2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

255 into the wind. Tap in eagle. Epic Flash Sz 3 wood is insanely consistent for me.
660c4b0f0e02142794a300e24070f394.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ummm....do I need one of those?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

Oppps wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hit a terrible drive on 8 today. Left myself 245 to the green. 3w to about 6’ for a birdie putt I didn’t deserve

f2688f1784c27d6344b75b6a94cc9f00.jpg

That is such a badass recovery! I’d probably never forget that shot if I pulled that off.

Pulled this on a couple of holes on Saturday but didn't hit it as well as I would have expected because I know that it is longer than my old driver and could still put me in trouble on a few holes at my course

Despite not hitting it well, it is definitely going to be an absolute bomber once I figure out the new yardage

3W got a lot of work this Saturday as we played more of a target course with tight fairways. Kept me in play all day with plenty of distance. Just loving this thing.

Split about 20 balls between my 3W and 5W at the range yesterday. 5W continues to shine so bright for me, I really need to put myself into situations on the course where I can pull this club more often, like actually hitting the fairway on a par 5, or just teeing off with it on par 4s that a 225-240 tee shot is beneficial to have. Ball just gets airborne quickly and seems to float in the air on a perfectly straight line. Might be a good option as the first tee shot to just get that FIR and build some confidence during the round.

3W I was having issues keep the ball from going left and noticed my last time out the 2 times I used it I drew it, problem was I aimed left so I missed WAY left. I changed the settings from -1/D to -1/N, and didn't see the ball going left anymore, and had a slight fade at the end too. I think I had one hit the 250 sign out there too after a bounce, but with so many people on the range, could have been any of us. But I saw it land close, then heard "boom" so I will say it was me, haha!!

Flash SZ 3-wood is so good. I've never been a 3-wood guy. I actually didn't carry one for a long time, when I was just a handful-of-times-a-year golfer. Since I got into golf for real and started playing all the time, I've had 3: TM M2, Callaway Rogue, and now the Flash SZ. With the first two, I would hit the occasional brilliant shot, but a whole lot of bad ones in between. I don't know how or why, but this one is much more consistent, which leads to a lot more confidence standing over it. I don't hesitate to pull it at all. And with a smooth swing (i.e. not trying to hit it hard), the ball just goes.....

This 3W has become a mainstay in my bag. I still like hitting driver, but I'm full on deferring to 3W whenever possible right now. Even my mishits are pretty decent, which is nuts. I thought the hybrids were the star of the Rogue line. This 3W has been the star of the EF line for me so far for sure.

I am hard pondering a flash 11 wood, just about done with the hybrid experiment.

I am hard pondering a flash 11 wood, just about done with the hybrid experiment.
I picked up a 9W in a Rogue and I didn't get the distance I thought I would get.
I know they are not that same however I wanted to give you that tidbit

This 3W has become a mainstay in my bag. I still like hitting driver, but I'm full on deferring to 3W whenever possible right now. Even my mishits are pretty decent, which is nuts. I thought the hybrids were the star of the Rogue line. This 3W has been the star of the EF line for me so far for sure.

Nice and good for you!
Brought out my EF 3W for league play and it's going back to the sidelines until I can get the swing weight adjusted.
I just hit the EX10 beta at SW of C9 so much better that I need to look in getting the EF adjusted.
Maybe I'll send it off to Will at Peoples Golf to get it worked on...

I am pounding my original Epic right now but this will need to make an appearance soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pounding my original Epic right now but this will need to make an appearance soon...

If you like the original epic fairway, you will very much enjoy this fairway.

If you like the original epic fairway, you will very much enjoy this fairway.

I’ll make the move at some point :)

You’re welcome to give my 3W a swing whenever you’d like to try it out.

Ill take you up on that at some point - hopefully soon

Anyone know the gram weight that comes standard in the EF?

On a call right now @markm778 but I'll run downstairs and weigh my 3W in a few.

It was asked in the Epic Flash driver thread, but below are the FW weights for 3 and 5. Don’t have SZ weights. 3 is listed first.

a68f7b5d26c8900728b1b847005e952e.jpg

deaf3410eed3fd8e18c2a22535c5ee85.jpg

I tried to quote my pics from a previous comment, but if it doesn't work I had 205g 3W and 210g for 5W.

@markm778 - Mine weighed in at 204g. Weight in mine appears to be a plug because it weighed the same without it in & I couldn't get the plug to register on the scale.

d221729cb595f8c9e213911cec7dc6f8.jpg

I know you're thinking about swingweight, so I weighed the shaft as well. 132 with the grip. This is a HZRDUS Yellow 76g.

7377df11298de8f8d9b807e8936a229d.jpg

All that adds up to right about D2 (maybe a little change, this SW scale isn't the fancy digital one so may not be exactly accurate) all assembled.

faf22c85e0820999fb2b70254cbf40f7.jpg

Hope that helps partner!

I have zero numbers, but I hit one at the store the other day and I must say I am a big fan of the looks and sound/feel of these.

@markm778 - Mine weighed in at 204g. Weight in mine appears to be a plug because it weighed the same without it in & I couldn't get the plug to register on the scale.

d221729cb595f8c9e213911cec7dc6f8.jpg

I know you're thinking about swingweight, so I weighed the shaft as well. 132 with the grip. This is a HZRDUS Yellow 76g.

7377df11298de8f8d9b807e8936a229d.jpg

All that adds up to right about D2 (maybe a little change, this SW scale isn't the fancy digital one so may not be exactly accurate) all assembled.

faf22c85e0820999fb2b70254cbf40f7.jpg

Hope that helps partner!

What is the weight in back? Can you take it out and weigh it for a buddy?

Back