Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Not having a close access to a reliable monitor has been hard to determine what I'm doing wrong. I stopped at a local Dick's store and it had me carrying the ball 280 yards, when I'm lucky enough to get that for total distance once in 1000 tries. It did show my path was in to out not the over the top move I've had for years. Perhaps I have corrected or overcorrected that move.

I have seen you hit a 3wood that far. Right down the cart path into a perfect position..

Congrats on the new driver. Hope it works great for ya.

Hit this the other day at my country club demo day, easily the worst sounding driver in the market that I have hit. It performed OK, not enough to move away from the Ping.
I had a G30 and liked it a lot. I respectfully disagree with your assessment of sound. IMO the EF out toward the high toe is unpleasant and worse than the G30. IMO The EF struck anywhere else is better than the G30, especially toward the middle where it sounds great.

Quick thing about the sound, the EF sounds completely different outside than indoors (duh). I was hitting it inside and the sound was really tinny and loud, but the other day I was hitting it on the course and it sounds so satisfying when it just pings one off the center of the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just waiting for the shaft to come in:

0da57537f98348d795949b4d2b5f92f4.jpg

Same exact head weight as the rogue SZ, 195g without the dual cog.

That finish makes this head look way better imo. Nice!

I have seen you hit a 3wood that far. Right down the cart path into a perfect position..

Congrats on the new driver. Hope it works great for ya.
Like I said, once in a 1000 tries. Haha

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very nice Roger!

It's pretty fun to customize these heads. If I got one it would have to be one of these two.. Canadan blue or THP.

aae02427adff4bdaafafe22a09500031.png

97b0ebcd71b18d9ec019666f5c8d338a.png

I’m leaning to the bottom one myself

if they still had the 150% trade I'd pull the "I jump you jump" card hahaha

What if u said I already took advantage of the trade ins????

Watched @obedt hit this driver all days and he hit some missiles with it. Also, finally hearing the sound of it outdoors, I don't get what people are talking about with the sound being too loud, it was fine to my ears. It wasn't as forgiving as he would have liked on the high toe shot, but other than that, the performance was pretty good.

Watched @obedt hit this driver all days and he hit some missiles with it. Also, finally hearing the sound of it outdoors, I don't get what people are talking about with the sound being too loud, it was fine to my ears. It wasn't as forgiving as he would have liked on the high toe shot, but other than that, the performance was pretty good.

Appreciate the mention man. I loled at missiles, but did hit a fair share of good ones with it. For my swing speed I'm not going to find anything much better performing than the EF. A couple of those toe strikes came off dead and turned left; only happened a couple of times but both happened with water left so........it's a huge difference in feel for me when I miss on those spots. Anywhere else on the face I was keeping it play and strong distance for me.

I think the issue with sound is more about the departure compared to the previous two models than it is about sounding obnoxious, which it doesn't at all for me. Glad you also got to hear a couple not too far from the center of the face. It's a very good driver imo.

Played in cool blustery conditions for South Florida. The Epic Flash Sub Zero Performed as well as a driver can for me.....on a new course that while you had ample room to play, the unknown added to 25mph winds still made it difficult....

Confidence is bordering on arrogance right now....not that I need a bad miss for reality....
This club came along at the perfect time for my golf!

Hit this the other day at my country club demo day, easily the worst sounding driver in the market that I have hit. It performed OK, not enough to move away from the Ping.
Doesn't Ping have some of the loudest drivers on the Market? Just curious. I disagree with the assessment. Being able to tell audibly when it's off center is great and I will agree when you hit off the toe or heal it's kind of janky not bad though but center struck this is one of the best sounding drivers out there. IMO of course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Doesn't Ping have some of the loudest drivers on the Market? Just curious. I disagree with the assessment. Being able to tell audibly when it's off center is great and I will agree when you hit off the toe or heal it's kind of janky not bad though but center struck this is one of the best sounding drivers out there. IMO of course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm with you, I know it's all personal preference but nothing about the sound is off putting for me nor as anyone I play with mentioned it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Does anyone see that the EF SZ spins a lot less than the GBB EPIC SZ?

On GG monitors I cannot spin the ball more than 1600-1800.
My OG Epic SZ has not issues in the regard. I'm 2300-2600 (give or take) in this head.

It has to be bad readings, right?

I actually had a guy say he loved the sound last weekend...right @manhattan01?

I actually had a guy say he loved the sound last weekend...right @manhattan01?

Yeah. It would help @armygolf if you hit them off centre from time to time so I can tell the audible difference but struck in the centre, it has a really nice, metallic "smack". Not loud, not tinny, almost like the crack of a whip. Of course it's personal choice but I do prefer that type of sound that the louder sounds.

Sick setup bruh!

Looks like the old H2 Hot color scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So the sound, at least when hit toe side is very real. Aluminum bat like. Not as loud as the M6 (guy next to me was hitting one at the range) but noticeable. When struck in the middle it didn’t really stand out to me sound wise at all.

Results were excellent especially with ones hit millimeters from the edge of the face...

Back