Worst Shot of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
On monday I was playing the 1st hole at my home course. Just off the fringe in 2 about 20 feet from the flag and I go to chip the ball, completely fluff it about 4 feet and miss the par putt >.>

First I thought it may have been the shank into the pond besides the first green but no, not that. Was it the tee shot that disappeared into the trees left of the fourth fairway? Nope. Maybe the tee shot that clipped a pine cone and kicked into a hazard in the woods, naw. It was the tee shot that hit a cart path and bounced into the pines adjacent to #17. Look at my avatar, the ball came to rest on the side of a pine tree, I don't know how, I don't think you could place it there with your hand. How did it affect my round? It was like good icing on the really bad cake. It was so funny that the entire string of bad holes became secondary.

Tomorrow is another day! First tee at 9:08.

Well, I managed to flub two straight chips. That was pretty bad...

Yesterday - dead straight flat 8 foot birdie putt...left it short. Kicked myself for that one! Going from quick greens one day to slow the next can make me a little hesitant at times.

There were so many. But I'd have to say that after slicing driver and 3-wood off the tee, but feeling great with my irons, I tee off with a 3-iron on the 3d hole. Sh***ed it into the prairie. Followed that up with a pull to the left.....in the prairie. The round generally went down hill from there.

Snap hooked a drive on a medium length par 4. Led to a triple, only one of the day. Very frustrating!

Today was the chunked 3 iron on a par three.

I went over some trees on a dogleg left. Saved a ton of yardage and bombed it about 275 straight over the trees. Had a 181 shot into the green for green under regulation... over shot the green with my hybrid and the ball flew into the water... Overshot the chip for shot 4, then 3 putt for double bogey... I love this game, haha!

Funny thread! :)

Worst shot for me last time I played a week ago. Teed up on a long par 5 dogleg left. Plan was to hit my 3H straight out so I would have a good approach on my second stroke. Messed everything up and hit on top of the ball so it rolled 1-1,5feet and stopped. Boy I cursed. Well, ended the hole with a bogey so it didn't turn out too bad after all. But the par would have been nice.

Tappin' for world peace!

Worst shot of my round was actually a really good shot. Played at a new course and my SGX told me that the green was a dogleg right but I couldn't see it. 230 out with a bunch of trees guarding the green(or so I thought). Rip Mashie right over the tree's and I think I'm putting for eagle. Get in the cart and ride up and I see a green all the way left. My ball is luckily playable but the ball would have been 20 feet away for eagle. Instead I'm chipping up over a bunch of tree's. I was a little miffed

Shot two off the hossel today laying right in the middle of the fairway, had a nice round going till that ruined it

i had a few really bad ones in a row yesterday.

first was a big sliced 3 wood from the fairway onto the next holes heavy rough.
followed it with a fat PW which bounced off a stone bridge and into a hazard.
was playable so i thought chip it back into play, got a flyer and it landed in a bush.

a hack and a drop later, i got up and down for an 8.

Quite easy this one, the 4 putt on the 15th for me

Easy...yesterday on the 6th hole. From 50 yards out I hit a hosel rocket straight right.

Chunked a 6i in a tournament. Got up and down for par :)

I was playing a match play last week the course was a little wet. I hit my drive on the 15th already down 2, when I get there it looked like it may be plugged but when I stood over the ball it looked fine so I didn't even check. I take a swing at it hit it slightly thin and see the ball come up to about eye height and going backwards. It landed about 3 feet behind me as I stood there in perfect finishing position. My friends and I just started laughing and needless to say I didn't come back to win that match.

2 different holes, both found greenside bunker.
1st hole, hit it out thin and scream it 30 yards over the green and under some trees. Have to hit a low shot into the bank around the green and pop it up onto the green to roll all the way across, leaving me about a 40 foot putt. 2 putted for a 7.
2nd bunker shot, par 5 and I'm right off the green in 2 in a pot bunker. Hit it thin and scream it over the green into the lake. My drop is onto the fringe since this green is surrounded by water with a bulkhead. 2 putt for bogey.

The Worst Shot of Your Round Thread

The Worst Shot of Your Round Thread

I saw the best shot of the round thread which gave me the idea to make this for all the less heroic shots. I can't wait to hear what people have to share!

I'll start it off. I had a monster drive today on the 7th hole to the edge of the fairway, leaving me 70 yards from the pin. I took out my lob wedge and proceeded to chunk it into the water 15 feet in front of me. Instead of being a birdie hole it became a double bogey hole.

Par 5, great drive down the middle. Well within range to hit in 2, but snap hooked my 5 wood about 100 yards into the trees. Luckily got out, then up and down from about 120 yards for par, but terrible 2nd shot kept me from an eagle or sure short birdie putt.

Par 3 second, 175 a bit downhill. Hit my 8 and flew the green into the fescue. Couldn't get up and down for par.

Today I could give a ton of them. I thinned it out of a bunker over the green and the duffed the chip coming back. Poor short game was the story of the day for me.

Tapaway!

Merged with an existing thread.

260 dogleg that is only 215 if you fly the trees I play safe and chunk a 7 iron into the fairway, pull a 5 iron and hit a huge slice, now I'm sitting 3 on a treestump which I thin across the green, next a chunked a chip, finally on the green now and I proceed to three putt.......holy crap! Next time hit the damn 3 rescue and just go at the green.....round fell apart after that.:banghead:

yes I know not one shot but maybe the shot I didn't take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back