Status
Not open for further replies.
cb51546eb7009d2868c9d3c56d027532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not condoning any of the stuff he's pulled, but good for him if he really is getting sober. Again, not an excuse, but alcohol can affect people and their judgement in very different ways, so good for him for (hopefully) realizing it was a problem and addressing it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not condoning any of the stuff he's pulled, but good for him if he really is getting sober. Again, not an excuse, but alcohol can affect people and their judgement in very different ways, so good for him for (hopefully) realizing it was a problem and addressing it.

Its always an interesting parallel sitting outside and looking in. Tiger has a drug problem, found in a car looking like the devil made him do it, endangering the lives of drivers and it's a completely different story about a bad reaction to a pill and/or finally rock bottom he will get clean. The NFL player not on one's favorite team and its the ole "disgusting face of a franchise".

No real opinion here, but just an interesting parallel. I hope he finds what he is looking for, because a really smart QB with top notch talent.

Its always an interesting parallel sitting outside and looking in. Tiger has a drug problem, found in a car looking like the devil made him do it, endangering the lives of drivers and it's a completely different story about a bad reaction to a pill and/or finally rock bottom he will get clean. The NFL player not on one's favorite team and its the ole "disgusting face of a franchise".

No real opinion here, but just an interesting parallel. I hope he finds what he is looking for, because a really smart QB with top notch talent.
What Tiger did was completely irresponsible and terrible, but people still make jokes about that night. What Jameis did was completely irresponsible and terrible, groping a female and admitting it is a bad look. The parallel is both made awful decisions and are getting knocked for it.

Luckily he isn't on my favorite time, but knowing people who have season tickets and they voice the displeasure with Jameis' actions to the point where they are regretting the renewal of season tickets speaks for itself, and if it's just 3 people who have said this, how many hundreds more could it be? Time will tell.

I also hope he learns because his next strike he is done. Talented QB. Smart QB though? Lots of turnovers which his coach has acknowledged and a terrible deep ball.

Maybe Jameis becoming a father changes his life. Sort of like Dustin Johnson if we are to stay on the golf theme of skeletons in the closet.

Hahah go read the thread when Tiger was pulled over. It was far from jokes.

And yes. Smart QB.

Not really pertaining to that thread specifically. But I've seen jokes on here about his regretful moment(s), including the one being asleep at the wheel. Neither here nor there, fair game if people want to make jokes about others since it has nothing to do with me.

Another one with terrible and quite frankly worse decisions than Jameis, Big Ben, also not on my favorite team, but was a black eye to the organization and a disgusting face of the franchise.

Became a father and it has changed his life. Hope Jameis does the same. Short leash needless to say. Hope this was his wakeup call.

What Tiger did was completely irresponsible and terrible, but people still make jokes about that night. What Jameis did was completely irresponsible and terrible, groping a female and admitting it is a bad look. The parallel is both made awful decisions and are getting knocked for it.

Luckily he isn't on my favorite time, but knowing people who have season tickets and they voice the displeasure with Jameis' actions to the point where they are regretting the renewal of season tickets speaks for itself, and if it's just 3 people who have said this, how many hundreds more could it be? Time will tell.

I also hope he learns because his next strike he is done. Talented QB. Smart QB though? Lots of turnovers which his coach has acknowledged and a terrible deep ball.

Maybe Jameis becoming a father changes his life. Sort of like Dustin Johnson if we are to stay on the golf theme of skeletons in the closet.

Wonderlic says he is above average!

I would agree that he is an above average QB. He is talented, flashes of brilliance. But some awful decision making as well. Young though.

It's a well known fact I've been critical if him in the past, and we will wait until more of the facts come out, but it appears he is the giant POS he was thought to be.

I fo believe he could have done something stupid after drinking, many have done that. But then when it came out he denied it, made up a false narrative. If he was also lying to the Bucs about it all of this time I don't know how you keep him on the team.

It's also worth noting thar Ronald Darby, the guy who backed his narrative of that night, was also there the night of the incident leading to the previous allegations.

Being a psychologist and personally having taken the Wonderlic myself I can honestly say it's a horrible test. The test has less than desirable validity and reliability statistically speaking. I wish the NFL would use another measure or I'd love to see some follow up studies showing me (nay PROVING to me) that a high test score will correlate to a Hall of Fame career.

Being a psychologist and personally having taken the Wonderlic myself I can honestly say it's a horrible test. The test has less than desirable validity and reliability statistically speaking. I wish the NFL would use another measure or I'd love to see some follow up studies showing me (nay PROVING to me) that a high test score will correlate to a Hall of Fame career.
I hope you got my sarcasm. You are absolutely correct in your statement. It's a dumb test.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I hope you got my sarcasm. You are absolutely correct in your statement. It's a dumb test.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm so horrible at picking up sarcasm through text hahaha sorry man!! I just always bring Fitzpatrick's perfect score whenever someone brings up the test and that's all it takes to debunk how great that test is. I have some ideas for a better test, maybe I'll reach out to my Raiders one day about it hahaha

So you destroy a phone and get 4 games, grope a women and get 3 games....

Yeah the NFL has its priorities in line. This guy should be done. But precedence has been set with all the class act that have assaulted women in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah the NFL has its priorities in line. This guy should be done. But precedence has been set with all the class act that have assaulted women in the past.

Or do nothing according to the police and play for the Cowboys and get 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's how it works everywhere, you cooperate with the investigation and come to a settlement you typically get a little bit better deal. You fight them and destroy evidence, you likely don't. Jameis worked a deal for 3 games or it would likely have been more, hence their is no appeal.

Saw this on twitter;

Former kicker Josh Brown 1 game for abusing his wife
Jameis Squintson 3 games for sexually assaulting an Uber driver
Tom Brady 4 games for deflated footballs
Martavis Bryant 16 games for Marijuana!! (Repeat offender)

Fidel Goodell really has his priorities straight.

Go Browns! Great time to step up and start moving forward. They will be better and will this take all the attention away from Lebron leaving because Cleveland is a football town. Always has been. Always will be

Training camp month!!!! To say I am excited would be an understatement. We are going to stink, but there is nothing better than Colts football.

So, how many here love watching Hard Knocks? Last year, with TB you could see Winston was going to have trouble all season.

This year with Cleveland on the docket, we should get some very interesting episodes. Josh Gordon is a specimen and I am sure HBO will have a lot of time dedicated to his fall from grace and come back to the NFL. Then you have Baker Mayfield and his cocky attitude. Should make a great show for sure. Plus, for the first time, Cleveland should be fantasy football relevant. Still, think coach Jackson is one of the worst in the NFL, and he will find ways to lose games. However, the season should be very fun to watch.

I normally don't get too excited prior to the season but the Panthers are going to be pretty good.
New Owner
New OC
New, faster weapons for Cam to throw to and CJ Anderson was the perfect power back to offset McCaffrey
Luke anchors a very good defense.
Solid coach who is highly undervalued but humble.

I normally don't get too excited prior to the season but the Panthers are going to be pretty good.
New Owner
New OC
New, faster weapons for Cam to throw to and CJ Anderson was the perfect power back to offset McCaffrey

9-7 looks right

New Owner
New OC

I agree 9-7 seems best for this team. I just don't see anything out of Cam to say he is an elite winning QB. There is no question, Cam might be the most talented QB in the league. He has an amazing skill set that other QB's dream of having. He will have great games for sure. But, he will always turtle up and be that baby when things don't go his way. He isn't a Superbowl winning QB. That is unless the defense or running game wins for him.

Supplemental draft is today... we are getting closer and closer to the best time in sports!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back