The Car Shopping Thread

I'm not sure why they still make white lettered tires

I loved how they looked on my white tundra .

Shoulda told them to flip them when you bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White letters look great on the right vehicle.

White letters look great on the right vehicle.

White maybe the only vehicle color that it looks good on, white walls look good on a caddy with the right rims. Unless it's an older car the white walls and letters just looks dated with today's sportier looking rides

They're gonna flip them when it goes back in for its protective coating.

They're gonna flip them when it goes back in for its protective coating.
That's a badass truck right there. And I kind of like the white letters out. Ha.

Thank you sir. We like it. Trying to decide whether to stay stock or throw a flowmaster on it.

Gorgeous truck clayrhye! I was drooling over one I saw out on the road today

Wouldn't waste my money on anything other than blizzaks.

Bridgestone is so far superior to anyone else.

I used to use only Blizzaks as well until I did some research last year and found Nokian. I put their Hakkapelita R2s on my car and they've been better than the last two sets of Blizzaks I had. According to a number of professional reviews, they're more durable than Blizzaks as well.

Nokian Haks are superb. We drive through some seriously bad Mountain passes a few times each year and with those tires on I feel so stable and safe.

Wouldn't waste my money on anything other than blizzaks.

Bridgestone is so far superior to anyone else.

Of the 3 brands I've owned with winter tires, the Blizzaks take last for me. Don't take me wrong, they were good tires and I'd be fine running them every year if that's all there was. They didn't hold a candle to my Nitto winter tires though and this year's purchase of Hankook has been super pleasing.

The Hankook are slightly different though since they are more performance winter tires than straight winter tires. They handle better at freeway speeds and are quiet as can be. I also got the entire set for $400 from my connection. Blizzaks were $750. No brainer for me.

Nitto.....

Ok. Well just have to agree to disagree.

Nitto have been consistently the worst tires I have ever owned .

Tried grapplers and a winter tire I can't recall and they were both awful.

Nitto.....

Ok. Well just have to agree to disagree.

Nitto have been consistently the worst tires I have ever owned .

Tried grapplers and a winter tire I can't recall and they were both awful.

Which grapplers? The terras are excellent all terrains , the muds are crap on the road but some I father best available off road, the trails are basically toyo mts which are widely considered the best. The Dunes are junk I will give you that.

Which grapplers? The terras are excellent all terrains , the muds are crap on the road but some I father best available off road, the trails are basically toyo mts which are widely considered the best. The Dunes are junk I will give you that.

Hey were terra grapplers and they were not excellent .

They were awful .

I am a blizzak guy myself but have tried many others. One thing I have found is that winter tires don't react the same on every vehicle. I've driven cars with blizzaks that I thought handled the snow like crap and that same car with firestone winterforce tires and it was amazing. The sizing of the winter tire has a lot to do with it and companies slightly change the tread design based on how wide the tire is which can effect how it reacts on one car vs another.

Hey were terra grapplers and they were not excellent .

They were awful .

What were your complaints? I haven't had them, but they are everywhere here. As pretty good balance of off road ability with some decent manors on the road.

What were your complaints? I haven't had them, but they are everywhere here. As pretty good balance of off road ability with some decent manors on the road.

Loud and very poor wet weather traction, especially in the snow.

I thought bfg t/a KO were loud until I wore a set of these in. The vehicle was also in perfect alignment.

I'd run a dueler revo or hell even a hankook dyna pro atm any day over these.

Even a Dunlop radial rover.

I thought bfg t/a KO were loud until I wore a set of these in. The vehicle was also in perfect alignment.

Wet weather traction was my biggest complaint with the Terra's I had as well. Very poor. (Mine were 295/65/20 basically 35s)

Wet weather traction was my biggest complaint with the Terra's I had as well. Very poor. (Mine were 295/65/20 basically 35s)

I guess I just would expect that out of the tire, they are on the aggressive side of all terrains. When I've driven them I have thought they were better in the rain than KOs, and no louder once the KOs are broke in. I certainly can't comment on the snow.

The revos are much better in those regards, almost Street tire like, but not comparable off road from what I've heard, never had them on anything but a dirt road.

In my humble opinion, having owned them both, I'd take the at KO anyday.

In my humble opinion, having owned them both, I'd take the at KO anyday.
I've had KOs, and they are solid until they hit a lick of mud. Then you might as well have drag slicks. Pack up so fast. They are way long in the tooth at this point. The ko2s certainly look interesting.

I know I sound like a fan boy, but I don't even love the terras. I just think they have proven themselves to be more than solid. The biggest downside is how many ugly trucks have them.

The Car Shopping Thread

I guess it varies what you consider important .

I don't go mudding so I'd rather have something that performs well in the rain/snow and a little bit of gravel / dirt roads.

If I'm going mudding I'll find an MT tire.

I've had KOs, and they are solid until they hit a lick of mud. Then you might as well have drag slicks. Pack up so fast. They are way long in the tooth at this point. The ko2s certainly look interesting.

I know I sound like a fan boy, but I don't even love the terras. I just think they have proven themselves to be more than solid. The biggest downside is how many ugly trucks have them.

Agreed. I'm admittedly a BFG guy, but the at km2s are the best all around when mud/at is in the picture. I've had two sets. Best mannered mud tires (although pricey) I've had.

The new KO2s will likely go on my new truck when the stickers piss me off.

What are these winter tire things you speak of?

I run Cooper Zeon LTZ on my truck for all-season and they are all show-no go.
Once they wear a bit they get noisy and they aren't anything special in the rain.

Back