2018-2019 College Basketball Season

Mechanism of injury doesn't suggest ACL or MCL. He reached for the back of his knee, suggests injury to the tendons that connect the hamstring to possibly the PCL.

I like when folks much smarter than me weigh in. Thx for the insight!!

Hope the kid is okay. Was definitely tuning into this game in big part to see him perform on the big stage.

Not the best look for Nike if one of the most exciting prospects in years tears up his knee because he shoe exploded...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OK, after watching the replay a few more times, he did have some stress on the medial (aka inner) area of the knee, where the MCL is located. If it's an MCL sprain, it depends on the severity of the strain to determine when he can return this year.

Duke looks 100% like a team that has no idea what to do against a well-coached and experienced team. No energy whatsoever right now.

Crazy how fast the landscape can change. A few nights ago, Duke was considered the favorite to win it all and Kentucky was considered a contender. In back to back nights, Kentucky loses Reid Travis and Duke loses Zion to knee sprains. Both very important to their teams success. Praying for these kids that their injuries not be severe and they can resume their careers.

Duke looks 100% like a team that has no idea what to do against a well-coached and experienced team. No energy whatsoever right now.

That was my big take away, the experience of NC took over and you could see it.

Crazy how fast the landscape can change. A few nights ago, Duke was considered the favorite to win it all and Kentucky was considered a contender. In back to back nights, Kentucky loses Reid Travis and Duke loses Zion to knee sprains. Both very important to their teams success. Praying for these kids that their injuries not be severe and they can resume their careers.

Hopefully both teams will get their players back and be 100% for the tourney. Would be a shame to not be able to see top players in the Madness.

I am a Carolina fan and was actually looking forward to watching Zion play last night (and was fully expecting him and Duke to dominate). I hope that it is a minor injury.

Hopefully both teams will get their players back and be 100% for the tourney. Would be a shame to not be able to see top players in the Madness.

I don't know if any updates on Zion have been issued, but Kentucky said that Travis had a knee sprain with no internal damage. Expect him out up to 2 weeks. That's great news. Hope for the same on Zion.

What is the backlash for Nike, i mean the shoe exploded after a pretty simple plant and turn... not a good look

What is the backlash for Nike, i mean the shoe exploded after a pretty simple plant and turn... not a good look

Could be huge!!!! They where getting blasted last night on Twitter almost immediately. Could just be an isolated incident, but it still doesn't look good when you would want that same guy repping your brand.

Not that it should matter, but it definitely doesn't help that it's the most talked about player since LeBron coming out of High School. It's already bad,
but will be really bad should he be severely injured.

1, 6, 13, 17, and 18 all go down last night.

Duke averages almost 87 PPG, but has only 3 players scoring in double-figures for the year. If one of them is out, who else is scoring?

Duke averages almost 87 PPG, but has only 3 players scoring in double-figures for the year. If one of them is out, who else is scoring?

Tre Jones will definitely have to pick up his scoring. They really don't have any big men and I think that hurts them as well. Gonna rely on the 3 even more.

Prayers for the victim and for Coach Boheim. Sad accident.

Duke has a roster full of Mc Donalds All-Americans. Yes Zion is very special but it is always next man up. You dont replace all of the scoring but you offset it with great defense and hustle. Duke laid down last night.And that was in front of their fellow students who lived in tents for weeks for the chance to watch that performance. Heck UNC didnt even play its A game. Just had open lanes to the rim all night.

Prayers for the victim and for Coach Boheim. Sad accident.

Duke has a roster full of Mc Donalds All-Americans. Yes Zion is very special but it is always next man up. You dont replace all of the scoring but you offset it with great defense and hustle. Duke laid down last night.And that was in front of their fellow students who lived in tents for weeks for the chance to watch that performance. Heck UNC didnt even play its A game. Just had open lanes to the rim all night.

Worst defensive performance by a Duke team against Carolina I have ever seen. That was shocking to me.

Worst defensive performance by a Duke team against Carolina I have ever seen. That was shocking to me.

As easy as they got to the rim and as poorly as they were shooting threes, I'm surprised K didn't go zone and park Bolden in the lane. Even Vrankovic, for that matter, just to use his 5 fouls.

I think the worst I've seen, maybe individually, was the year Jamison scored 35 while touching the ball for a grand total of 53 seconds. They blew Duke out twice in that game.

Light action tonight:

Indiana at (21) Iowa
Davidson at Rhode Island
Cornell at Princeton

Saturday has a load of good ones.

ACC Moving Day, with the top 3 taking on the second tier teams:
(1) Duke (11-2) at Syracuse (9-4) -- Williamson will not play. Boeheim involved in a fatal accident. 36,000+ in the dome? Strange dynamic.
(3) Virginia (11-2) at (18) Louisville (9-5)
(16) Florida State (9-4) at (8) North Carolina (11-2)
(20) Virginia Tech (9-5) at Notre Dame (3-10)
Boston College (4-9) at Clemson (5-8) - both better than their records would indicate; Clemson needs wins.

(5) Tennessee (12-1) at (13) LSU (11-2) - for 1st place
Auburn (7-6) at (4) Kentucky (11-2) - not what we expected in December.
South Carolina (9-4) at Mississippi State (7-6)

(12) Kansas at (14) Texas Tech - both (9-4) in the Big 12, a game behind K-State

Seton Hall at St. John's

Harvard (6-2) at Yale (7-1) - for 1st in the Ivy.

Fresno State (10-4) at (6) Nevada (11-2)
Utah State (11-3) at Boise State (6-7) - USU just lingering a game behind Nevada now, with a home game next weekend with the Wolf Pack.

Wofford (15-0 Southern) at Furman (11-4) -- can the Terriers climb into the field as an at-large?

BYU at (2) Gonzaga

Last edited:
Louisville is 10-16 from three, 1-9 from two, and leads Virginia by 10, 37-27, at the half.

The Cards were 6-28 from three and shot 26% overall on the way to 49 pts the last time out at Syracuse.

Louisville is 10-16 from three, 1-9 from two, and leads Virginia by 10, 37-27, at the half.

The Cards were 6-28 from three and shot 26% overall on the way to 49 pts the last time out at Syracuse.

Kentucky fan, who lives in Louisville point of view...

UL is a totally different team when they play at home!! Crowd energizes them I guess. Now lets see if they can hang on.

On the other hand, I'm never really sold on UVA.

Louisville is starting to do what they did in the Duke game - long shot early in the possession or a bad turnover.

Hoos are within 5 now with the ball.

As for the Yum Center, I cannot stand the PA announcer's annoying style.

Of course the whole world knows about Zions knee sprain. Kentucky big Reid Travis has the same injury and will sit today. Very concerned against Auburn. Nick Richards seem like he is confused based on some pregame comments. Great talent but need to just play his game.

Back