"Yes We Can" - Do You Believe In It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
In light of the what is taking place today... I thought I'd spark the flames again. Politics.... hmmm, fun times!

Well, it's pretty simple... do you believe in "change"?

I didnt vote for the guy, and dont really agree with him at all. But being a American I think you have to hope for the best. If he can get in there and make a difference I will be happy, he is our President. I still do not understand what the change is though.

I believe in it as much as he himself does. He said in his acceptance speech not to count on it in the first year or even the first term. Need I say more??

I've decided I am going to run for Mayor of Boston... figured I have no experience but I'll just run my campaign on the "yes we can change" slogan

I may have to leave THP once I am elected though

I've decided I am going to run for Mayor of Boston... figured I have no experience but I'll just run my campaign on the "yes we can change" slogan

I may have to leave THP once I am elected though

You've got my vote not that it will be worth anything.

This is how I broke it down...

Barak Obama = Democrat = everyone ties Democrats back to Bill Clinton
1.) can anyone name me a specific economic policy that led to the economic conditions during Clintons tenure in the oval office?

John McCain = W = Bad Republican = Corrupt, Evil, Racist White People
1.) Can anyone name a specific economic policy that led to our current economic condition?

did I even spell his name correctly?

sorry, Barack Hussein Obama.... just have to get used to spelling that name.

This is how I broke it down...

Barak Obama = Democrat = everyone ties Democrats back to Bill Clinton
1.) can anyone name me a specific economic policy that led to the economic conditions during Clintons tenure in the oval office?

John McCain = W = Bad Republican = Corrupt, Evil, Racist White People
1.) Can anyone name a specific economic policy that led to our current economic condition?

I don't really do politics so I can't help you out with any of that but I do know that when a man preaches change and then says well I'm not so sure it's going to happen. I have a hard time believing he even believes what he was saying.

It's just one of those touchy things that no one wants to bring up... it actually pisses me off.

I understand our nations history and that this is indeed a historical event... but can we stop with it already! I know he's black... great, can the media stop trying to make me feel guilty. My family came over on a boat from Ireland not very long ago... my ancestors aren't from Virginia, never owned a plantation...

I pretty much despise every Democratic. The only change any of us will see will be higher taxes, more gun control and an increase in the welfare system. So yes we will see change, just not change for the better.

I work across the street from the Boston Housing Commission... people are jumping for joy today! Yes, I'm so glad I can support more free housing for lazy people!

It's just one of those touchy things that no one wants to bring up... it actually pisses me off.

I understand our nations history and that this is indeed a historical event... but can we stop with it already! I know he's black... great, can the media stop trying to make me feel guilty. My family came over on a boat from Ireland not very long ago... my ancestors aren't from Virginia, never owned a plantation...

I'll agree it's a touchy subject. I'll also agree I'm tired of hearing about him being the first black president. I have other things to say. I'll keep them to myself so JB's ulcer doesn't get any larger.

I'll agree it's a touchy subject. I'll also agree I'm tired of hearing about him being the first black president. I have other things to say. I'll keep them to myself so JB's ulcer doesn't get any larger.

it's ok... I know what you mean. Personally, I believe in the rights given to us in the constitution of the United States. One of which, is the freedom of speech...

the constitution doesn't protect your feelings, if you are offended so be it...

it's ok... I know what you mean. Personally, I believe in the rights given to us in the constitution of the United States. One of which, is the freedom of speech...

the constitution doesn't protect your feelings, if you are offended so be it...

I just think it's funny how he was always mentioning his white grandparents leading up to and during the election. But now all of a sudden he must have forgotten about them and the white mother he had that he holds in such high regard.

I could go on for days Bogey... days!

Sounds like people are more offended by the media hype than the policies of the new president. What canidate didn't run on the policy of "change"?

Not touching this with a ten foot pole, lol, especially the use of the middle name.

:wink: I know. He's offically on the clock now. Let's see what happens.

... the economy is in the state that is is "because of a few greedy people"

Barack, I thought a few months ago it was all a ploy by McCain, Bush, and the Republicans that destroyed our economy

Obama is the first politician I've really believed in. I was hopeful that he would run for President, and now that it's a reality, I'm beyond excited.

Today is a great day for all Americans, and over the course of the next 4 to 8 years even the most bitter people who have nothing to say but negative things about Obama will see that things have changed for the better.

I hope you're right SOBAY. We'll see what happens.

Obama is the first politician I've really believed in. I was hopeful that he would run for President, and now that it's a reality, I'm beyond excited.

Today is a great day for all Americans, and over the course of the next 4 to 8 years even the most bitter people who have nothing to say but negative things about Obama will see that things have changed for the better.

things could certainly go a little more south, which they well.... but if you aware of market conditions and trends the market will only improve. This improvement will have nothing to do with Obama because quite frankly presidents receive far to much credit for such issues.

This improvement will have nothing to do with Obama because quite frankly presidents receive far to much credit for such issues.

Oh, of course it'll have nothing to do with Obama. We all know that the economy has nothing to do with the confidence we have in our president. :D

Anyways, just enjoy life, work on your golf game, and give Obama a fair chance at being president before you criticize the man. We're not going to progress with people like you spewing negative vibes.

Oh, of course it'll have nothing to do with Obama. We all know that the economy has nothing to do with the confidence we have in our president. :D
interesting that you brough this up... today is one of the worst trading days of the year... that's some confidence coming from Wall Street for yah Barack

Non politically (like that could happen) - I suspect he may mirror a lot of FDR's work. You know, government programs to get people working, with focus on internal infrastructure - anyone agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back