The Official 2019 MLB Thread

The Official 2019 MLB Thread

You mean whether or not to lay down a bunt or watch three strikes go by?

Ha ha ha. The 8th hitter getting worse pitches to hit and having to manage the AB - better to take the walk or expand the strike zone to try to get a hit. Double switches. Managers having to decide to waste a bench player by hitting for the P or letting the P go another inning. The more sophisticated managing of the bullpen. And yes, small ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate the 3 batter rule. I would like to see less changes, but that is way overboard. Maybe saying if you pull your starter prior to the 7th inning the remaining pitches must average 3 batters?

I hate seeing 5 guys handle the 8-9th innings, but this seems like an over reaction.

I didn’t realize the increase was from 25 to 26. Now I agree with your original thought, who cares? And why limit the September call-ups at all? For a team like the Mets, seeing what we may have in the pipeline is the highlight of our season!
I think the reason is competitive balance. Teams that are out of it in September would be unlikely to field a 40 man roster and have to pay 15 more guys league min (570k) for the call up. I think last year the Padres fielded 26 in September because of this. Meanwhile, other teams have 12, 13 guys out of the pen alone. If they really wanted a change I'd say bring the rosters to 35 but they field no more than 25 active players per game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Realmuto to Phillies

One of the winter’s biggest storylines has finally drawn to a close, as the Phillies and Marlins have agreed to a deal that will send star catcher J.T. Realmuto to Philadelphia, according to Jim Bowden of The Athletic (Twitter links). A four-player package will go to Miami in return, headlined by young backstop Jorge Alfaro and top pitching prospect Sixto Sanchez. Southpaw Will Stewart is one of the other pieces in the deal. The Marlins also acquire an international signing slot worth $250K, per ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan and the New York Post’s Joel Sherman (Twitter links).

Lindro out 7-9 weeks with a right calf strain, stupid spring training

Is anyone making predictions yet?

Who wins the ALC this year? lol

A guy I occasionally work with (who played ball at a fairly high level apparently) thinks the White Sox will win the ALC this year.

A guy I occasionally work with (who played ball at a fairly high level apparently) thinks the White Sox will win the ALC this year.
Sure. I will predict that the Red Sox end their season with another celebratory parade complete with duck boats.

Will feel better about my prediction if I knew who would be closing games for them. Haha

Red Sox !!! No question about it

Red Sox !!! No question about it

cadeebb6377ddac84217c8d35ac7be4b.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Who you got?

As a Rays fan I would love to see the Red Sox win the Central, still seems unlikely.

White Sox reportedly offered Machado 8 years and $250M..thats crazy

Breaking: Kyler Murray announced on Twitter that he is "firmly and fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback."

Sorry, A's. Your first round pick essentially just gave you the middle finger.

Breaking: Kyler Murray announced on Twitter that he is "firmly and fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback."

Sorry, A's. Your first round pick essentially just gave you the middle finger.

and now lets start the debate on if he made the right call...

and now lets start the debate on if he made the right call...
Guaranteed money. It's hard to argue that aspect. And you could spend your entire career in the minors.

Guaranteed money. It's hard to argue that aspect. And you could spend your entire career in the minors.

Guaranteed money either way. It's the right move though. Can always fall back and try baseball.... the other way around just won't work.

Guaranteed money either way. It's the right move though. Can always fall back and try baseball.... the other way around just won't work.
But football, at least with what the As have committed to, offers more. He's an outstanding athlete and all, I think it'll be a great discussion to be had in 10-15 years to see if he made the right choice.

But football, at least with what the As have committed to, offers more. He's an outstanding athlete and all, I think it'll be a great discussion to be had in 10-15 years to see if he made the right choice.

Yah I was just stating it was guaranteed money either way. And also that discussion will be had in 2-3 years more than likely because it doesn't take long to find out if you can stick as an NFL QB

Sergio Romo reported to be in talks with the Jays. Loved his stuff as a Giant . We need depth pitching

Machado going to the White Sox sounds about right. Maybe the trashiest stadium/area (South Chicago) in the entire MLB, so he'll fit in there. lol

Unfortunately that means I will have to see him around 20 times a year though being in the ALC.

Twins are a allegedly looking at Harper and Kimbrel.

Red Sox pitchers and catchers in camp today!

Back