Mizuno JPX919 Irons

The HM Pro’s are straight up money! So forgiving! Long too but still have plenty of spin. I’m picking up 4-6 yards per club with no loss of stopping power. Shot 80 today with a iffy driver and cold putter. The irons/wedges saved my bacon all round long!

That sounds promising noodle! Mine get delivered Wednesday and trying to get out and play Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, MGR. That would be helpful information.

How do you like the irons so far? Are they living up to your expectations performance-wise?

Did you consider the Hot Metal Pros or the Hot Metal Forged?
So I'll preface this by saying something, I did not purchase my irons, they were a very generous gift from JBC3. So I did not try to purchase the pros or the forged. Had I purchased Irons I had considered a split set, but now I can say that I am very happy with the HM. I've got roughly 7 rounds under my belt with these now and it gets better everytime. The 5 iron is just a beautiful piece of weaponry and I do enjoy the 50* gap as well. Going in I had a mild expectation and they've performed better than that by far. As for forgiveness, I think it finds a sweet spot and that is helpful for me. I have not used the SW yet as I have a 54* RTX3 that I really like and didnt want a redundant club in the bag

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So I'll preface this by saying something, I did not purchase my irons, they were a very generous gift from JBC3. So I did not try to purchase the pros or the forged. Had I purchased Irons I had considered a split set, but now I can say that I am very happy with the HM. I've got roughly 7 rounds under my belt with these now and it gets better everytime. The 5 iron is just a beautiful piece of weaponry and I do enjoy the 50* gap as well. Going in I had a mild expectation and they've performed better than that by far. As for forgiveness, I think it finds a sweet spot and that is helpful for me. I have not used the SW yet as I have a 54* RTX3 that I really like and didnt want a redundant club in the bag

The Sweep is a pretty awesome THP thing.

The Sweep is a pretty awesome THP thing.
Understatement of the millenia.^

It must feel like pandering to those that haven't experienced it, but I still cannot thank everyone involved enough.

Well... I've had about 3 outings with the 4I HM. All I can say WOW, I have never hit a 4I this good. I have been using it when I should be using my 4H. I am so glad I took the chance and went for it.
I am having a lil fade and it may need the lie adjusted. I got it like my others 1.5 flat. Since it's longer, maybe I am coming a little bit over the top??? I don't hit the fade all the time but I'll play it more and see. All I know is, it's awesome.

Well... I've had about 3 outings with the 4I HM. All I can say WOW, I have never hit a 4I this good. I have been using it when I should be using my 4H. I am so glad I took the chance and went for it.
I am having a lil fade and it may need the lie adjusted. I got it like my others 1.5 flat. Since it's longer, maybe I am coming a little bit over the top??? I don't hit the fade all the time but I'll play it more and see. All I know is, it's awesome.

That's great about your 4i, Song Dog. Wish I was confident enough to return to playing one. As long as you can control it, a baby fade is a very useful shot to have. That's another thing I love about the Hot Metals. While I can occasionally draw them, I can hit controlled fades with them about 90% of the time (which is a phenomenal percentage for me) that I try to do so.

We have a video hitting the home page tomorrow that breaks down the entire line as Canadan hits balls and Chris Voshall from Mizuno talks tech. It's fantastic.

We have a video hitting the home page tomorrow that breaks down the entire line as Canadan hits balls and Chris Voshall from Mizuno talks tech. It's fantastic.
*grabs popcorn*

*grabs popcorn*

I also cannot urge enough, to watch on a big screen and bump it up to 4K or at least HD. The quality of the shot is insane.

I also cannot urge enough, to watch on a big screen and bump it up to 4K or at least HD. The quality of the shot is insane.
Deal. Thanks for the heads up

This is going to be a good watch. I ordered a set of Hot Metal Pro's with my specs through Budget Golf and they came in yesterday. I was able to get to the range at lunch, and they felt great.

I hit the 5i so well, I'm wondering if I should have included the 4 in my set, too -- especially since out of nowhere I've starting hooking my hybrids. I'll give it a few more rounds, but I won't hesitate to pull the trigger on the 4-iron if things don't improve.

I’m going to get some 919 short irons on the course soon. The excitement is real

I’ve had a crazy year... march found me standing in a grocery store parking lot looking at a pile of glass and my golf bag missing from my truck. So there went my custom fit P790’s, then replaced by a used set on eBay as close to specs as possible (that ended up not being all that close) to a friend hooking me up with PXG’s , that while a control machine are SHORT.

I finally had enough... went and saw my buddy at Club Champion with an open mind. Holy crap. holy crap, the 919 HM Pro’s gave me numbers I’ve never seen before.

I only swing 83 MPH... the 919 HM Pro 6 iron with TT XP95 regular gave me a ballspeed of 116 with total distances in the 180’s.

I brought along my P790 and PXG 6 irons for a direct comparison. The PXG was the shortest and slowest ball speed by far, the P790 was better but a clear second place to the HM pros. The Recoil 95 doesn’t work well for me.

I’ve never seen these numbers that I couldn’t resist, threw down the card on the spot.

I can’t wait to get them on the course

Got out for league tonight. I.am getting going this season. I am starting to really swing well and guess what? Not only are Hot Metals great for forgiveness, they are dart rockets when you're hitting them pure. I hit a 5 iron and a 6 iron today that sounded so good my league mates were like where did those come from?

I’ve had a crazy year... march found me standing in a grocery store parking lot looking at a pile of glass and my golf bag missing from my truck. So there went my custom fit P790’s, then replaced by a used set on eBay as close to specs as possible (that ended up not being all that close) to a friend hooking me up with PXG’s , that while a control machine are SHORT.

I finally had enough... went and saw my buddy at Club Champion with an open mind. Holy crap. holy crap, the 919 HM Pro’s gave me numbers I’ve never seen before.

I only swing 83 MPH... the 919 HM Pro 6 iron with TT XP95 regular gave me a ballspeed of 116 with total distances in the 180’s.

I brought along my P790 and PXG 6 irons for a direct comparison. The PXG was the shortest and slowest ball speed by far, the P790 was better but a clear second place to the HM pros. The Recoil 95 doesn’t work well for me.

I’ve never seen these numbers that I couldn’t resist, threw down the card on the spot.

I can’t wait to get them on the course

How were the spin rates compared to the others. Thanks in advance

How were the spin rates compared to the others. Thanks in advance

Spin rates were solid across the board, the major difference was pure ball speed. I’ve never seen a 116 ballspeed from an iron before, ever. I just don’t swing that hard so it was staggering to see the difference between all three. My PXG topped at 104, the P790 111.

Spin rates were solid across the board, the major difference was pure ball speed. I’ve never seen a 116 ballspeed from an iron before, ever. I just don’t swing that hard so it was staggering to see the difference between all three. My PXG topped at 104, the P790 111.

Thanks for the reply. Wow that’s not even close ballspeed wise.

The hot metal continue to amaze, I hit some shots this morning that were so great, amazing distance, excellent feel and quite forgiving, they continue to make me smile at least a half dozen shots a round.

The hot metal continue to amaze, I hit some shots this morning that were so great, amazing distance, excellent feel and quite forgiving, they continue to make me smile at least a half dozen shots a round.

I was surprised by the feel ... not as soft as my PXG but way softer than the P790

I was surprised by the feel ... not as soft as my PXG but way softer than the P790

Both forged as well. There is no doubt they are the best feeling cast clubs period.

Very surprise it feels softer than P790.

Back