2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

It’s not way out of line for a new wedge, if I recall correctly most of the major OEMs wedges are in the $150-$170 range.

You are correct haha. Not out of line. I just haven’t looked at new wedges at full price in a while. Prices all over hurt haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original PM wedges didn't have many options, just 56 -13, 58-10 and 60-10. This year they have 54-14 and 56-14, 58-12 and 60-12, and 64-10. Those can fit my needs a bit better. Trying to see what will fit my gapping when the time comes.

So is the c grind they put on it this hear the same as previous years c grind? I believe it was different on the original PM wedge right?

I want to say The PM grind is closer to an X grind than a C grind. That's just my feeling though, not sure if its fact.

that 64* looks like a lot of fun

that 64* looks like a lot of fun

If I had room for one I’d try it out for sure.

Should make greenside bunkers a pleasure and maybe out to 50 yds, not a real practical club for the most part but I bet it is a blast to hit.

Should make greenside bunkers a pleasure and maybe out to 50 yds, not a real practical club for the most part but I bet it is a blast to hit.
It's fine for me out to 75 yards, which was my 9:00 distance with my prior wedges too. The one shot that's gone is the full swing with the 58*, but I just hit a partial shot with the 54* to cover that distance now. To me the greenside benefits of the PM far outweigh losing that one full swing shot.

I can see the 58 or even the 60 good for 75 yards but that 64 might be pushing it at 50 yds for me. but the spin oh the spin...

I can see the 58 or even the 60 good for 75 yards but that 64 might be pushing it at 50 yds for me. but the spin oh the spin...
oh yeah, 64* is a different story. Didn't realize that's the loft you were considering.

Just pondering, I still am not thrilled with the New Level 60 (bounce is screwing with my head) so that is going away as soon as I can put my hands on a PM 60 or maybe 64. It will depend on my mood at the time.

oh yeah, 64* is a different story. Didn't realize that's the loft you were considering.

Just pondering, I still am not thrilled with the New Level 60 (bounce is screwing with my head) so that is going away as soon as I can put my hands on a PM 60 or maybe 64. It will depend on my mood at the time.

How much bounce is on the NL 60?

14*

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14*

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the pm wedge have about 10-14 depending on loft right?

Pretty sure the pm wedge have about 10-14 depending on loft right?

Guys, you've got to look at more than a bounce number. For example, Edel Trapper Grind has 18 of bounce in the 60, but it's only in the center and they cut off bounce quickly and have a heel, toe and trailing edge relief - so the leading edge sits close to the ground and you can do anything with it. But even with that big bounce number, you've got to be precise in the bunker and put the back of the sole in the bunker first -- because all of that relief reduces your real bounce.

Moral of the story - a bounce number is only one factor and may only have that high bounce in one place on the wedge.

Guys, you've got to look at more than a bounce number. For example, Edel Trapper Grind has 18 of bounce in the 60, but it's only in the center and they cut off bounce quickly and have a heel, toe and trailing edge relief - so the leading edge sits close to the ground and you can do anything with it. But even with that big bounce number, you've got to be precise in the bunker and put the back of the sole in the bunker first -- because all of that relief reduces your real bounce.

Moral of the story - a bounce number is only one factor and may only have that high bounce in one place on the wedge.

Bingo. Too many, in my opinion, overthink/fear bounce without think about the actual design of the sole and the bounces application within.

But, the brain is a scary powerful thing.

I agree Desmond, the grind is the key.

The last wedge I used was a MD4 with 12* but the X grind, I don't really think it is the 14* that is bothering me but the grind.
I was going to take it to the belt sander but might just put it on the bay and try and get something out of it instead of destroying it.

The PM grind at 12* might be just fine with the grind they use, even better would be to get the X grind but I don't see that offered yet.

I agree Desmond, the grind is the key.

The last wedge I used was a MD4 with 12* but the X grind, I don't really think it is the 14* that is bothering me but the grind.
I was going to take it to the belt sander but might just put it on the bay and try and get something out of it instead of destroying it.

The PM grind at 12* might be just fine with the grind they use, even better would be to get the X grind but I don't see that offered yet.

Thx - I always thought the PM grind was based off the Eye2 Grind with a bit more bounce. I remember Phil using an old Eye2 SW for a while probably about 8 yrs or more ago, and then Roger came out with the PM Grind on a normal lookin wedge, might have been the X Wedge, and then it evolved over time to the current PM wedge.

I play a Stealth with a Eye 2 (ES) grind - it says 8 of bounce but the sole is wide so it effectively plays with more bounce. I'll demo this new grind as I like the Edel-like grooves out to the toe and Roger puts more tech into the grooves.

Learning a lot about the interaction of bounce and grind! Great discussion guys.

I really want to like these, but I can’t get over how big it is. Looks like a spatula.

I really want to like these, but I can’t get over how big it is. Looks like a spatula.

The wedge ain't pretty at address, but if it works for you like it does for me, saving par sure is fun.

The wedge ain't pretty at address, but if it works for you like it does for me, saving par sure is fun.

I wish people would throw some impact tape on their wedges and hit some shots around the green and out of bunkers... the amount of impact marks you’ll see out towards the toe where normal wedges don’t have grooves will surprise some people.

These won’t win any beauty contests, but they perform as designed and impact some of the best spin in a wedge I’ve ever seen.

It really does, you could flip pancakes with it . But it plain and simple works!

So much Callaway stuff being released but this PM wedge has my interest. What’s the price? I think I’ll just buy a PM 58 to try against my 58 SM7 D.

That's what I thought when I saw the OG PM wedge so I avoided it. At my fitting, based on my bag configuration I had an extra slot at the bottom of the bag so I said to myself, "Why not give the PM 2.0 a try in 60°". I ended up using it exclusively around the greens at The Hideaway and have gotten over any aversion to the looks in favor of performance.

What’s the stock shaft in these?

Why did they add more bounce on the 2.0’s?

Back