Golfer Gal's Jalapeno Bread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This was made last night and was freaking amazing. Had to photograph it.

438499458_wAkeX-L.jpg

Bastage!

Crap. Now I'm going to have to go on a snipe hunt for lunch.

Looks good...

My mom makes the best BANANA bread...haha

I'll put my mom's pumpkin bread up against anyone's.

One time, just before Christmas, she shipped me some. I took it to work and shared it. Every year at the same time, people started asking me when she was sending it again.

Same thing happened in college.

This one turned out pretty good...I used it to make a turkey sandwich today....yum!

I think tonight I am going to try a banana bread or zucchini bread.

This one turned out pretty good...I used it to make a turkey sandwich today....yum!

I think tonight I am going to try a banana bread or zucchini bread.

Love both of those.

The first time I tried zucchini bread, I was skeptical (this was about 15 years ago, before it got "popular"), but . . . mmmm, yummy.

We're going tpo the club for dinner tonight and they have my wifes favorite olive bread. I think she enjoys that bread more than her meal.:bicker:

Love both of those.

The first time I tried zucchini bread, I was skeptical (this was about 15 years ago, before it got "popular"), but . . . mmmm, yummy.

I make a wicked chocolate zucchini cake. It's a vegetable--like carrot cake.

Which bread machine is it?

Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe

Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe

1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C butter
1/2 C oil
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C buttermilk (just add a tad of vinegar to regular milk and let it sit)
2-1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
4T (1/4 C) cocoa
3 six inch zucchini, grated
1/2 to 1 C chocolate chips

Cream the first four ingredients (sugars and fats) in large bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, & buttermilk. Mix well. Sift in dry ingredients. Stir in shredded zucchini until everything is well blended.

Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.

- - - - -
Wow--I haven't made that for ages, so I didn't realize what a heart attack special it is. But worth it.​

I love jalapeno bread :clapp:

Old girlfriends. The cake was always featured at girls' night out at Ravinia. We'd sit in the back of the lawn, drink too much, and tell dirty stories. It was a few years back.

And . . . .

mail me some bread... please? haha

Back