Acushnet Ordered to Pay Bridgestone

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Acushnet unit ordered to pay Bridgestone damages over golf ball patent Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

The Tokyo District Court has ordered Acushnet Japan Inc, a local unit of U.S. golf equipment manufacturer Acushnet Co, to pay about 1.78 billion yen in damages to Japan’s Bridgestone Sports Co for golf ball patent infringement.

The court ruled in favor of the subsidiary of tire maker Bridgestone Corp, which had argued that 11 of Acushnet’s products, including the top-selling Titleist Pro V1 ball, infringed on its patent portfolio covering solid core golf ball technology. Bridgestone Sports had sought about 5.6 billion yen in damages. A similar patent infringement lawsuit filed by Bridgestone Sports in the United States led to a settlement in September 2007, in which Acushnet pay Bridgestone a license fee.

Ok JB, where do you expect things to go from here with Acushnet? I know very little about these matters, but this sounds like a hugh thing if it effects the Prov line.

Does this have anything to do with the redesigned ProV or is it the old one that Callaway sued them over?

• Admin
Ok JB, where do you expect things to go from here with Acushnet? I know very little about these matters, but this sounds like a hugh thing if it effects the Prov line.

Does this have anything to do with the redesigned ProV or is it the old one that Callaway sued them over?

It is the old one I believe.

How is Callaway involved in this? I thought this was Bridgestone. Or did they already sue?

Back