What coffee are you drinking?

Joe Tall, Dark and Handsome.

Colombian supremo single origin from fresh market

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Picked up a Jamaican Blue Mountain from Starbucks Reserve today on my free drink. Sweet mother of god what a cup of coffee.

Lavazza Gran Selezione dark roast - it is as advertised, "intense et chocolate"

Hotel Starbucks blah blah blah

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

the free kind at work, not the best, but can't beat free

Tanzanian pea berry

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Community Coffee Pecan Praline

Living in the west my entire life I'd never experienced Community Coffee with Chicory. We were introduced to it by some friends that were visiting from Louisiana. Duuuude. It may not be a big deal to several, here, but GOTDAMN that is a good cup of coffee, to me. My wife has hardly drank anything else, since. She gets a new shipment every month.

Community Coffee Pecan Praline

I didn't even see this before I posted. I'll have the wife put some of this on her next order.

Ever since they put a drive-thru Starbucks between my home and work, I've been trapped into getting a Grande Pike Roast Black every morning. I never thought I'd be one to be obsessed with Starbucks but I can't get enough of the stuff....

For you Disney fans They have a French Roast that the serve at the Carnation Cafe that is devine. We actually asked for the chef to come to our table to find out what it was. He said that it was a company called Joffrey (I believe Maybe the spelling only has one F). He saw us getting up to leave and slipped a pouch to my wife to put in her purse. Come to find out later that the Chef's name was Oscar. At the time he was the longest tenured employee at Disneyland. He retired within the past couple of years but he had a bit of a cult following among some the Disney fanatics. I know "Cool story, bro". LOL

nothing fancy--just Starbucks Pike Place

Dean & DeLuca Southern Pecan
b94fcbe2d05630bf86b6cd78f066a95e.jpg

due to being economical... Eight O'clock Central Highlands (for the price at Publixs on BoGo it cant be beat).....

Breville One Grind coffee pot (14oz, strength 8).

Guatemala El Injerto Bourbon by Stumptown Coffee Roasters. Roasted 11 days ago. Just finishing it. Superb.

Black Sumatra from Prestis in Little Italy

Diet Mt Dew

So it seems we have a lot of coffee drinkers and a roaster or two in or mix, but how do you do your actual preparation? I'm a bit of a coffee fanatic and am always looking for the best cup I can get (for my mood/bean choice) and that's led me to a few different methods. My current go-to setups are…

Grinder
Hario Mini Mill Slim Hand GrinderBaratza Encore

Heat
Bonavita Variable Temperature Electric Gooseneck Kettle

Extraction Methods
AeroPress
Kalita Wave 155 Pour Over
Bodum French Press

10890763_776938102391797_1223808884_n.jpg

I think you and I need to have a chat. I have a Keurig, but WANT to be a coffee fanatic. I am currently a tea fanatic, and did some research but have been terrified of pulling the trigger. I tend to lean more toward Light and Medium roasts. I may lean on your expertise here to make a purchase. I'm going to look into the items/methods you listed. Now i'm intrigued. Also! THANK YOU for tagging the Jumping Trout post from JB in 2015. After looking at the site and reading reviews, i'm about to buy a few bags today. Pretty exciting stuff.

Black Rifle Coffee Company coffee.

BRCC is awesome and for a great cause. Side note, your signature/quote is literally the epitome of my golf addiction. I was talking about this with a buddy last weekend. That one shot keeps you hooked!

Thanks!

I drink the same thing every morning. Starbucks 4 shots espresso, 2 pumps vanilla, 1/2 cup of ice - in a venti cup.

I'll be the first to admit, it's not the best coffee, but I have stuck with it all these years because no matter where I find myself in the world, I know I can get the exact same drink day in and day out.

I don't know how it took me this long to realize that black coffee actually tastes better than coffee filled with cream and sugar. I used to like a little coffee with my cream and sugar, now I much prefer it black.

Back