Cleveland CG Black Fairway Wood - THP Review

I change my mind every other day between this and the Mashie fwy and I'm not sure why. Numbers say I'd be silly not to carry one of these.

I change my mind every other day between this and the Mashie fwy and I'm not sure why. Numbers say I'd be silly not to carry one of these.

And now you know why I'll have both!! What a glorious luxury. You're predicament is a tough one for sure.

Kmac, congrats on the purchase of the 3wood dude! I think it's going to be a nice addition to the bag. Are you feeling aprehensive, nervous, excited about a 16* 3wood?

And now you know why I'll have both!! What a glorious luxury. You're predicament is a tough one for sure.

Exactly what I was thinking. The only turn off on the Black for me is that it is 16* so I would be less inclined to use it off the tee.

Exactly what I was thinking. The only turn off on the Black for me is that it is 16* so I would be less inclined to use it off the tee.

Not me dude. I'd rather have more carry distance with a 3wood, especially where I live and play golf.

Dont you still carry the FL in your bag?

Kmac, congrats on the purchase of the 3wood dude! I think it's going to be a nice addition to the bag. Are you feeling aprehensive, nervous, excited about a 16* 3wood?

Thanks dude. I am a little apprehensive about hitting it too high but everyone seems to be liking everything Black these days. Ive never even seen one in a stiff so Im pretty excited to try it out.

Dont you still carry the FL in your bag?

Thanks dude. I am a little apprehensive about hitting it too high but everyone seems to be liking everything Black these days. Ive never even seen one in a stiff so Im pretty excited to try it out.

Right now, the Black is in there and it was for the last few times I was able to play outside this year. I want to get my hands on the 3W.

Not me dude. I'd rather have more carry distance with a 3wood, especially where I live and play golf.

I had a pretty good flight with the FL 13* off the tee...I'm going to go to PGA SS if they are open today and take a look at the black on the monitor. Really miss having a FW in my bag.

Right now, the Black is in there and it was for the last few times I was able to play outside this year. I want to get my hands on the 3W.

Nice, I thought you were quite fond of the Black so to speak lol. Its supposed to be nice this coming weekend so I hope the 3W makes it by then.

There was a real comfort level there with the FL after having it in the bag for an entire season for sure. One thing I didn't do during the Black review was compare the two for my game, but I did it afterwards. If the Black I had was a 3W there wouldn't be a question, but I waver with a mental block telling me I need a 3W rather than a 5W.

So, are you saying that you believe the Black to be a better FW for you? Or is it tough to say which 3wood is better for you b/c you don't have the Black 3wood? I won't lie dude, I'm seriously considering this 3wood.

I can't really say because it's not really a direct comparison. I will say that I think I prefer the feel of the shaft in the Black more. That's such a hard feeling for me to describe, but my perception is that I can load it up better.

What did you mean by the mental block part Hawk? Im just not following is all. Are you struggling with the 5W vs 3W part? Learn me bro!

It's just dumbness dude. I've gone driver>5W before, but for some reason I always think I should have a 3 wood instead. The Black I have is a 5w, so my natural inclanation was to think I needed to put a 3W back in the bag right after the review.

It's just dumbness dude. I've gone driver>5W before, but for some reason I always think I should have a 3 wood instead. The Black I have is a 5w, so my natural inclanation was to think I needed to put a 3W back in the bag right after the review.

Been there. Just to make things worse for you...remember you can always choke up on a 3w and make it play like a 5w ;)

Oh ok, I got ya. Its like me and 10.5* drivers. I just cant not think Im going to hit sky balls with a 10.5* head. I decided to get the Black 3W because its 16* so its in the 4W area but still a 3W.

I think that's a nice compromise. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the sound. It's totally different than anything I've hit recently.

You know what I'm pondering to be honest: the Black 3wood w/ a Kusala Black 72S in it.

I think that's a nice compromise. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the sound. It's totally different than anything I've hit recently.

When that sucker shows up I'll be sure to post some pictures and hopefully the weather holds so I can get outside.

You know what I'm pondering to be honest: the Black 3wood w/ a Kusala Black 72S in it.

Dude I bet that could be deadly for you. The Black line has to be one of the best looking in golf. Complete opposite of the :poop: AMP :poop: stuff.

Kmac, I think my infatuation with this line has a lot to do with how fantastically mean it looks.

Kmac, I think my infatuation with this line has a lot to do with how fantastically mean it looks.

Ive been a huge fan of the look ever since we first saw pictures. Its the murdered out all black Ninja look and I love it. And lets not forget the badass headcover too. Huge fan!

Yep...totally agree. Nothing littered or puked on with colors. Just mean and down to business. I'll take one please!

Ive been a huge fan of the look ever since we first saw pictures. Its the murdered out all black Ninja look and I love it. And lets not forget the badass headcover too. Huge fan!

You're making me stare at the clock so I can go hit one of these as soon as the store opens. My driver might have a friend soon.

Back