Worst Shot of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
187 yard par 3 over a creek. Choked down and blocked a 4H to the right into the creek. Dropped on tee side of creek and chipped from 35 yards over green onto fringe. Chipped to 4 feet and 2 putted. Result: triple

Tappin' from my iPad!

Here's mine: On the seventh tee, the easiest hole on the course, I was only one over. There is water at 220 yards out. I hit a perfect 3 iron to the edge of the fairway with 75 yards to the pin which was dead center of the green. I pulled out my lob wedge and chunked it 15 feet into the water. My round was messed up after that, I got a double there, and then I finished the front at 7 over

Hard to talk about. 179 yards from the rough -- nestled down in 4 inches of grass and simultaneously in a divot! Opened the face on a 5i, slightly back in my stance and tried a steep swing. The dreaded s***k squirts out 7 yards right and jammed up against the boundary fence.

A 4 way tie
1. 350m Par 4 2nd. Tee shot with a 3 wood, after just making a real good par from trouble, went about 40m and ended up in rough short of the fairway. Took a six.
2. 520m Par 5 3rd. Tee shot with driver went about 60m and ended up in rough short of the fairway. Took a seven.
3. 150m Par 3 7th. Par putt from 2ft. Missed the hole. Made bogey from 5ft!
4. 550m Par 5 14th. 3rd shot, 8 iron from 135m. Blocked right, pin high and left me with almost no hope of getting to the green. Took a seven.
:banghead:

Either my chunked tee shot on the par 3 second or my pull-hooked approach on 3. Ewww.

6 iron into the wind from 152 on hole 1 and hit it fat traveling about 100 yards into the water that was "supposed" to be a no brainer carry. Hello triple bogey!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Either my chunked tee shot on the par 3 second or my pull-hooked approach on 3. Ewww.

Forgot to mention I made par on 2 and bogey on 3 so they didn't end up being all that terrible or hurting me much.

Worst shot of my last round was a chunked 7i on a 165 yard par 3. It was bad in more ways than one as the tee boxes have sand all over the ground. Put a small scuff on the toe of the face of my shiny new MC's!!! Oh well, it's a reminder not to do it again.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Darn near killed myself today. On the first hole I end up in front of a small tree. Pull out a 8i and try to play a fade around it. Catch the ball perfectly, except of course for the fact that I hit the tree. Wack! As I recover from the shock and start to wonder where the heck my ball went, I hear it landing deep in some bushes some 75 yards behind me. Normally I'd be annoyed at ruining the first hole with a silly shot like that. On this occasion though I was actually just relieved I didn't get hit.

Pulled my approach to 3 about 20 yards. Head to the hole of the day thread in a little while to watch my failure. :D

Darn near killed myself today. On the first hole I end up in front of a small tree. Pull out a 8i and try to play a fade around it. Catch the ball perfectly, except of course for the fact that I hit the tree. Wack! As I recover from the shock and start to wonder where the heck my ball went, I hear it landing deep in some bushes some 75 yards behind me. Normally I'd be annoyed at ruining the first hole with a silly shot like that. On this occasion though I was actually just relieved I didn't get hit.

I've had that happen! I didn't think there was any way I would hit the tree and sure enough, I did and it went right past me. Scary stuff. Makes me think twice now.

Worst shot of my round actually turned out OK. It was that kind of day. I was 40 yards off the green, hit a Gap Wedgeleft and about a foot off the ground. It went through the sand trap. popped out onto the green and missed hitting the flagstick by a couple inches (Jacqui said it missed the hole by no more than an inch). Ended up about 15 feet away and I two putted for bogey.

2nd shot today on hole 2. 154 yards into wind and chunked a 6 iron 40 yards. Mud all over club face and the ground was dry. Big time shovel!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I can tell you my worst as it could have killed me! In some trees off the tee but could still reach the green with my M2 Mashie, aimed up with a tree 10 yards in front but 5 yards left of where I was aiming. Caught the ball absolutely flush but had obviously mis-aligned and the ball smacked into the tree and flew back past my head missing by inches.
In future I think I'll just chip out, scared the hell out of me

Played in 35 degree weather a couple of weekends ago and hit a tee shot off the toe of the driver, not on the face, but off the very end of the driver. The ball went about 30 yards straight right into a back yard. Hands were freezing, I was freezing, swing was frozen, lots of excuses but it was a horrible shot. Haven't hit anything like that in a long time.

Missed a 4ft. birdie putt on the 18th, going uphill slight right to left break. Doesn't sound too bad right?? If I would have hit that put would have been my best round in 2012. Blistered the putt going about 4ft. past the hole...now downhill left to right. Needless to say I also missed that one too. Finished with a final of 89.

Last night in my indoor golf league, I chunked a 5 iron about 50 yards into a simulated creek.

the ball smacked into the tree and flew back past my head missing by inches.
In future I think I'll just chip out, scared the hell out of me

Now that's funny
images

Last night in my indoor golf league, I chunked a 5 iron about 50 yards into a simulated creek.
That's funny right there.

Ball below my feet by at least a foot in the left rough of the fairway. Managed to hit about a 20 yard pulled draw that smacked the roof of a house and ricochet back into play about a foot or two to the side of the green. BAD SHOT with halfway decent results!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I've been taking lessons over the winter, and have transitioned from short ballooning slices to a 10+ yard draw. Walked 9 earlier this week. Had a decent (for me) round going into the last hole, a dead-straight par 4 with houses down the left side. The drive is a snap-hook, and hits the brick wall about 15 yards in front of me.

It was getting near dusk, but I still saw the ball bouce off the wall and fly a few feet in front of me near my bag that was on its stand just off the right side of the tee box. Searched for a couple of minutes, but the ball seemed to have just disappeared. I drop another ball and finish the hole with a 7.

I get home and take all of the clubs out of the bag to give 'em a quick wipe down. Something was rattling around at the bottom of my stand bag, so I take a look. Yep, the snap-hooked ball bounced off the wall and must have hit a headcover, dropped through the divider, and landed in the bottom of the bag. :confused2:

I've been taking lessons over the winter, and have transitioned from short ballooning slices to a 10+ yard draw. Walked 9 earlier this week. Had a decent (for me) round going into the last hole, a dead-straight par 4 with houses down the left side. The drive is a snap-hook, and hits the brick wall about 15 yards in front of me.

It was getting near dusk, but I still saw the ball bouce off the wall and fly a few feet in front of me near my bag that was on its stand just off the right side of the tee box. Searched for a couple of minutes, but the ball seemed to have just disappeared. I drop another ball and finish the hole with a 7.

I get home and take all of the clubs out of the bag to give 'em a quick wipe down. Something was rattling around at the bottom of my stand bag, so I take a look. Yep, the snap-hooked ball bounced off the wall and must have hit a headcover, dropped through the divider, and landed in the bottom of the bag. :confused2:

Golf balls do the darnedest things.

I was about 60 yards out hitting my LW with wind in my face and the ground is just mush with an uphill lie. I get my weight stuck on my back for and the ball goes straight up and with that and the wind lands about 20-25 yards in front of me.

I was about 60 yards out hitting my LW with wind in my face and the ground is just mush with an uphill lie. I get my weight stuck on my back for and the ball goes straight up and with that and the wind lands about 20-25 yards in front of me.

Never hit anything above 52* into the wind. At least that's my take on wedge shots. I could be wrong, but I have found this philosophy yields superior results for me.

hmm, on the 13th. The two guys in front of me let me play through - should have said no...

Tee the ball up, take out 3w - which I had been hitting pretty well all day and of course I top it, really badly.

However the 13th is a slightly raised tee, so the ball hits the wooden sleeper used to raise the tee, and lands 30 yards behind me in a bush.

mortified....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back