Cell Phones on the Course

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you bring your cell phone with you on the course? I always have mine but do not take calls while playing unless it is GolferGal, because she knows I am playing so if she calls, it is important. However I do need my emails, so I do have to check those.

I take my cellular phone to the golf course, but keep it on vibrate. I never know when a emergency may arrive.

I usually have it with me on the course and on vibrate as well. I have several salesman friends who always have their phones on and it usually doesn't bother me as long as they aren't talking on them while people are hitting.

if its an emergency, the clubhouse/pro shop can always be contacted and they will come out and get you. no need whatsoever for phones.

however, yesterday, one of our four didn't show up and a single joined us and he told us, before we started, that his wife was in the last month of her pregnancy and he may have to answer his phone, we were ok with that. but, if it was our regular four and a phone went off, it would be in the pond.

also, i've never heard of "needing" emails while golfing. that's just over the top.

• Admin
if its an emergency, the clubhouse/pro shop can always be contacted and they will come out and get you. no need whatsoever for phones.

however, yesterday, one of our four didn't show up and a single joined us and he told us, before we started, that his wife was in the last month of her pregnancy and he may have to answer his phone, we were ok with that. but, if it was our regular four and a phone went off, it would be in the pond.

also, i've never heard of "needing" emails while golfing. that's just over the top.

We obviously work in different industries. My candidates careers are based on the emails that I get.

I won't carry mine, I really don't care who tries to contact me, if I am playing a round most of the time my son is with me and if he's not shame on him for not going. Second, my family would call just to bug me and ask dumb questions like "What are you doing?". I have nothing against my friends that do take thiers because alot of them need their cell phone for work in case of emergencies, just be respectful with it.

I usually take mine and turn the ringer off, the only call I'll pick up is from my wife. She knows not to bother me when I'm out so unless it's an emergency she doesn't call.

My phone is kept in my bag at all times. It is on vibrate. I will usually always miss a call, or I just usually receive texts and read them in-between waits on the tee box.

Ehh

Ehh

i have to keep it with me just in case my parents need me but its usually on vibrate like callaway girl said

I keep mine in the bag too. In the industry I am in I may get a call anytime so I keep it pretty handy. On the course, it's on vibrate and I'll check it whenever there's a back up or every hour or so.

Usually with me, ringer off. They don't bother me, but I do have one friend who doesn't shut his ringer off and he'll always take calls on the course. Sometimes it bothers me, but not too much. Part of society now, so we need to live with it. Alot depends on your life. I never used to, but now with a family and baby, I have to be accessible 100% of the time.

I need my emails too when Im on the course, I can usually get some work done in between holes which allows me to get out in the first place. This on the weekdays of course, on the weekends I really dont check them.

I keep it on vibrate and check it when I get a chance. Ive had many times where I get a phone call and have to split. It just always happens to be when your the furthest distance from the clubhouse.

We obviously work in different industries. My candidates careers are based on the emails that I get.

So you're the man I need to talk to when I make my presidential push in a couple of years?

I do carry my phone with me on the course. I too leave it on vibrate and leave it in the bag or in my pocket. It depends on who is calling whether I answer or not. I'll check voicemails if they leave me one and call them back if it's worth making the call. Usually it's not so I don't call back until there's a major back up or the round is finished.

In the bag on vibrate. I have no issue at all with people who need to have them on the course for their job or for personal reasons. Just keep them on vibrate and don't let them effect me or my pace of play.

Come on, JB. Do you really expect any of us to believe you have a job outside of running this forum? :banana:

I've got to have the BB at all times. Baby at home, demanding job, there's just no way I can be away from the electronic superhighway for 2 to 4 hours straight. (Of course, I never golf during standard work hours, but sadly the emails do not stop coming on Friday at 5pm!)

That said, I turn the sound off, and only check emails while we're waiting anyway.

My phone's my only way to tell time.

Come on, JB. Do you really expect any of us to believe you have a job outside of running this forum? :banana:

I've got to have the BB at all times. Baby at home, demanding job, there's just no way I can be away from the electronic superhighway for 2 to 4 hours straight. (Of course, I never golf during standard work hours, but sadly the emails do not stop coming on Friday at 5pm!)

That said, I turn the sound off, and only check emails while we're waiting anyway.

Sad, but unfortunately I do.

No doubt, who even wears a watch anymore?

Hey I do. You gotta problem? :angry:

But about the phone, I keep it in my bag on silent and check it while walking to my ball or in-between holes. I also use it to track my stats so I take it out for that.

I know most of you won't like this, but I text my friends during my rounds, while I'm walking to my ball or walking to the next hole. I never let it slow me down though, if I can't finish the text in time to hit or such then I put it away until I'm done hitting.

I keep it on silent... I'll check it here and there and may make a phone call if its needed.

Hey I do. You gotta problem? :angry:

But about the phone, I keep it in my bag on silent and check it while walking to my ball or in-between holes. I also use it to track my stats so I take it out for that.

I know most of you won't like this, but I text my friends during my rounds, while I'm walking to my ball or walking to the next hole. I never let it slow me down though, if I can't finish the text in time to hit or such then I put it away until I'm done hitting.

I do the exact same thing. It is kind of nice because I sometimes dread such a long walk to my ball, so I just pull out the phone, and then you're like "wow I'm there already"

Edit: I didn't mean for that comment to be like a "I'm a huge hitter" comment.

I do the exact same thing. It is kind of nice because I sometimes dread such a long walk to my ball, so I just pull out the phone, and then you're like "wow I'm there already"

Edit: I didn't mean for that comment to be like a "I'm a huge hitter" comment.

You mean you aren't a long hitter? Come on Dent step it up! :alien2:

But really though, I get what you mean.

Back