Anyone here play at crooked stick in Indianapolis?

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
I have played some great courses in Indianapolis. One of my favorites is The Country Club of Indianapolis. It is a beautiful course, and also challenging. I have run into many Colts players that play there. However, I have been wanting to play Crooked Stick really badly, but obviously it is private so I can't just go play. Anyone here a member there that I might be able to go play with sometime? I obviously would pay my own greens fees...(I hate when people ask if they can play with you at a CC and then expect you to cover their fees,lol)

Back when I lived in the Indy area, I played it a lot. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

My brother is a sales rep for DuPont paints and he has a couple of contacts at CS. I have been able to play there a couple of times over the years. It is everything you would think it would be.

Man I am jealous! Any chance maybe sometime this summer he could help me get in there for a round? Better yet Hoosiergolfer, maybe you and I could go play a round there together.

Man JB it sounds like you have lived in a lot of places and played a lot of great courses, lol. Not a bad thing! I have been to crooked stick to watch the senior US open last year and it looked beautiful, and I know they are moving the BMW championship there next year (2012). Any other courses you would recommend playing around Indy that are open to the public JB?

Man I am jealous! Any chance maybe sometime this summer he could help me get in there for a round? Better yet Hoosiergolfer, maybe you and I could go play a round there together.

I wish! Been sometime since I played there and I doubt I'm on the shortlist to return. When I played there years ago, I was around a 7 HC and didn't break 90.
I would be happier I think to play Sycamore Hills in Ft. Wayne again. Played there once four years ago. It is a Nickaus design and very private. Augusta like conditions. To me it is the gem of the state, but getting on is not easy.
I think the Brickyard is a must play in Indy. Not private, but not cheap and not easy.

Back