Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Review Thread

This is a close up shot with the 6 Iron.

Is this what you were looking for DMB?

That is it man! Thanks so much and that was quick!

THP definitely chose the right people for this. The clubs look amazing and the reviews are just as nice as the clubs. Great stuff guys keep it up!

Thanks! Glad you have liked the reviews so far.

That is it man! Thanks so much and that was quick!

I had to go back and recheck my post cause I thought I had posted it up, noticed I left it out. Quick YouTube upload and there it is.

Glad it was the one you wanted to see.

THP definitely chose the right people for this. The clubs look amazing and the reviews are just as nice as the clubs. Great stuff guys keep it up!

+1. This thread has been killer and I will be stealing some ideas for any future writeups I have. Outstanding work in here!!

Patent pending!

+1. This thread has been killer and I will be stealing some ideas for any future writeups I have. Outstanding work in here!!

Thanks CL! Coming from someone who has some of the best reviews, it's greatly appreciated.

Haha. Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've learned quite a bit from your posts as well.

Wow is really all I can say to describe what has been posted thus far. You guys are doing an absolutely tremendous job. This thread, the SCOR irons, and the Adams irons are some of the best threads I have ever read.

Bravo to THP for picking these great testers and good work to everyone thus far. These reviews have been awesome!

Great job with the reviews so far guys, I love the combination of vids and pics spread out through the entire thread. The irons themselves look incredible! the one thing that stands out in every picture for me is the w/s badge on the back, it really adds to the overall look of these. Well done guys..

I've skimmed a little so far, but just wanted to add that from what I've read and watched, you guys are totally nailing the reviews! I intend to catch up in the next hour or so, but had to mention.

These irons look very very nice. I thought they looked a little bigger than the last FG Tours, but I guess that's an illusion. They're definitely much nicer in the videos and pics than I found them in the initial 'first look' official pics.

Great job with the reviews so far guys, I love the combination of vids and pics spread out through the entire thread. The irons themselves look incredible! the one thing that stands out in every picture for me is the w/s badge on the back, it really adds to the overall look of these. Well done guys..

I love that as well. The black/silver combo is a personal favorite of mine.

I've skimmed a little so far, but just wanted to add that from what I've read and watched, you guys are totally nailing the reviews! I intend to catch up in the next hour or so, but had to mention.

These irons look very very nice. I thought they looked a little bigger than the last FG Tours, but I guess that's an illusion. They're definitely much nicer in the videos and pics than I found them in the initial 'first look' official pics.

I think the first pic we saw made them look a little softer and maybe a bit more rounded off. In person you see a lot more angles that give them a pretty modern look, but traditional shape. Some of the pics really show this better than others.

They are a great looking iron, no doubt about that. The W/S badge looks great on them.

The first "in hand" picture we saw did look rather large. Glad we could get some good comparison pictures up to show what they look like in person.

I think you guys have just about covered everything. I don't really have any questions at this point.

I think you guys have just about covered everything. I don't really have any questions at this point.

Thanks bud. I'm hoping that Howzat gets his soon so we can get another round of pics and another person's perspective. I will say that I was sort of sad after the first range session. You know how much I lusted after seeing these things and it was sort of sad to see them no longer in pristine, unhit condition.

Thanks bud. I'm hoping that Howzat gets his soon so we can get another round of pics and another person's perspective. I will say that I was sort of sad after the first range session. You know how much I lusted after seeing these things and it was sort of sad to see them no longer in pristine, unhit condition.

I feel bad for him actually. Bar, raised.

Ha I always hate after those first few rounds where they don't look perfect any more. They definitely still some beautiful looking irons though, I am more impressed with them after seeing all the vids and pics than I was upon the initial pics. The feedback you guys are giving on them is sounding pretty good too, I guess I can't write off Wilson like I always had in the past.

Hawk started this thread off with the bar set ridiculously high. I have learned a lot by reading his reviews, not only here but on other equipment as well. I think Howzat's irons will be to him today, looking forward to his initial thoughts.

As gorgeous as the irons are and as great as the feedback is, there's still one glaring weakness concerning these irons: where to demo them. I love that W/S is doing this but their products need to be more readily available.

I feel bad enough already so I don't need you feeling bad for me too. Ha Ha :banghead:. The guys have done a amazing job so far and I plan on continuing the trend. All the reviews on THP have improved by leaps and bounds over the past few months and it is great to see. I am heading into the post office this morning to get an update as I can't seem to get any tracking info online.

I'm going to reach out to them since I've seen them at Dick's lately. I'm curious if that's a permanent thing.

As gorgeous as the irons are and as great as the feedback is, there's still one glaring weakness concerning these irons: where to demo them. I love that W/S is doing this but their products need to be more readily available.

Don't you have a shop in town that carry's them, TC? We do, but I don't do business with them due to some personal issues I have with the manager. They allow people to take demos to the range.

I really dont think that has any bearing on the reviews though. I mean we dont touch on it in shaft reviews do we? It is not a negative that I cannot try a UST Attas T2 at a local shop. Nor did it come up for SeeMore putters review thread either.
For what its worth, Wilson Staff is available at Edwin Watts and PGA Super Store as well as Golf Galaxy (near us anyway).

Don't you have a shop in town that carry's them, TC? We do, but I don't do business with them due to some personal issues I have with the manager. They allow people to take demos to the range.

We had a local shop not far from where I lived that carried W/S equipment, but they just went out of business so W/S stuff is hard to come by. It would be really great for us and them if they could get into a Dicks/GolfGalaxy/etc so more people could give them a go easily.

i honestly never have hit Wilson irons but these are some great looking irons. interested to see what you guys think after you hit them some more.

Back