Your grip and why?

I used to always be a Golf Pride NDMC, but this year I am trying out the Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen's in White. Just need work to slow down so I can get out and play.

I have been using the Lamkin REL 3 GEN for the past two seasons and could not seeing using any other. The reason I use them are because of the technology, feel, and price. And they clean easy with the Lamkin Gripes.

Golf Pride Tour Velvets. Seems like most clubs I had growing up had these grips and they are the most comfortable grips for me. I also like their feel and durability.

GP NDMC's for me. I don't know what it is about them but I love the feel, the texture, and the wet performance. I use to use an older generation Lamkin Crossline and I found them terrible in the rain. The Tour Velvets are ok, but I find they neither excel nor suck at anything.

Secret Grips. I love the longer no taper design and the back-weighting has helped me.

I also like black widow tour silk grips

Driver, wood (s) and hybrids get Golf Pride NDMC Midsize blue's. Irons and wedges get Lamkin Midsize Crosslines. Putter grips are normally IOmic midsize, but I've got a Salty in the mail to play with. I like the feel of the GP NDMC's, but I don't like them when I choke down on the club. I prefer the Lamkins for clubs I may choke down on, which is why I have them on my irons and wedges. I keep the NDMC's on my hybrids and woods for similar feel in the hands for those clubs.

I got a few Lamkin 3Gen RELs last year at the Atlanta Tour Van Stop and have since acquired MANY of them.

They are awesome. Soft and tacky, and seem to be holding well six months later. I've just put red ones on my J33's and they look wicked.

Lamkin REL 3gen for me. I used to use Winn Dri-Tac, but they were too squishy and rotated from torque and impact. The REL 3gens have great grip, but are stiff enough to not rotate.

Dan

As a Callaway staffer, we have choices primarily between GolfPride, Lamkin and Winn grips.

What grip do you play, and why did you pick it?

My Golfpride DDs were nice but wore so fast, I went shopping for different last year and bought Lamkin Crossline Tours (which they no longer make), absolutely loved them, I switched irons this year and local shop can't get them anymore so I decided to go back to wraps which I played for years. They talked me into some Winns but they are too soft for me, when these wear out I am going to try Lamkin wraps. Played GolfPride wraps for years but I just don't like the 2Gs. Out of curiosity I pulled out my old irons to compare grips, they have Golfpride wraps from 1998 with ten years of play and they still look and feel great, look much better quality than what Golfpride currently puts out, things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm?

i play golf pride VDR's, but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna try some Lamkin REL 3GEN's next time i re-grip.

Lamkin Crossline Cords from the custom department I picked up on ebay. I took a chance, bought these, and I really like them. They have black cord thread which is a little softer than the white. They provide great grip when they're wet and are not as harsh on the hands as most cords.

$T2eC16d,!ygE9s7HKKSwBRRhdn0uy!~~60_12.JPG

I've been playing Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs for a while now. I like the tackiness most of all, but also like the price.

I've been playing Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs for a while now. I like the tackiness most of all, but also like the price.

This guy knows where it's at.

I also use Golf Pride because they are the finest one according to me. Plus their prices are affordable too!

Golf Pride VDR double wrap. I'm not happy at all with my Lamkin 3gen tour wrap with no extra tape wrap.

Back