Your Favorite Movie Endings

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just watched "Unforgiven" and that movie has a great ending. Got me thinking about my favorite movie ends.

- Shawshank
- Unforgiven
- Se7en

I got a few more but I'm curious to hear what others think.

A couple come to mind

1) The Usual Suspects ---Basically the GOAT of twist endings and everyone tried to copy it in thrillers after

2) Arlington Road --The bad guys basically win in a landslide....which was not typical at the time this movie came out, it was a big shock. Not only does the main protagonist lose, he gets blamed for a terrorist event. It's a crazy ending

3) The Thomas Crown Affair (new one): The museum scene where you find out he returned the painting immediately after stealing it is amazing

4) Saw (first one and only good one): When Jigsaw gets up off the floor

5) Memento : When you find out he was at one time made aware his crusade was a sham and decided to keep doing it.

I'm sure i'll think of more

Fallen staring Denzel has an ending I think is pretty clever.

Shawshank
The Godfather
Usual Suspects
Bull Durham

original Planet of the Apes
sci-fi GIF

Unforgiven, 3:10 to Yuma, Shane, Usual Suspects, Shawshank, ESB, Sixth Sense . Lots more

The Hangover - had no idea Doug was on the roof

Some good ones named already. I really enjoy endings that leave you thinking about it well after the credits role.

The Mist, Identity, Shutter Island, and Inception come to mind.

Some good ones named already. I really enjoy endings that leave you thinking about it well after the credits role.

The Mist, Identity, Shutter Island, and Inception come to mind.
The Mist was a rough one to take emotionally

Rambo
Ford vs Ferrari
Uppity - The Willie Tibbs Story
The Ghost and the Darkness
Top Gun
Beverly Hills Cop

The couple that stick out are The first Star Wars film. Love the whole cheesiness of it as they are collecting their models, before the rush of the iconic music starts. The other that sticks in my head is Drag Me To Hell. Any ending where the main character unexpectedly dies is normally a good one LKL.

Godfather part 3 - the silent scream from Michael Corleone gives me goosebumps every time!

The Wrestler
Jaws

Godfather part 3 - the silent scream from Michael Corleone gives me goosebumps every time!
I scream like that after having to watch the third movie too! 🤣

Several of mine have already been mentioned. I will add

No Country For Old Men
Psycho
The Departed
The Shining
To Kill A Mockingbird

Spaceballs - he's a prince!

Shawshank Redemption
Rocky
Wizard of Oz
Back to the Future