THP MLB Fantasy League

Love the interest, if this keeps up we might be into two leagues, which would be awesome.

since its head to head, are we doing weekly lineup changes?

Ya it's daily Mike, cause some teams won't play certain days. They'll be days when you won't have a full lineup set, just due to the way your players schedules work out.

But, you can set your team up for the whole week if you want, and just check back daily to see if anyone got hurt or is not playing well. Yahoo makes it pretty easy.

But, you can set your team up for the whole week if you want, and just check back daily to see if anyone got hurt or is not playing well. Yahoo makes it pretty easy.

Yes it's very easy. I usually set it Sunday night and the check back every day or so.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Yes it's very easy. I usually set it Sunday night and the check back every day or so.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Me too, sometimes guys won't be in the lineup and you won't know that until about an hour before the game, so if you can, you can do a quick switcheroo if I guy has a rest day.

It's fun Icey, just more work then fantasy football.
I can handle the more work, it's my lack of intelligence that scares me.

I'll play. I'm always looking for an extra league rather than just signing up for a public one. Prefer fantasy baseball tons more than football.

I'm pretty sure that on Yahoo, if you do your changes in the proper order and don't touch them, you can set your lineups a week in advance. So on Monday you could set your lineup each day for the week so you don't have to look at it, but if you change something on Wednesday, it might change what you had set for Saturday. Daily is the way to go since so many players take days off or have a small injury and sit out. Weekly changes in baseball are much more difficult, but also not as fun.

Put me down. I'm a big fan of Fantasy Baseball! Would love to join a competitive league.

I'll play. I'm always looking for an extra league rather than just signing up for a public one. Prefer fantasy baseball tons more than football.

I'm pretty sure that on Yahoo, if you do your changes in the proper order and don't touch them, you can set your lineups a week in advance. So on Monday you could set your lineup each day for the week so you don't have to look at it, but if you change something on Wednesday, it might change what you had set for Saturday. Daily is the way to go since so many players take days off or have a small injury and sit out. Weekly changes in baseball are much more difficult, but also not as fun.

correct but daily lineup changes lead to the guys that can do add/drops the most every day winning the weekly matchups. Doing them weekly, since there are days off will create balance, and not just reward the guy who has the most time to do add/drops

correct but daily lineup changes lead to the guys that can do add/drops the most every day winning the weekly matchups. Doing them weekly, since there are days off will create balance, and not just reward the guy who has the most time to do add/drops

You can set a cap on add/drops. Thats what we did in our league last year

I'm pretty excited for this. While I'm not much a fan of H2H, I'll make due and it should be fun with THPers.

What I've always done is a weekly add/drop max. I've played where you can add/drop 7 players per week. Which makes it fair and eliminates the situation that mikedean brought up.

It also puts more emphasis on your drafted players and doesn't allow you to play the matchups as much as no limit would.

What I've always done is a weekly add/drop max. I've played where you can add/drop 7 players per week. Which makes it fair and eliminates the situation that mikedean brought up.

That would be good then

True, but that is no guarantee that the players added will be a positive. Many times they end up hurting you. The great thing about H2H is that you could add 3 new pitchers every day and get a ton of starts each week. That might help with wins and strikeouts, but you leave yourself vulnerable in ERA and WHIP. Plus, you leave yourself open to someone picking up a player you dropped. I don't view daily changes as adding/dropping off the waiver wire as much as being able to plug in your bench players when a regular starter has a day off or doesn't play for a few days because of a small injury.
That's usually what my regular league does as well. After a few years of experimenting with different totals, we do 4 a week and it seems pretty fair. I'd prefer one or two more myself, but I got out voted.

FWIW I like yahoo way better than ESPN

what abotu doing head to head to keep people interested? People can bail out of roto real early

Same. If it's Yahoo, I'll play.

I'm interested. Live draft, head to head, the whole nine yards!

You can put me down

Ill gladly commission one of the leagues if needed Brad. Done it for a few years in another league

Ill gladly commission one of the leagues if needed Brad. Done it for a few years in another league

Thanks Taylor, we'll figure it out, still super early, we'll give this thread a week or two before we finalize the league(s)

I hope we get 2-3 leagues, would be a lot of fun. the key is keeping people active in the league throughout the season

Add me to the interested list if its yahoo or espn

Hey guys, I play fantasy baseball every year, usually in a Yahoo Public League, since none of my friends are really into it. Was wondering how many people would like to maybe play in one from THP this year. Obviously, this would be completely unaffiliated with site and would be for bragging rights only!

Just seeing how many people would like to be in it, and if we have enough interest, maybe could get multiple leagues going. I'm thinking head to head over rotisserie, even know that can be frustrating as heck if your team tanks for a week in the playoffs. I would probably just do it in Yahoo too, I like their fantasy leagues quite a bit.

If your interested, throw something up in the thread and I'll update the first post with people who would like to get in on it. and let the banter begin!

Format:
Yahoo! Head to Head

Interested:
dcbrad
TexasHacker34
War Eagle
ddec
mikedean441
bmik33
Damaikis
IceyShanks
daabiistyle