Callaway Rogue Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Along with the metal woods and irons, the Callaway Rogue lineup features hybrids both the Rogue and Rogue X hybrids are coming and each has Jailbreak Technology. Callaway is calling it the most powerful hybrid they have ever created and a number of THPers already have them in their bag and this thread should have lots of reviews coming soon.

Looking forward to hearing the in hand thoughts on these, as well as seeing all the pretty pretty pictures.

Will be curious to hear reviewer's thoughts if there was a big leap in performance vs. their gamers.

Will be curious to hear reviewer's thoughts if there was a big leap in performance vs. their gamers.

So im a hybrid hater, and its been quite awhile since I had one in my bag. I almost bought a Apex hybrid throughout the year, but just never pulled the trigger. So in most sets I took irons down to 4I and then had a utility or a 7 wood.

So I was open to whatever for this event. Well due to low spin with my 5I during the fitting, we tried the hybrids out. And for a larger (distance type shaped hybrid), I really made some sold contact not only during the fitting but during the event as well.

I ended up with the 4H and 5H, and while I have 0 idea how far I hit them and how they will do for gapping with my irons and then heavenwood, I do enjoy how easy the ball gets in the air with these (a struggle of mine) and they appear to get expected distance with them as well.

Interested in the difference between the two models.

Still gaming the X2Hot 3 and 4 hybrids. Really interested in the thoughts on this line.

Callaway Rogue Hybrids

I have one in for review. Will add more pics when i get to work this morning. Will use this as a placeholder until then.

80b9a73e337d41a4c7d273a3c1303989.jpg

So what are the major differences between standard and x model? I’m looking at a 3h and wondering if the easier launching model may be a nice fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what are the major differences between standard and x model? I’m looking at a 3h and wondering if the easier launching model may be a nice fit

The standard model is a little more compact while the X is larger and more forgiving, and if I recall the loft options available are different as well (there wasnt a ton of chatter on the X line)

The X part of the lineup could be viewed as extreme distance. Both the irons and hybrids are high launching rocket launchers honestly. They have some size to them and a bit more offset (not too much in comparison).

The standard model is a little more compact while the X is larger and more forgiving, and if I recall the loft options available are different as well (there wasnt a ton of chatter on the X line)

Sounds like the standard is plenty forgiving. I’m a low spin(swing fault) player, so sounds like it’s a safe option. Thanks for the quick response!

Sounds like the standard is plenty forgiving. I’m a low spin(swing fault) player, so sounds like it’s a safe option. Thanks for the quick response!

Yup, standard was just fine for us low spinners

I have one in for review. Will add more pics when i get to work this morning. Will use this as a placeholder until then.

Dean! That is a great picture man. I want to put one of these up against my beloved 815. Can't wait to hear how you get along with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback.....do you find they have any tendencies to go left, right or straight? I naturally draw the ball and I find with my 2017 M2 Hybrid that I have to focus and adjust in order to hit it straight, it wants to draw like crazy. Forget about hitting a cut. I'm not sure if the M2 has a draw bias to it but I bought it on a whim for a relatively good price and so far I am not too happy. I want a 3 hybrid that I can line up straight to the target and swing easy and it goes straight or have a slight draw not a hook. Look forward to your thoughts. Thank you.

Call me interested. I was wondering if they were doing hybrids also along with the driver and woods. Maybe I just need to pay a little more attention and I probably would have known this answer. Looking forward to hearing some reviews on these.

Callaway Rogue Hybrids

After I was fit for my irons at the ECPC, the last club I got fitted for was the Hybrid.
The fitter and I agreed that we would go to a 6i in my iron set, so we needed a Hybrid between the 6i and HVWD.
So I started to hit a couple of Rouge 5h and just crushed them - It was an easy fit. I honestly don't remember hearing about or seeing the Rouge X hybrid.
As I've said before, I wish I could have bottled that swing I had at the ECPC - I was in a "Zone"

On the course, I have to be honest, I struggled with this club. I'm much more used to a "Fairway Wood" look to a hybrid and the Rouge is such a difference from that.
I just learned that I had to swing easier, ensure good contact and away I went.

Here is a couple of photos of the Rouge 5h next to my EX9 4h:

beff49d8271755eedd12e0e5120e2914.jpg

b4e26b98a52a9c92b76f85cec8eb29bf.jpg

Since I have been back from the Grandaddy, My struggle has been less.
I'm still getting used to the look and feel of the club.
I can say that when I hit on the screws, I can hit it longer than my previous 4h.
When I'm on the dome, when I work with this club I work on direction, and that is coming around.

So it hasn't been all "Butterflies and Unicorns" with this club like others on the team, however it's getting there as I used it more.

Shocked they got jailbreak into this profile. That's quite an achievement. Wonder how that tech affects performance in this smaller head.

A few Callaway pics
fe4bf9aadc4e5325365582746643e9a8.jpg
fcf7164b088f32562734d4c5b794b6ba.jpg
4e6b7388f19e76848acfb9e058311148.jpg
b1cf3a17a94d00061a8cc6ccc1df2f5f.jpg

Heard very longggggg numbers from this line up of hybrids. Looking forward to seeing one in person soon and seeing if what I hear can be true for me too cause me and hybrids lately are a bad romance

This is the thread Ive been waiting on. These are at the top to try out for 2018

I took a few swings with a 2 and 3 while warming up, and they seemed overall to be launchers.

The *only* reason I didn't wind up with one in the bag was gapping. Gerrit said that in order to keep my spin numbers down we'd be putting a loft in my bag (2h) that would go too far for the spot in the bag it's needed.

While I didn't wind up with one of these in the bag, if I was in the market for a hybrid they would certainly interest me.

Question for those that have played this club, I know it’s not a matte finish, is there a lot of glare from the crown on a sunny day? I only ask because bad glare can cause migraine issues for me

Question for those that have played this club, I know it’s not a matte finish, is there a lot of glare from the crown on a sunny day? I only ask because bad glare can cause migraine issues for me

I didnt notice it out in Cali, next time we tee it up I'll bring them and you can check them out

So im a hybrid hater, and its been quite awhile since I had one in my bag. I almost bought a Apex hybrid throughout the year, but just never pulled the trigger. So in most sets I took irons down to 4I and then had a utility or a 7 wood.

So I was open to whatever for this event. Well due to low spin with my 5I during the fitting, we tried the hybrids out. And for a larger (distance type shaped hybrid), I really made some sold contact not only during the fitting but during the event as well.

I ended up with the 4H and 5H, and while I have 0 idea how far I hit them and how they will do for gapping with my irons and then heavenwood, I do enjoy how easy the ball gets in the air with these (a struggle of mine) and they appear to get expected distance with them as well.

Yes you are a hybrid hater, which is why I was shocked to hear you ended up with two in the bag. IIRC, you miss right with hybrids, did you see any of those during your 2.5 rounds?

A few Callaway pics
fe4bf9aadc4e5325365582746643e9a8.jpg
fcf7164b088f32562734d4c5b794b6ba.jpg
4e6b7388f19e76848acfb9e058311148.jpg
b1cf3a17a94d00061a8cc6ccc1df2f5f.jpg

These remind me a lot of the X2Hot and X2HotPro hybrids in terms of overall shape.

Anyone who has hit these can comment on how well you can hold shots into the greens? On thing with my Apex hybrid I like is that it plays more like an iron in terms of holding shots into the green.

Back