A tough course ahead for golf clubs

OttawaGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
Patrick White of the Globe and Mail recently interviewed me for a story on golf and the economy. If your interest here's the link A tough course ahead for golf clubs

Thanks
Sean

That's cool, thanks for sharing with us.

Very cool, i find myself buying more and playing more each year i think im the opposite lol!

I think companies, such as Taylormade, need to stop releasing two new driver lines every six months and continue to charge 400 dollars a driver... especially when the "new" model is a slighly tweaked older model.

Yeah, and six months is being generous DD. It seems like everytime I turn around they have a new driver coming out.

An example of this is the r7 460 vs the superquad... slight tweak here and there and a paint job

people sometimes can't get their head past the fact that a club is new, it MUST be better! you could get a 460 for 149.99 or spend 400 on a superquad, many people picked up the superquad, then came the new burner, year later the new burner, now the r9!

And lets not forget the 9 limited edition series that have come out in between there. Plus all the TP models.

And lets not forget the 9 limited edition series that have come out in between there. Plus all the TP models.

r7
r7TP
r5
r5TP
r7 460
r7 460 TP
r7 425
r7 425 TP
Superquad
Burner
Burner Pro
r7 CGB
r7 Limited
r9

lots of drivers...

Dont forget the Patriot

I think companies, such as Taylormade, need to stop releasing two new driver lines every six months and continue to charge 400 dollars a driver... especially when the "new" model is a slighly tweaked older model.

How is that going to affect country clubs?

I wasn't being a smart***, do you think that TM releasing clubs will have a negative effect on the # of rounds played?

I wasn't being a smart***, do you think that TM releasing clubs will have a negative effect on the # of rounds played?

more than likely no, but potentially... they are the glitz and glamour of the golf industry. You could say their marketing draws in big numbers, so more money on equipement could translate to less rounds played

but like I said before, more than likely no

Back