Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Lead tape?

Lead paint.

I’m going to order the weights. I just need to come to terms with it.

Update: Ordered. I hate peer pressure.

Last edited:
After reading this thread last night I decided to check the weight on mine and lo & behold it was just under D1. Added some tape to get it to just over D3. If I end up gaming this driver, I'll definitely order some weights once I settle on the shaft.

Question for those smarter than me.. My Masters camo F9 is tour length with the evenflow blue 65gr shaft and set at a D3 swingweight. If I put in my tour length Helium shaft (59gr) will it change the swing weight much? If so, how much should I decrease the headweight if I wanted to keep it D3?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Question for those smarter than me.. My Masters camo F9 is tour length with the evenflow blue 65gr shaft and set at a D3 swingweight. If I put in my tour length Helium shaft (59gr) will it change the swing weight much? If so, how much should I decrease the headweight if I wanted to keep it D3?

Depends on the balance points of the two shafts. 6g difference in weight isn't much spread throughout the shaft. But if that extra 6g is all in the tip, it'll make the sw lighter with the helium. If it's in the butt, it'll make the sw heavier with the helium. Take it to your local golf shop and ask them to check the swingweight. Looking at specs, the helium is counterbalanced.

The helium is counterbalanced so the swing weight should be less I think? Don’t quote me on that though. I know mine feels lighter than the masters edition with the SF blue and when I ordered mine with helium it came with a 18g weight instead of the stock 14g which was to bring the swing weight back up

The helium is counterbalanced so the swing weight should be less I think? Don’t quote me on that though. I know mine feels lighter than the masters edition with the SF blue and when I ordered mine with helium it came with a 18g weight instead of the stock 14g which was to bring the swing weight back up
Thanks Jeremy. I'm going to have it checked tomorrow

Quick update, I had this checked at the pro shop today. The tour length Evenflow blue 65gr stood shaft is exactly on D3 (the Cobra builders are good). The tour length UST Helium 5f4 in stiff was between D1.5 and D2. I will pick up a headweight that's 2 grams heavier for when I play this shaft.

Quick update, I had this checked at the pro shop today. The tour length Evenflow blue 65gr stood shaft is exactly on D3 (the Cobra builders are good). The tour length UST Helium 5f4 in stiff was between D1.5 and D2. I will pick up a headweight that's 2 grams heavier for when I play this shaft.

I was thinking about cutting down my EF blue 65g to tour length. What weights are you playing with it to get to D3? 18 and 6?

I was thinking about cutting down my EF blue 65g to tour length. What weights are you playing with it to get to D3? 18 and 6?
I believe they use 18 and 6 for the yellow and avalanche tour length setups but they don't do a full compliment of weights in green for the Masters camo head. In my masters camo head they used 18 and 2 and made up the rest with hotmelt.

Had been struggling with the F9 in its first 3 rounds and 5 or so visits to the range. Distance was there but accuracy was not. Went to the range tonight to work through things and decided to flip the weights around, 18g front 6g back and proceeded to hammer the next 8 right on the button. Little bit of a slight fade that made me smile and the guy next to me say, “Think you got that club figured out”.

Out to the course on Easter, fingers crossed that it translates from range to course but highly encouraged by tonight’s session.

Now have 4 rounds with the F9. Round 2 was good, the distance was there but the accuracy wasn’t. It may have been alignment (which I’ve been working on). Round 3 was all around awful, but I think the weather being 40 degrees at tee time. Yesterday was round 4 and had the distance as well as Better accuracy. Lots of the first cut in the fairways with several in regulation. Average drive was 250 or so. I didn’t use the app because 1) I forgot 2) sometimes it doesn’t work well for me. Hopefully I’ll make it to the range soon and work with it a little more. But overall pleased!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had been struggling with the F9 in its first 3 rounds and 5 or so visits to the range. Distance was there but accuracy was not. Went to the range tonight to work through things and decided to flip the weights around, 18g front 6g back and proceeded to hammer the next 8 right on the button. Little bit of a slight fade that made me smile and the guy next to me say, “Think you got that club figured out”.

Out to the course on Easter, fingers crossed that it translates from range to course but highly encouraged by tonight’s session.

Not going to say this is some huge secret with the F9, but weight forward made all the difference for me as well. Went from hitting it both ways to a much more neutral flight and no noticeable decrease in forgiveness.

So how many of you ordered the tour length vs. ordering the stock retail version and cutting the shaft and adjusting the weights themselves? Is it worth the extra money to just order the official tour length?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So how many of you ordered the tour length vs. ordering the stock retail version and cutting the shaft and adjusting the weights themselves? Is it worth the extra money to just order the official tour length?

There isn't any extra cost for ordering it tour length.

I ordered standard length and plan on cutting one of my shafts down. Stock weight is 14 and 2, while the tour length comes 18 and 6 to maintain the stock D3 swing weight.

Each new weight is $25, so it will cost me $50 plus my time in cutting my shaft to make it tour length from stock.

There isn't any extra cost for ordering it tour length.
I meant ordering it or grabbing a standard one on the marketplace or used and customizing it.

I meant ordering it or grabbing a standard one on the marketplace or used and customizing it.

Depending on some builds they will hotmelt the head so it wont be the 18g and 6g weights.

For mine I cut down and purchased weights separate, but for the others they either provided weights or hotmelt the head.

No extra money for ordering Tour Length

Got the F9 3 weeks ago. 10 trips to the range. Two rounds of cool weather Chicago golf. My discretion is very good. Distance 10 - 15 yards better than my Mizuno. Distance always gets better as the season moves to warmer weather.

Got the Helium shaft. Very light. Liking this driver a lot.

Went with the tour length here and couldn’t be happier that I did. I’m not one to do club work, seriously I don’t even do my own grips. So there was no “cut it down”.

I ordered tour length in both the yellow and camo and they are performing well for me. As I'm experimenting with two different weighted shafts I ordered a couple extra weights to be able to keep it at D3 regardless when I use the lighter shaft.

I really hate this driver. My dad told me to hit it on the range tonight and I was piping every single drive dead straight. Contact was a little high and just slightly off the toe. Even with the cold range balls this sounded amazing compared to the tin cans I heard all around me.

I knew there was a reason I fell in love with this club. I'm really hoping the M5 beats it out so my wallet can breathe a little easier.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No problem, it was a blast to watch and super informative. I hit one off the tow so hard on Saturday and it still flew 250. All I could think about was your 8mm “miss”. Mine was measured in inches.

That’s hugeeeeee. I’m going to assume you are playing great golf these days.

I still haven’t hit many drivers I liked more than the F9. I’m seeing some crazy distance and trajectory (when my swing isn’t hot garbage).

Back