I'm the least enviable NFL fan in America...

Pinged

In Search of Bagger Vance
Reaction score
Handicap
I maintain two homes: Kansas City, MO, and Ludington, MI.

The Chiefs went 2-14 this season and have lost 23 of their last 25 games.
The Lions went 0-16 this season and have lost 23 of their last 24 games.

Now in truth- I don't give a flip about the Lions, but still... can there POSSIBLY be another NFL fan in the HISTORY OF THE GAME- who has ever been resident to a combined 2-30 season and whose two local teams have lost 46 of their last 49 games?

SHEESH! :beat-up:

maybe you should buy a house in New England?

And another one in Tennessee!! Then the Patriots and Titans would lose 46 of their next 49 combined games! :clown:

I come from Minnesota, just moved to Texas. I have never known what it's like to have a successful team. :clown::turtle::loser:

The Vikings went to 4 superbowls in the seventies. Granted they lost them all, but they were in four I believe.

The Vikings went to 4 superbowls in the seventies. Granted they lost them all, but they were in four I believe.

Affirmative, but I was born in 1984 - their worst season ever, and it never really picked up.

Ah yes, wasn't that the era of "The Purple People Eaters" defense.

It sure was.

The Vikings also made the playoffs this year after you left . . . and the Cowboys and Texans did not, after you moved here.

Hmmmmm, coincidence?

I think not.

I am fully aware of all of these accounts. Uff da.

:zsimpsons:

It's not your fault Julie. The Vikings have always sucked - even when they have a good team. Even in the 4 Super Bowl appearances, they never scored more that 14 points (7, 7, 6, & 14 respectively)...

This was a rough year around the office. Since my company is MI-based, most of the upper managers have all done tours through the HQ, and are Michigan and Detroit fans. Between the Wolverines and Lions it was a nasty year - not that my Badgers and Cowboys/Bears did all that great either.

Now in truth- I don't give a flip about the Lions, but still... can there POSSIBLY be another NFL fan in the HISTORY OF THE GAME- who has ever been resident to a combined 2-30 season and whose two local teams have lost 46 of their last 49 games?

And let's not forget that the Lions lone win in the last 24 came against the Chiefs!

well, that Pats didn't make the post season... that's ok, I can deal with the past three rings

At 11-5 and not making the post season is pretty crazy.

At 11-5 and not making the post season is pretty crazy.

Especially with the 9-7 Cardinals and 8-8 Chargers making it as division champs. That's the way it goes sometimes though.

Atleast your team hasn't packed up and headed for "greener pastures". I had to go 4 seasons without a football team. And then when they come back they suck. :angry:

Atleast your team hasn't packed up and headed for "greener pastures". I had to go 4 seasons without a football team. And then when they come back they suck. :angry:

In all fairness, didn't they mostly suck when they left?

But they became good enough to win a SuperBowl relatively quickly

I dont know about that NVM. The Bucs in the Superbowl winning year were darn good. The 85 Bears were amazing. The Steel Curtain from the 70s were great too.

Back