Yonex EZONE Hybrid - Forum Testing Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out hybrids to the forum testers that were selected after signup and here is a list of those that will be providing feedback in this thread.

Interlooper
jefrazie
Tadashi
wcueb923
JT929
bullfrog41775

This thread will be for them to offer their long term thoughts as they use the hybrid and offer feedback as to how it works for them.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their Yonex Hybrid in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

Well, I just got a very special delivery, and without further delay here are some pics:

Initial thoughts:

To be quite honest, the first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the smell of paint thinner hitting me in the face. The grip reaks of it and I hope it wears off quickly. The headcover has to be one of the coolest I have ever seen. It is a patent leather material with chrome piping and a nice grip to pull it off. It has a velcro attachment at the top with interchangeable numbers for the different clubs. Mine came with "3u" on it for 3 utility. It has a long sock to protect the shaft and goes on and off easily.
From address, this club is beautiful. A nice shiny black crown with a silver face that extends onto the crown for an iron like look. The head is neither too big nor too small. It has the Nanopreme shaft in stiff flex. Nanoscience technology baby! The grip is a Golf Pride for Yonex and is rubber. It has a nice feel, but I can't escape the smell of it. I'm sure by leaving the club out of the box for a little while the smell will go away, but it was so noticeable that I had to mention it.
I went outside for a few swings and this thing is light! It feels lighter than my Nike Sumo hybrid that I had for about 2 years. I'll be heading to the range as soon as I can to get the actual testing started!

Edit: As JB stated, the paint thinner smell is simply grip solvent and will go away quickly. Nothing to worry about!

Last edited:
nice pics and initial thoughts. You are right about that headcover, that thing just screams "I'm awesome." Hope you can get out to the range/course this weekend

The paint thinner smell is weird? But the club is gorgeous!

nice pics and initial thoughts. You are right about that headcover, that thing just screams "I'm awesome." Hope you can get out to the range/course this weekend

I'm definately heading to the range and course no later than tomorrow. It's supposed to be beautiful for the next few days.

That thing is awesome looking. The paint thinner is really weird though. Can't wait to hear some reviews on the performance.

• Admin
Since these clubs were built to specs, it is grip solvent as they put the grips on, drop them in the package and off they go.
It is normal as many many of the clubs built for us have the same thing. It goes away quickly and is nothing to be worried about.

Since these clubs were built to specs, it is grip solvent as they put the grips on, drop them in the package and off they go.
It is normal as many many of the clubs built for us have the same thing. It goes away quickly and is nothing to be worried about.

Thanks for explaining that. The grip solvent I always use smells like citrus, so I didn't even think of that.

Great pics and initial thoughts! Thats a very good looking hybrid, that I saw people crushing at the demo day. Good luck out there.

Thanks for clearing that up JB,

that makes sense.

Real nice looking club there jt! That head cover looks great and the looks of the club overall is just inviting. Can't wait to hear more from everyone on this.

Great pics JT! Really love thelooks of the club and you did a great job capturing that. Looking forward to more!

Great pics jt, really like the look of this club. Be interested to hear how the shaft holds up to the brand name offerings on other clubs out there at the moment.

Looks like a great club! Good luck testing it!

WOW - fantastic pics. I actually have not seen the club yet. When the Yonex sales rep (the national sales rep) came to visit us, he showed Mr. Blind 9 the line and the mister mentioned that they were awesome clubs.

We'll be stocking these clubs so I'll be following along eagerly to see how the testers like them. If THPers are interested (now or as this thread progresses), PM me and I'll hook you up. :) Thanks!

I hope my 5 hybrid is here today. I wonder if mine would have the same shaft. Oh I can't wait to get home. And see it in person!!

boy thats a great looking hybrid, never heard of that shaft before though

I hope my 5 hybrid is here today. I wonder if mine would have the same shaft. Oh I can't wait to get home. And see it in person!!

I hope mine gets here too #3 HYbrid...

The pictures are awesome, great job unvailing....

Guys lets keep this thread to the testing.
We assure everybody that their hybrid is coming.

Great pics and the initial write up looks promising as well, good job. I love the look of the patent leather head cover... Just a little flashy! I look forward to seeing what you all have to say. I crush the Mashies when I hit them well, but I'm still not convinced they are the best fit for me.

jt That hybrid looks great. I love the grip they put on it and the colors used on the shaft. Looking forward to your thoughts on the club!

That looks like an amazing hybrid. I like the shape of that head as opposed to some of the hybrids out today. Great pics and initial thoughts, I can't wait to hear your thoughts after you hit it.

Happy Friday to me and the other testers. I arrived home from an action pack day that included a round of golf, yard work and running around. Much to my surprise there was a package on mydoor step when I arrived home.

The wife told me I got another golf box. Actually she asked if I ordered another club. I proclaimed, NO...I was hand picked by a group of my peers to test the New Yonex EZONE 19* Hybrid. I'm sure all she hear was....WAWAWAWAWA

Anyway she acted excited for me and helped me to open the box along with my two kids. It was like xmas at the Kong's. The box was quite heavy and a bit of a rattle to it. When I opened the box a ver sleak Yonex booklet greeted me first. Then the shiny Black head cover and then the newest weapon in my bag of renches.
I pulled all contents out and shook the box to be sure I had extricated all items from the cardboard carrying device... All clear..I carefully took the wrapper off and shot a few pictures...enjoy

7111087.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1st impression, I love the pear shaped head and the contrast between the face the back of the club head. The red shaft makes the club look...well let's just say..bad as all get out. I'm liking the wieght of the club and the way it feels in my hands. As I type this little review I can smell the solvent coming from the Golf Pride grip.
I asked for and received the 19* with a stiff shaft to test. I can't wait to test this baby out. I am anxiuos to see how this shaft repsonds. Well I am off to dinner with the wife and will share a great deal more over the coming days and months.
Big thanks to YONEX and THP for selecting me as on e of the lucky testers. :clapp:

Hello sweetness. Loved this hybrid at the THP demo day and I really look forward to the testers thoughts.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

Back