JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you had to choose one company only for all of your clubs, which one would it be? For argument's sake, Cobra and Titleist are different companies, as are Cleveland and Srixon, etc...

I'd have to say TaylorMade. Their drivers are the best, I like their R7 irons, their Z TP wedges are nice, and the putters are okay...

I'm going to say Taylormade, as that is pretty much my entire bag right now. I would really love to take the Nickent line for a test drive though, I think I could game a Nickent set.

Ping -

I love their Irons
Their G10 Driver seems unreal
Putter I wouldn't mind playing
Only pet peeve would be the Wedges.

I don't have enough knowledge of any of the club companies to make an accurate assessment of my favorite. Going by looks I'd have to say either Callaway, Taylormade, or Nickent. :alien2: With Callaway pulling away from the group but Nickent is a not to far back second.

I don't have enough knowledge of any of the club companies to make an accurate assessment of my favorite.

I'm pretty much in that boat, too. Plus I don't hit enough clubs to know really. But, what the h*ll ... Ping or Callaway.

Me three! If Cobra even makes everything, I'll go with them--couldn't live without my hybrids. Otherwise, PING.

Ping -

I love their Irons
Their G10 Driver seems unreal
Putter I wouldn't mind playing
Only pet peeve would be the Wedges.

Look at the new Tour W wedges. They're improved over last year's model, and they're putting spin-mill on the faces now.

I'm all-in with PING.

My new irons are being made, and should be here by the end of the week, I need to make a decision on wedges sometime soon. (between Eidolon, Nickent and PING)

• Admin
To get OT briefly. Thanks to Gummi Bear we are now going to be reviewing Eidolon Wedges in the next few weeks. We were always planning on it, but he expedited the process and they should be here soon. Then we will have reviewed two of those out of the three on your list. Hope that helps GB

Mizuno.

I'd have to stay true to Titleist. My bad is made up of all Titleist except for the 3-wood, hybrid and putter.

I keep buying Callaway. I may end up with a bag full, unintentionally.

Its Nike or Mizuno for me. They're the only companies that have one of each club that I could stand to play.

hmmm, i would have to say Callaway
Callaway
X Forged Irons
X Forged Wedges
FT-i or FT-iQ Driver
FT FW WOods/Hybrid

I could play just about anything.

Nickent or Ping would get the nod for no particular reason other than I like their stuff. I like that Nickent is a bit more 'value' oriented. Whether by choice or not...

Titleist, Callaway, Nike could all be great and would include the ball.

Cleveland drives me nuts with the 'Cleveland' script on the soles of their irons. Bugs me to no end. Just put the number!!! But, their clubs are great performers.

Cobra could be up there with Nickent and Ping as I'm in love with the L4V.

I just wouldn't play TM. Not for any rational reason as I know their clubs are great, I just have a personal issue with TM business practices. And I wouldn't go Mizuno if I had the choice as I value durability over feel (they all feel good when you hit the sweet spot) and have heard lots of horror stories with their quality control.

Just about any of the OEM's make great clubs.

Titleist- Basically my set now, but I would need a few changes.

907 D2 8.5* Speeder 652 S
909 F3 15* Diamana S
909 F3 18* Diamana S
585H 21* VS Proto S
585H 24* VS Proto S
ZM 5-PW Project X 5.5 hard-stepped
Vokey 52.10 56.14 Black Nickel
Cameron

But with the new stuff, Nike

Dymo 8.5* or SUMO2 Tour 8.5*
Dymo 15*
Dymo 18*
Sumo 21* hybrid
Sumo 24* hybrid
Victory Red Blades 5-PW PX 5.5 hard-stepped
SV Tour Black Satin 52.10 56.14 or VR 52.10 56.14
Unitized, I tried these in Maui and I personally really liked the feel.

Cleveland or Mizuno.

Nickent...

Essentially because I am very picky about irons and the ARC blades are just plain silly. I could build a set around the blades and be able to perform. I'd throw in a T Spec 4DX driver with a GD Tour AD Quattro shaft, same goes with all fairway woods (tour spoon 13 degree ideal). Top it off with a 5DX shafted with a YSQ Hybrid shaft. Wedges I'd get in trouble... I like Nickent to have more bounce options. While I have been very impressed with Nickent as a company, putters... just can't go with the pipe so I'd have to warp myself into the future and use one of their tour putters that are being released soon.

Since they don't make balls I'd continue my Titleist use...

DD,
not in a million years did I think I would say the same thing. But as of right now, it would be them or Nike. Their wedges are great, but bounce options are limited. Their irons are the best I have hit across the board. I love the Split Cavity Nikes, but if I was playing blades there is no way it would be anything other than the ArC Blades. And we all know that I am playing their Evolver and Hybrids already.

DD,
not in a million years did I think I would say the same thing. But as of right now, it would be them or Nike. Their wedges are great, but bounce options are limited. Their irons are the best I have hit across the board. I love the Split Cavity Nikes, but if I was playing blades there is no way it would be anything other than the ArC Blades. And we all know that I am playing their Evolver and Hybrids already.

neither did I... I learned my lesson pretty quickly. Last season I drooled over a set of 695MB's but after hitting them I was just so disappointed. The ARC's are just absurd, this is my third blade set and I can't even describe how happy I am with these. I am a high bounce player with my wedges, one of the major reasons I havent gotten rid of the Vokeys is that not many companies offer that flexibility. Cleveland... I'd like some CG10's but their new wedges just don't catch my eye

After years of drooling over Taylormade and Callaway clubs, I would now have to say I'd pick Nickent as my company of choice if I get just one. The putter is really the only spot I'm not that happy with, the rest is a great lineup.

After years of drooling over Taylormade and Callaway clubs, I would now have to say I'd pick Nickent as my company of choice if I get just one. The putter is really the only spot I'm not that happy with, the rest is a great lineup.

lots of talk about their upcoming Tour Putters... just rumors about the final designs but I am excited.

yes3.jpg

20080117-162603-7.jpg

I would have to go with Cleveland, that is only if I could keep my Never Compromise GM2 Exchange putter. I love my putter!!!!!

Tough to say, it would probably be either Callaway or TM. I don't get along with Clevelands drivers or hybrids at all for some reason. Every club I have used from TM or Cally has performed just as I expected & wanted. Doesn't mean there aren't others out there that wouldn't work as well, I just haven't hit any of them.

Only one company?

Only one company?

Not sure if this has already been posted, but it'll be a discussion regardless. :D

If you could only play one company's clubs, which company would it be, and what clubs would you use?

Right now I would say Nike.

Nike SQ Dymo Str8 Fit Driver
Nike Dymo2 3W
Nike SQ Hybrids 3i and 4i
Nike VR Full Cavity Irons 5,6 | Split Cavity Irons 7,8 | Forged Blades 9, PW
Nike VR Wedges 52* 56* 60*
Nike Milled Series (the one with the green face) Putter

Back