Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

I love my cobra! Only missed 1 fairway yesterday with consistent 300 yard drives!!! Avalanche 3 wood will be here this week, cant wait!.

I had the F9 WORKING today. Looks like I am back on the straight and long train.

I still can’t get over how forgiving this club is. IMO, it’s the best value out there right now if you want raw distance.

I had the F9 WORKING today. Looks like I am back on the straight and long train.

I still can’t get over how forgiving this club is. IMO, it’s the best value out there right now if you want raw distance.

That’s all I want. Glad you are killing the club!

what decides if when I order my F9 it comes with the all yellow shaft or black with yellow writing the HZRDUS Yellow?

Thanks

Myself and the F9 didn’t get along today. Had 3 good drives all day long..Tell myself to quit being super aggressive and I’d slow down too much and hook. Try to speed up a bit there and leave face wide open.

I will say that I’m much longer with this than any driver I’ve previously used so I’m at least getting something out of it haha.

F9 was good today, averaging a good 10 yards longer than my norm and straight as an arrow... very happy with my round from a driving perspective

Myself and the F9 didn’t get along today. Had 3 good drives all day long..Tell myself to quit being super aggressive and I’d slow down too much and hook. Try to speed up a bit there and leave face wide open.

I will say that I’m much longer with this than any driver I’ve previously used so I’m at least getting something out of it haha.

That is exactly my issue as well. Sometimes I get quick with my tempo and throw the face open. Makes for a fun day.

I think there is enough in this driver that you don’t have to over-swing, and it really rewards any reasonable contact with the face.

That is exactly my issue as well. Sometimes I get quick with my tempo and throw the face open. Makes for a fun day.

I think there is enough in this driver that you don’t have to over-swing, and it really rewards any reasonable contact with the face.

Try a heavier SW?

So 183 shots according to Cobra Connect since I’ve
started gaming it.

This is where it stands for me.

Tour Length Model 18g w rear and 6g weight front

c6073bbdf1e010a694e1448a7c08d7aa.jpg

Try a heavier SW?

I tried, but I tend to prefer a lighter SW in general, and now I am at 14g/6g which seems to be working for me.

what decides if when I order my F9 it comes with the all yellow shaft or black with yellow writing the HZRDUS Yellow?

Thanks
The all yellow is the Handcrafted or Small Batch model. The production Hzdrus is black with yellow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Had a great round with the F9 today. Added 2 strips of lead tape to the heel side of the bottom for a draw bias making it D2.5, along with the 10.5* std draw setting. I game a Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* driver with the Miyazaki C Kua 5R shaft and today the F9 was at, or slightly longer, than the Launcher. I prefer the impact "whack" sound of the F9 compared to the "ting" sound of the Launcher too. Straight ball flight and 220 -230 yds distances with an 85 mph SS.

Hmmmmm.......big ponder as to putting the F9 in the bag and giving the Launcher a rest.

sold the GBB Epic and was validated by the F9 today

hit a shot, the ball mark on the face was half in half out of the milled circle on the heel side

the ball ended up in a spot that I would be happy with on a good contact shot with the Epic

I think one of my favorite things about this driver is how badass it looks, pulling it from the bag and pulling the HC off and seeing the avalanche color scheme with the Smoke Shaft and the Red Weights just pop.

Looks and performance, just like a sports car

I appear to have found something with this driver. For me the heavy weight forward appears to perform better. I went 9* head so I could hopefully play the weight back for a better sound and some more forgiveness but it just doesn’t want to work for me I see too much spin and lose balls right.

For the last few weeks I’ve been playing the Masters edition at 9* with a GD Tour AD-BB 6x I borrowed from awesome THPer @kevin81002 for the last two weeks. A slight grip change and work on tempo has allowed me to finally remember how to hit draws and consistently for the most part. I really thought this may be the setup to game the rest of the year...then today happened.

Today I played a charity scramble. Hit a ton of drivers. I put the yellow head in the bag as a test since I hadn’t played it in weeks with my custom THCE shaft in it. Also playing at 9* heavy weight forward, but this version has the 18g weight because of the counterbalanced shaft. I had this shaft in the masters head but it felt too light and tempo was way off.

Have to say Confidence is probably at an all time high with driver right now and as much as I love that masters head looking at that yellow when I pull off the headcover is pretty awesome. I hit a lot of really good drives today! I don’t know if it’s dialed in for maximum distance but it’s working right now and it’s fun

I appear to have found something with this driver. For me the heavy weight forward appears to perform better. I went 9* head so I could hopefully play the weight back for a better sound and some more forgiveness but it just doesn’t want to work for me I see too much spin and lose balls right.

For the last few weeks I’ve been playing the Masters edition at 9* with a GD Tour AD-BB 6x I borrowed from awesome THPer @kevin81002 for the last two weeks. A slight grip change and work on tempo has allowed me to finally remember how to hit draws and consistently for the most part. I really thought this may be the setup to game the rest of the year...then today happened.

Today I played a charity scramble. Hit a ton of drivers. I put the yellow head in the bag as a test since I hadn’t played it in weeks with my custom THCE shaft in it. Also playing at 9* heavy weight forward, but this version has the 18g weight because of the counterbalanced shaft. I had this shaft in the masters head but it felt too light and tempo was way off.

Have to say Confidence is probably at an all time high with driver right now and as much as I love that masters head looking at that yellow when I pull off the headcover is pretty awesome. I hit a lot of really good drives today! I don’t know if it’s dialed in for maximum distance but it’s working right now and it’s fun

So you’re hitting bombs and attacking pins?

So you’re hitting bombs and attacking pins?

I definitely wouldn’t call them bombs these days, Just finding the ball to be much more in play and a more consistent ball flight lately. It can change at any given moment though you know that haha.

I think one of my favorite things about this driver is how badass it looks, pulling it from the bag and pulling the HC off and seeing the avalanche color scheme with the Smoke Shaft and the Red Weights just pop.

Looks and performance, just like a sports car

Agree with you 100% on this point. And then the thwack feels as good as it looks... gives you all the great auditory feels like a sports car singing too.

It’s been great to read about everybody’s set up and what works for them. Mine in currently at 9.5 with the heavy weight in back. I can get a little more distance with the weight in front but having with weight in the back has been such a fairway finder for me I just can’t bring myself to make the switch...

Just received from Cobra Golf, and installed, a Bassara E Series 42gm Lite senior shaft for the F9. Will put it in play Monday and see the comparison to the UST Mamiya Helium F3 59gm regular shaft that came in the F9.

I don't play on the weekends at my course. Let the working men & women have the course on Saturday & Sunday, and us retired folks have it during the week.

So.. I started with the F9 10.5 degree had set to 11.5draw with the heavy weight back and a tour length UST Helium shaft. I've been working with a coach on my driving (the weakest area of my game by far according to Arccos) and tonight he changed to my driver. I'm now playing the Masters edition F9 head lofted down to 9.5* standard with the heavy weight forward, a tour length Evenflow blue shaft and the swingweight between D4 & D5. The flight is incredible and it has been a labor of love but I want to see it carry on to the course. I'm going to get out Sunday and report back!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So.. I started with the F9 10.5 degree had set to 11.5draw with the heavy weight back and a tour length UST Helium shaft. I've been working with a coach on my driving (the weakest area of my game by far according to Arccos) and tonight he changed to my driver. I'm now playing the Masters edition F9 head lofted down to 9.5* standard with the heavy weight forward, a tour length Evenflow blue shaft and the swingweight between D4 & D5. The flight is incredible and it has been a labor of love but I want to see it carry on to the course. I'm going to get out Sunday and report back!

Oh god I like the sound of this. Lower spin from the head and with the head forward but the blue should spin plenty to keep it in the air.

I’ve had this setup (other than the sweet masters head) and it’s fire! I’m excited to hear your success with it.

Awesome to hear! This is very close to my current set up, especially the EF Blue tour length shaft. Hope you find success with it!

New setup today’s round

#badass IMO

7815d2f105b8898653c9642f8e0d9e90.jpg

610026a421b01eb694d05b9cea190004.jpg

84f6bca4e2d4469e6ea0c2998ef20a58.jpg

Back