Why Belly Putters Have Grown In Popularity

I'm interested in the concept of belly putters. I have had a roll of a few in the shops and I would like to have one to practice with and see if it would improve my game but honestly it kinda feels like cheating knowing the physics of it and why it works 'better' than a standard putter. Also feels cheating knowing what my playing partners think about them... and yet I still want one.

I wouldn't buy into the whole beta blocker thing. Yeah they will calm you down at the green but they will also regulate your heart and not allow your heart rate up so after walking down a fairway your going to feel more puffed than you actually are because your heart isn't going to be getting enough oxygen around your body so it would probably counteract the benefits of a beta blocker anyway.

Had a roll of a couple of new Ping belly putters today - very nice.

Not sure it's for me though, would have to do some serious testing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a TM one at GG the other day it seems like it would take quite a while to game one. Not as easy as one might think to get on target. Certainly worthy of a ponder.

Jack Daniels works in the brain just like Xanax and Klonopin so it does have a calming effect

That's exactly why I named my belly putter Jack Daniels :D!

Back