Help with Ernest Sports ES14 Launch Monitor

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
I picked up an ES14 launch monitor mainly to help dial in my new clubs, but every bit of it has been a major disappointment and I'm ready to ship it back.

So here is a picture of my setup --
setup_zpsa5e6dd38.jpg

I've set all the actual club's lofts into the ES14 setup, but no matter what I hit, the distances are always well short of reality. Plus, if I don't hit it nearly exact straight it doesn't even register. Heck, my driver wouldn't register at all despite hitting it right down the middle and when it did, the club head speed, ball speed and distance were no where near reality.

Driver Results - Typical Results - 245 - 265.
driver_zpse9b355e6.png

5W Results - Typical Results 215 to 220.
5w_zpsa1e59bdb.jpg

3 iron - Distance experienced in 3 rounds of golf - 195 - 215 yards.
3i_zps144772d0.jpg

7 iron - Distance experienced in 3 rounds of golf - Consistently hitting around 165 to 175
7i_zps657fe743.jpg

The club speed seems WAY off. When I was being fitted for my irons, my club speed was consistently in the upper 80's to low 90's. I thought that club speed was one of the measured factors, but if that is the case, it's way off.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If this is as good as it gets, then this is just a $$$$$ toy and will get sent back. I would rather dial it in on the course and suffer a few extra strokes for now then waste my money on this.

Thanks.

There have been quite a few complaints about the accuracy of this unit. I have not tried one except at the PGA Show and that was was a demo. We offered to review the device and it's claims and we're turned down (which is very rare).

You aren't the first I've heard of having these issues.

The bells and whistles they have are nice, but the performance is lacking.

A buddy of mine bought this unit and had the same problem. I remember he was super excited about it when he was building his setup and then wanted to burn it pretty soon after.
Hopefully they refund your money with no hassle.

Thanks guys for confirming what I thought. I bought it off amazon so refunds won't be an issue. No one locally carries it.

I had considered buying but now I will just save my money until I can afford flightscope or game changer.

Its worth checking out the SC100. Not as flashy, but works. Huge thread here on the forum too.

Back