is just as hard if not harder with a belly putter. They only help with keeping the ball on line.

Of course it's not illegal but I just think these new things like long putters are ridiculous. If someone could putt great one handed I would think that's cool but on the course not the way to do it...

Oh man.

Santa may be bringing me a belly putter for XMas

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Santa may be bringing me a belly putter for XMas

That's awesome dude. You're really going to love it I think! Just practice a bunch and you can get the hang of it pretty fast!

It will be interesting to see how many MC participants go with a Belly Putter.

\
If I get chosen then I will be looking hard to find one for sure!

If I combine Beta blockers and a belly putter I will be unstoppable

You'd have to check the drug testing regulations for the Morgan Cup. I think just a belly putter will do it. They're pretty good.

I took a few beta blockers tonight and I have my palms anchored to this laptop. As you can see, my typing is impeccable.

What's your problem Kazansky?

What's your problem Kazansky?

You talking to me??

TheIcemann has nothing to do with Iceman from Top Gun. My last name is Friesl which soulds like FREEZE-l and one of my friends called me that and added 2 'n's.

Of course it's not illegal but I just think these new things like long putters are ridiculous. If someone could putt great one handed I would think that's cool but on the course not the way to do it...
You seem very angry for such a young guy. Let it go, it's not really worth it to get so worked up over.

Depending on the OEM and the putter offerings I would consider one. It depends on the situation though.

Beta Blockers and a 36" putter will not help you out that much hehe

I took a few beta blockers tonight and I have my palms anchored to this laptop. As you can see, my typing is impeccable.

I've never seen your accuracy so high. Beta Blockers FTW!

You seem very angry for such a young guy. Let it go, it's not really worth it to get so worked up over.

Exactly what I was thinking. Its not the end of the world, we're still rotating on our axis, all is well.

Awesome!! Stay in touch and let us know how it goes. Continue giving us updates!!! Have a good week.

It's not that I am angry it's your choice what putter to use but I dislike long putters since they are so untraditional. I'm a traditional guy in any sense.

Your bag would disagree with that, but ok :)

Aye, there be a hybrid in there lol
And a 7 wood. How traditional is that? I mean I would use one (a hybrid too) but I also use a belly putter.

It's not that I am angry it's your choice what putter to use but I dislike long putters since they are so untraditional. I'm a traditional guy in any sense.

Then why not have bamboo shafts and persimmon heads? (being so traditional) :)

Back