Ben Hogan Precision Milled Putters

Signed up for testing and really hoping to be selected. Really love everything about the looks of the BHB03 flow neck and am a diehard Hogan homer and have been for most of my golfing life.

Sox_Fan I'll double your chances. If selected I'd review and then pass it forward. 2 x almost 0 still approaches 0, but this post will hold me accountable. (As much as, anything on the internet not requiring cc# can anyways.)
We both picked up on the same one anyways, you'd just have to choke down and lean on the putter a bit...

Sox_Fan I'll double your chances. If selected I'd review and then pass it forward. 2 x almost 0 still approaches 0, but this post will hold me accountable. (As much as, anything on the internet not requiring cc# can anyways.)
We both picked up on the same one anyways, you'd just have to choke down and lean on the putter a bit...
Deal! And I would do the same. I have a saw and extensions so the length issue either way is a non-factor.

I really like the look of these, from the milling to the finish color to the paint fill, these putters just look really nice. I am wondering what they're hoping to gain from getting into the putter market. I don't associate Ben Hogan (the brand or the man) with putters. They're much more expensive than the budget milled area Cleveland and Wilson Staff run in, while not boasting the tech for price that Odyssey and TaylorMade make their stock in trade. To a certain extent it's why I want to test them. I'm really interested to see if there's something I'm totally missing about the decision, at this point, to roll out putters, particularly at this price point.

Nice looking putters and the face milling and forged 1025 carbon should provide a great feel. I was tempted by the BHM01 mallet because of how it frames the ball. However, I submitted an entry to test the BHB03 because it has the same shape and neck style as the putter I'm currently gaming.

Looking forward to hearing (hopefully providing) feedback on these putters.

@DufferToo,

No pool party or orgy for entries over here. Sox_Fan would be enough, Lol. I just respect his eye for the brand. Good luck!

After rolling some putts yesterday at Edwin watts, I think the $250 price mark is in a good spot. Except for the season leftovers of toulons sitting at $250(?), all the milled putters were at least $350.

The stroke labs were $250 and some seemores were also in the same price bracket. Below was only Wilson and Cleveland putters.

Ping (!) Vault putters are higher than this price point and the new sigmas are the same price. Taylormade was significantly more.

If these putters are shopped against other milled putters they look favorable, stroke lab and ping sigma is the different story but I'm not sure if it's the same market besides price. If these came in under $200 they would have been under all the major brands with a milled putter, something tells me the margin isnt quite there. I think $250 seems quite reasonable after looking at the state putter market is in.

On a side note, it definitely feels like putter went up significantly this past year. Spiders are more expensive, odyssey killed there white hot line so there inexpensive putter is now $250! Even the budget pings have significantly crested the $200 mark.

Alright, I was lucky enough to be selected to test out the BHM01, which is the mallet single bend putter. I went with the SuperStroke Flatso 1.0 grip, 1" short to 34", standard lie. Can't wait to get it in hand!

I went with the Mallet because I've always played blade style putters, so I figured let's try something new. I've always been intrigued by the mallet putters, but can't get past the looks of most of the modern ones. This has a classic design, and the DBM finish looks great. I've long thought about getting a SuperStroke grip, so I'm really excited that Ben Hogan partnered with them on this release as well.

This will be my first brand new putter, as I've always played 2nd hand. That alone gets me excited. Hoping the weather cooperates so that I can get this outside once it arrives!

I too was selected to test the BHB02. I went 34" and standard lie angle with a SuperStroke slim 3.0 grip. I am really excited to see this when it arrives. I have been using a B60 for 20 years now. It was even the same one till this winter when I bought a copper finished one just cause it looked prettier LOL! Anyway the BHB02 is for golfers with a strait back and strait through stroke. That's my style so I should match the design. I have never used a milled putter so I am pretty excited about this. Also given the steel billet used to make these putters was forged instead of cast it should be really soft feeling which will be great. A big concern for me is making sure the alignment is easy to see and long enough to be useful. I am excited to get this in my hand!!

I'll be following along your review. The BHB02 is the putter I would pick, super interested in the reaction to these putters.

Better pics later, but for now, look what showed up...

5d001a54054fee1d59684d927cc30b69.jpg

9869fac2bf643652331bcbf21ee1dd5d.jpg

0f1dfb96b8ea37f257ddee4cba7c6ce1.jpg

167fc448e1a39d7ce6ea6c7b4311d34c.jpg

389c95b28da7529a85f1fda8e9da6cdf.jpg

6b6e56039e07964be17f52a30eb447f6.jpg

6032f77dbc8381f6c19f482b3df50279.jpg

93546bbba7b8e62cde6bb7ca2e52bd2a.jpg

That's really clean. I could definitely see something like that in my bag.

Great looking putter.

Can't wait to read the testers reviews because I am a huge fan of the look of this putter.

I rolled it when I could last night, I’m trying to gather my thoughts while the others receive their putters.

Feel wise it’s where I expected given the aggressive milling used, dense enough, but a low tone click at impact which should please most milled putter users.

I will say, the finish isn’t what I expected, nor are some of the lines on the putter. For the 250 price point, I was thinking we might see a little more polish to it all, but I’m waiting to get it outside and on the course before getting too gate into that.

Weight and balance is as expected from an answer style blade, easy to get right, yes, but critical to get right too. Through the stroke it’s pleasing, no extra effort needed.

Headcover leaves something to be desired for me quality wise, but I’m admittedly a little spoiled there right now. I’d put it in line with Odyssey covers quality wise, not top notch, but good enough. But, it looks so stinking classic and awesome, love the looks.

Really looking forward to the feedback on this line. If positive, and I really hope it is, already have a plan in place on what to move to raise the money to get a BHB03 and a few other BHG goodies.

I love the headcover. Simple and clean, is also like that BH logo. Can't wait to see my BHB02 here soon.

I rolled it when I could last night, I’m trying to gather my thoughts while the others receive their putters.

Feel wise it’s where I expected given the aggressive milling used, dense enough, but a low tone click at impact which should please most milled putter users.

I will say, the finish isn’t what I expected, nor are some of the lines on the putter. For the 250 price point, I was thinking we might see a little more polish to it all, but I’m waiting to get it outside and on the course before getting too gate into that.

Weight and balance is as expected from an answer style blade, easy to get right, yes, but critical to get right too. Through the stroke it’s pleasing, no extra effort needed.

Headcover leaves something to be desired for me quality wise, but I’m admittedly a little spoiled there right now. I’d put it in line with Odyssey covers quality wise, not top notch, but good enough. But, it looks so stinking classic and awesome, love the looks.

Mine will be here today. Are we going to be posting our thoughts in this thread?

That thing looks quality!

Something showed up today!

8039f3fcc86432f459b330dd8cf75679.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Heading back to work. Will type out initial thought later this afternoon.

A little teaser...

eae318d20c2ddf08761b0f9693734e12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mine will be here today. Are we going to be posting our thoughts in this thread?

How did you know when yours was arriving?

How did you know when yours was arriving?

UPS My Choice. I get notified whenever UPS has a scheduled delivery to my home address. When making lots of golf purchases after my wife starts questioning the amount of golf purchases, having a heads up when something is inbound is key. :act-up:

I got a different sort of notification....I saw a box on my porch!!!!

First impression is that this looks very well made. The weight is nice and it has a nice heft to it. I live on a course so I will go out tonight and get some testing done!!!
3e4d5136185257712034d320e205d7b9.jpg
2ab6726ea67c17cb09cc8b8b7c928327.jpg
f9ab16eb1b1a7f887b548a3516ef64f9.jpg
d3d2613848760a457d4390bbdcd5d4b9.jpg
4a286d1fb797d8a3d49fb9655b327dd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ohio must be just too far away. The UPS man came and went without dropping off a putter. Until tomorrow!

Back