Crazy Day In Connecticut

Diane

Reaction score
CT is not usually the state of weird news, but yesterday certainly was. Someone stole the body of a 2 year old who died in 2007 from a cemetary - it was found in a NJ river. Then some guy held his ex-wife hostage, called a priest to give her last rites before he tried to kill her in a house fire. Fortunately, she escaped. Wow - I feel like I live in a southern state. :wink:

That same guy with the house fire has a checkered past to say the least.

I've got you beat. Columbus Police tried to arrest a guy yesterday only to have him flee, enter the freeway, cross the median, hit a semi truck head on. Then as the police approached the car he decides to shoot at them. Forcing them to return fire and kill him. He was confirmed to be the "High Desert Rapist" from the L.A. area. He is also believe to have committed multiple rapes in the Columbus area along with other offenses. The "accident" had the freeway shut down for about 7 hours last night.

How about the Columbus firefighter who shot his 2 dogs to death in his basement because he didn't want to pay to board them while he went on a cruise . . . and then dumped their bodies in the firehouse dumpster . . .

Firefighter faces jail for killing dogs - CNN.com

How about the Columbus firefighter who shot his 2 dogs to death in his basement because he didn't want to pay to board them while he went on a cruise . . . and then dumped their bodies in the firehouse dumpster . . .

Firefighter faces jail for killing dogs - CNN.com

There are all kinds of things going on in Central Ohio. There's a cop that is on Admin leave for being caught playing "pocket pool" in a department store and also a cop that is on leave for threatening to shoot his neighbors. I think Columbus is getting ALMOST as bad as Florida.

CT is not usually the state of weird news . . . Wow - I feel like I live in a southern state. :wink:

All the states have their moments, but Florida seems to have cornered the market! hehehe

I think RoguePixel and I have you all beat this week. 40 years after the Gaffney strangler killed people, a nut-job shot and killed 4 people in Gaffney, SC and was shot to death himself after breaking into a home in Gaston County, NC....right next to Charlotte. I have a buddy who used to be a Gaston County Sheriff and he said that they lead the state in gun-draws each year by a lot.

Gaffney is only aobut 30-45 minutes from the Charlotte area and this was pretty scary...guy just walked around shooting people, they think just looking for $ for his drug habit. Thank GOD he was stupid enough to get himself killed before killing more innocent people.

Living very close to the border with Mexico, we get lots of oddball criminal behavior. Right now, the drug traffickers are using human pack mules to bring drugs in through the desert and across the Santa Rita Mountains just south of Tucson. The advantage to this particular passage is the rugged terrain. It is easy to lose one's self in the canyons and vegetation of this very inhospitable place. My neighbor is working on the series of camera and radar detection towers that are being erected to detect border crossers. He told me last night that he was stopped by a group of 14 illegals who were tired, hungry, thirsty and lost. They just wanted to be collected by the Border Patrol and returned to Mexico. When the BP got there, they searched the desert and found big bales of MJ hidden all in the brush that these guys had been transporting. There are several dead bodies found each week. Mostly mules who were robbed of their cargo.

Back