Well this explains a few things...

worst_shot_ever

I leave big divots
Reaction score
I was wondering why TheSandTrap had slowed so precipitously. I figured it was weather related, but I guess it doesn't help that half of the most prolific members are contributing over here. (Yes, that includes you Harry.) Although I missed this site's inception, hopefully I'm not too late to the party. I found the link on Charlotte's personal site.

Welcome to our family here at THP. You are correct that many of us had met before at a different forum. However we think of this site as an alternative with a little more laid back attitude. Not better or worse, just different.

Giveaways, fun, and of course golf talk. Not a whole lot more to ask for.

Welcome aboard and we hope that you enjoy it.

Welcome WSE... glad to have you here and feel free to bring your friends. We like to have fun in a more laid back atmosphere... and the giveaways are a great addition.

Welcome to THP Worst Shot.

Thanks all. Nice to be here. JB: "I'm Not a dictator" -- 'nuff said.

So I was supposed to say something about myself, so here's my latest golf-related news. I just returned from a week in Austin, TX, where I stayed with a relative who lives on a golf course. What an advantage that is. I was about three houses down from the driving range, and I probably hit as many buckets last week as I managed in DC all summer. (So easy when you can grab a club and walk over to the range for a few -- compare DC, where the closest grass range open to the public is a 30 minute drive on a good day.) Might actually learn to play the game if I had that sort of access regularly! Then again, maybe not. :)

Glad you are here. Hope you enjoy it like we all do. It is nice living close. I am about 1 mile from my club.

So people do check my site.... good to know!! haha j/k, glad you could come over!

Avery Ranch, just North of 620 off Parmer Ln. Almost Round Rock, really. I liked the course. If you play the tips it's pretty long -- I played blues :). Some great risk-reward holes, the shorter Par 4s have tricked up / guarded greens, a couple difficult par 5s, lots of ravines and water on the front 9, and an easier back 9 with a pretty attractive finishing hole. I had a great time.

Avery Ranch, just North of 620 off Parmer Ln. Almost Round Rock, really. I liked the course. If you play the tips it's pretty long -- I played blues :). Some great risk-reward holes, the shorter Par 4s have tricked up / guarded greens, a couple difficult par 5s, lots of ravines and water on the front 9, and an easier back 9 with a pretty attractive finishing hole. I had a great time.

Yep. I've played there. A really fun course.

Welcome, WSE. I used to be in D.C., but those were my pre-golf days. Exciting place to be right now!

Welcome aboard, I think you will like it here.

Best Place on the Net, period!

Dont worry, Dent will have a huge presence once golf season kicks off for him. lol

He needs to study!

Back