"Yes We Can" - Do You Believe In It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
obama has given validation to god for his decision to make the human race

i buy into all the hype, i have obama pajamas, coffee mug, t-shirt, etc

Hahahahahaha!! Love that, ganja!!
How long do you think till he comes over for a pint in the pub in Moneygall?

I have faith that Obama can make things better. I dont think Obama can fix things in a 4-year term though.
Bush had 8 years to screw everything up and its going to take Obama at least that long to fix things.
I'll tell you one thing, Im a lot more optimistic about the future of this country with Obama as our president than if it had been McCain winning the presidency.
So, yes I do believe in, "Yes, we can".
This country need a change in leadership and in policy and IMO, the best chance for a change for the better lies with an Obama presidency.
A McCain presidency would pretty much have been like a 3rd term of George W. Bush and Im not sure I could have standed 4 years of listening to that airhead, Sarah Palin.

Bakemono,
McCain is nothing like George Bush. But most people on left side had Obama running against Bush and not McCain anyway.

Not that Im a political expert, but I see Bush and McCain as very similar. IMO, they are both warmongers and are all about big business.
The comment about how we should stay in Iraw for 1,000 years if thats what it takes and the, "drill, baby, drill" montra did it in for me as far as McCain goes.
Not that Obama is perfect, but IMO he was the best man for the job.

Clearly it did not matter who the liberal or republican side had running then Bakemono, because your mind was made up that the left side was the correct side. Thats your opinion and everyone is welcome to it here.

Actually, no I didnt. I consider myself to be an independent. I voted for Bush in '00 (because I feared what Gore would do if he got elected), voted for Kerry in '04 (because I felt Bush was doing a poor job) and voted for Obama in '08 (because I felt that Obama was the best man for the job).
I believe in voting on the issues, not blindly follow some politican party.

And you believe that McCain and Bush were the same person? And that Obama and Biden are not the same as Kerry?

I have to digest all of this before I respond... wow

Mc Cain is a republican in name only IMO. He is nowhere near conservative enough for me. I was backing Romney.

Mc Cain is a republican in name only IMO. He is nowhere near conservative enough for me. I was backing Romney.

McCain is not a conservative, neither is Bush.... we need a revival of conservative values in this country

it's time for a resurgence of Regan values... who will be next? it's tough to say...

I agree mytime. McCain is definitely liberal on most of the social issues and no where near the religious right side. But he was still my choice based on his voting record against raising taxes.

Reagan was amazing. The closest thing we have to him in this country right now is Charlie Christ. He could make a run in four years possibly.

anyone here like Dick Cheney? I sure as hell do...

Not that Obama is perfect, but IMO he was the best man for the job.

now, did you base that opinion on the fact that he is a great speaker... his resume is incredibly weak and he can't even claim a major piece of legislation while in the senate. I'm just wondering what makes him qualified?

McCain is not a conservative, neither is Bush.... we need a revival of conservative values in this country

it's time for a resurgence of Regan values... who will be next? it's tough to say...

I agree. The government grew even larger under Bush. I want a fiscal and social conservative back in the White House.

Holy smokes! Isn't there some way to prevent a thread from showing up at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back