Your grip and why?

I like Golf Pride VDR nice and tackie with just enough cushion they seem to hold up for me better than NDMC

Currently most of my clubs have Lamkin Crossline grips. Why? I bought them with a gift certificate at a course and they didn't have enough Tour Velvets at the time for what I needed. PotAto/potato to me. It makes me no difference between Tour Velvet and Crossline. Most of the time it just comes down to my mood and the cost. You can get the Crosslines in colors so that is pretty fun. If I need grips I just search to see where the best price is between the two and get the lower cost ones that time. Usually they are pretty close. I hate paying more than $2 or $3 for a grip so I usually just get one of these since they are typically the cheapest. I've used the cheaper knockoffs as well and they are actually fine to use, they just don't seem to last as long as the Lamkin or GP. I love some of the grips that are out there, but I just have a hard time paying $5-$6+ for a grip. My hands sweat a ton over the summer but I've found ways to keep my hands dry so the heat and humidity doesn't even play into it.

My Dad had some Lamkin Dual Density Crosslines that he used that I would pay a little extra for. Outstanding grip, unfortunately I don't think they've made them for a few years. I was able to get a bunch when I found out about it, but I'm down to my last 6 which I use for driver and 3-wood only at this point so I should get another year or two of them hopefully.

If only Dr. Scholl's would get into the grip business. I bet they could make some awesome ones.

Prior to this year I had pretty much only used GP VDR's and NDMC's. When Lamkin released their 3Gen Crossline Ace series, I gave them a try and havent looked back. Absolutely love the tackiness of them and they are fraction of the cost of the GP NDMC's.

Wade,

Have you been fit for your grip size? I think knowing what size grip you need is an important factor that often gets overlooked. I had not put much thought into it before a fitting I had a few months ago and it makes a big difference playing the right size. I imagine you might need some extra wraps or a midsize.

Back to your question: I'm a big fan of the new decade Multi-compound; great grip and traction for humid conditions.

Prior to this year I had pretty much only used GP VDR's and NDMC's. When Lamkin released their 3Gen Crossline Ace series, I gave them a try and havent looked back. Absolutely love the tackiness of them and they are fraction of the cost of the GP NDMC's.

Just picked up some Aces at golfsmith (they're 15%off right now too) for my wedges. When my 3 gens wear out on my irons, they'll be going on there too. Love the feel of these. Buck had them Friday and I was sold instantly.

I've tried a bunch of other grips and I always come back to the NDMCs. Don't know why. Just work for me. I'm not saying that there's anything inherently wrong with any of the other grips I tried, just like the feel of these. Use the regular ones on my irons & wedges and the white outs on my woods. Now if I could just figure out my sizing. Fitter put me in standard, via the PING fitting chart, but everything I can find says I should be midsize or +3.

I play the Black Widow Edge grips because they were cheap, I got them off the Bay for 18 bucks delivered. I also experimented in installing myself to save some money, this was the first time I have replaced my grips on any clubs. Since I know how do to this I will never pay for the service but I will also probably change my grips out every season and try a bunch of different companies products. It is a nice fun golf related project for the winter months.

Wade,

Have you been fit for your grip size? I think knowing what size grip you need is an important factor that often gets overlooked. I had not put much thought into it before a fitting I had a few months ago and it makes a big difference playing the right size. I imagine you might need some extra wraps or a midsize.

Back to your question: I'm a big fan of the new decade Multi-compound; great grip and traction for humid conditions.

John,

I have. By the charts, I'm a large. I'm currently playing Winn oversize grips and they don't feel to big at all. However, I read somewhere that elbow issues can be at least somewhat caused by improper grip sizing. I have no idea whether that's an issue with my minor elbow issues, but I figure this time around I'll drop back to large instead of oversize and see if it has any effect.

There's been some great feedback in here. I think the two leaders in my mind are the Golfpride NMDC or the Lamkin REL 3Gen. However, it appears the Lamkin REL 3Gen may not be available. In any case, I'm going to run by GolfSmith tonight and check out the various models.

I have not made my choice for TMC yet but I am used to the heat and humidity being in Raleigh NC. I can tell you that I will not be getting anything that is corded. I do not like the feel of them. For me, they are just to rough on my hands and it bugs me.

John,

I have. By the charts, I'm a large. I'm currently playing Winn oversize grips and they don't feel to big at all. However, I read somewhere that elbow issues can be at least somewhat caused by improper grip sizing. I have no idea whether that's an issue with my minor elbow issues, but I figure this time around I'll drop back to large instead of oversize and see if it has any effect.

There's been some great feedback in here. I think the two leaders in my mind are the Golfpride NMDC or the Lamkin REL 3Gen. However, it appears the Lamkin REL 3Gen may not be available. In any case, I'm going to run by GolfSmith tonight and check out the various models.

Being a THPer, I figured you had been fit or used one of the online fitting tools. Haha

Well, I just recently acquired some G25's and immediately put VDR's on them, and the performance in the rain was horrible. So i went back to my local store and got the corssline ace's and man those are probably some of the best grips i have played with. I simulated the entire round with a spray bottle and towel just like i was doing in the rain. The softness and tackyness is awesome, I currently play gloveless now just because the feel is great and even when my hands get a little sweaty they still dont slip. These are some great grips and these will be my grips for the long haul.

I'm playing the GP Z-Cord grip. I love the firmness of it and the cord helps manage sweat when it gets hot out.

I currently have NDMC's, mostly because it has alignment marks. Love how they look. I'm not crazy about them performance wise, they're a little slick in wet conditions, hard on the hands, and I hate that the "Golf Pride" logo is right where my thumb lands a lot of the time. I'm looking for something new but pickings are rather slim when it comes to alignment marks. Maybe I'll go to those Winn Duratechs. I never thought ~$10 was much for a grip but I don't run through them at the pace some of you do.

I have seriously considered hitting ebay for some of these...I used them for 30 years and miss the alignment marks lol

The green Victory grips are hard to find, but they are out there. I'm happy to have a good supply. I'm just old school enough to stick with these for so long. Best grips ever.

Golf Pride Tour Wraps. They're extremely tacky and in between soft and hard feel for me. Decent in wet conditions as well.

Lamkin Crossline full cords. I play without a glove and perfer a rough texture over tack. I also like how firm they are. NDMC are good but not as good and I have tried Winn in the past but they are tacky and squichy.

Lamkin always. Regardless of WHICH product you buy from Lamkin their dedication to golf grip technology and customer service is unmatched. The grips are also the industries best in my opinion. They seem to be releasing something new or re-invented every year or so. Which leads me to believe they are dedicated to continuous improvement. The R.E.L.s are really nice and I love the color options. I bought my fiance a full set of the pink undersized. So perfect. The new ACE3GEN material is amazing for both the Perma-Wrap and Crossline. I prefer the Crosslines though because of the high-density pattern. Have any of you had the opportunity to test the Lamkin iLine. I hear those are amazing but hard to find in stores.

I prefer the Winn Dri-Tac grips due to how cushy they are and they also are very tacky!!! I know they don't last as long as other grips but I have yet to find anything else similar to them and willing to put up with it.

Winn Dri-tac midsize in gray for me. Great soft feel and fantastic in wet/humid conditions. Tried the ndmc for a few weeks but didn't like the performance in wet conditions compared to the dri-tac.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

All my current clubs have the NDMC Whiteouts on them expect wedges that have the Tour Wrap 2g

However after swing a few clubs of other peoples, all of my Morgan Cup Clubs will have the Lamkin 3Gen REL grips on them.

Standard Golf Pride Tour Velvets. Because that's what my grandfather had in his closet that would make a complete set. And truth be told I love them. Although gonna have to go either 2 or 3 wraps of tape on my next regrip

GP NDMC Whiteouts because traction is better than anyone else.

This is what I use. With new clubs I'll use the stock grips for a little while until them get a little slippery and then everything gets replaced with NDMC's. Whiteouts are my favorite, color varies with club or shaft. I use a fingers only grip and very loose because I tend to unconsciously choke the life out of a grip otherwise so I need a very tacky grip to keep it in my hands.

Back