The 2019 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Been quietly following along in the background. With just a few weeks to go I bet everyone is super excited! Counting the days til you all play!

All right guys, time for the final 3 holes of the course.

#16:

getImage.gif

Tee view:

DSC00015-1024x634.jpg

Fairway view:

DSC00016-1024x718.jpg

This seems like a little breather hole between 15 and 17 at first, but it's actually a cool short par 4. What isn't clear on the pictures is that if you miss the fairway, the closer you are to the green is actually worse because you will have more of an issue with the trees left and right of the fairway that are present before the wetland that crosses the fairway. If you are someone like me (drive is 250-280 depending on the day), you have 2 choices off of the tee: try to fit driver/3 wood into the fairway as far down as possible, or just hit something 200-210 and then have 150 in for your approach shot. I did the former on the first day, did the latter on the second day. On both days, I hit it in a right greenside bunker and didn't get up and down....try to stay out of the bunkers.

#17 Haig:

getImage.gif

#17 Calibogue:

getImage.gif

Drone view of #17 Calibogue:

x17th-hole-tee-to-green-PS2.jpg

I honestly don't remember all that much about Haig #17, sorry guys. On Calibogue #17, the first priority is to make the water carry, so judging the wind will be very important. I thought this tee shot was slightly easier than Calibogue #8 since it played slightly shorter. It wouldn't be a bad idea to play the yardage to carry the ball near the back of the green to account for a substandard strike of the ball.

#18:

getImage.gif

Calibogue tee view:

DSC00023-1024x715.jpg

Approach view:

DSC00024-1024x556.jpg

Another hole that plays very differently from the Haig tees and the Calibogue tees. From the Haig tees, the bigger hitters need to take a rangefinder and shoot the trees through the dogleg as this hole plays as a big dogleg left from those tees. I hit a drive in the sweet spot and thought it was fine.....until I saw it go into those trees on the fly! With some Google Earth research, I could have known that I could have hit 3 wood over the left bunker and still had a good shot to go for it in 2. From the Calibogue tees, the lone tree in the middle of the image above is a good aiming point. Even though it's a bit longer, I actually thought the tee shot was easier from the Calibogue tees than from the Haig tees because the hole is basically straight from the Haig tees. From the preview thread last year, the marshland that crosses the fairway starts at 105 yards out and ends at 90 yards out. So after your tee shot, you get to figure out whether you want a 120 yard 3rd shot or if you want to cross the marshland and go for the green in 2. The green is elevated with both of the greenside bunkers being below the putting surface, the right one is lower than the left. It's a much easier up and down if you come up short of the green as opposed to in either of the bunkers, but you will probably not be able to run a ball onto the putting surface because of the incline in front of the green. Oh yeah, don't hit a big hook left of the green or your ball will end up in the clubhouse. ;-)

Enjoy the course! You'll have a great time in a few weeks.

These hole previews are so awesome. Thanks for doing this arydolphin. And your pictures are breathtaking!

the pics are equal parts breathtaking and terrifying for anything going left or right off these tees haha!

Part of the reason my breath is taken away. :|

These hole previews are so awesome. Thanks for doing this arydolphin. And your pictures are breathtaking!

Not all my pictures. Most of the actual photos are taken from graylynloomis.com, he has a bunch of course reviews on his website.

Thank you again @arydolphin.. Those are awesome overviews!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

the pics are equal parts breathtaking and terrifying for anything going left or right off these tees haha!

I honestly didn't think it was that narrow. Maybe that comes from playing a bunch in Massachusetts where some holes are like bowling alleys with their fairways, but the pictures are a bit deceiving at times. But there were definitely some holes where you could bomb away and other holes where you have to think about what you are going to do off of the tee.

I honestly didn't think it was that narrow. Maybe that comes from playing a bunch in Massachusetts where some holes are like bowling alleys with their fairways, but the pictures are a bit deceiving at times. But there were definitely some holes where you could bomb away and other holes where you have to think about what you are going to do off of the tee.

Well this gives me more confidence lol.

Thanks for the pics and rundown - very much appreciated.

#18 is a pretty cool hole to end a round.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Let's keep them sweating haha

The profile represents a very tight experience. I'm looking forward to seeing whether it's perception or reality!

Everyone should probably go re-check their Fedex delivery manager

What tee’s will you guys be playing off of?

At the Odyssey Experience we played from a mix of white and blues. I would expect the same. But I'm not JB. Haha

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

At the Odyssey Experience we played from a mix of white and blues. I would expect the same. But I'm not JB. Haha

I am trying to get a feel for what he has planned for the Srixon event...It is my feeble attempt at being slick.

I am trying to get a feel for what he has planned for the Srixon event...It is my feeble attempt at being slick.
This made me laugh

Usually around 6200 to 6500 but that’s not a guarantee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckily THP has hosted a number of events at TPC Las Vegas where you'll be playing (2017 Staff Proto, THP Championship w/ Bridgestone, etc.), so you should be able to get a good feel for how JB sets the course up. :)

Final couple of weeks of prep for me and here is my schedule until the event:

Monday/Tuesday: range time

Wednesday: short game - putting, chipping, pitching

Thursday/Friday: range time

Saturday: Play 18

Should be feeling nice and loose by the time the event.
pimp.gif

Usually around 6200 to 6500 but that’s not a guarantee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm excited as this brings a lot of options off the tee into play... Don't need to bomb the driver on every hole to have a chance!

Final couple of weeks of prep for me and here is my schedule until the event:

Monday/Tuesday: range time

Wednesday: short game - putting, chipping, pitching

Thursday/Friday: range time

Saturday: Play 18

Should be feeling nice and loose by the time the event.
pimp.gif

better report this to @jdax

While reporting, let him know that I am going to be starting a high sugar diet for the next two weeks. I also am going to cease all physical activity so that I can conserve energy.

While reporting, let him know that I am going to be starting a high sugar diet for the next two weeks. I also am going to cease all physical activity so that I can conserve energy.

All physical activity? Bed Rest?

Back