2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

I really enjoy hitting this 3 wood off the tee. I'm having success working it both ways and I've yet to hit a terrible shot with it. It's a nice bonus that its not THAT much shorter than my driver either, making it a truly viable option on tighter holes.

I really enjoy hitting this 3 wood off the tee. I'm having success working it both ways and I've yet to hit a terrible shot with it. It's a nice bonus that its not THAT much shorter than my driver either, making it a truly viable option on tighter holes.

That’s why I’m saving up for 2.... .:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So at the end of last year I finally got the Rogue 3W that really fit me and hit 200+ yards off the SIM yesterday. I had a ball speed of 124 which matches some of my Flash Driver Ball speeds.

Thinking of taking up the 50% trade in bonus and picking up a Flash 3W just for the adjustable hosel alone let alone some additional distance. I have 75 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 in my Rogue now and would just get the same shaft in a 6.0.

Some of the YouTube reviewers have backed up what the Grandaddy team have described of their experience of this club, “Just Amazing”

And bought this morning without 1 swing with it #Iamaninternetgolfer

Random Q for my Grandaddy alumni brethren....

Do you all find these fairways (standard) to be as draw oriented as the Rogue?

Man I'd love to answer this but I've only ever taken 2 or 3 swings with the Rogue, and with my OTT move I dont find anything draw biased.

I can say that the SZ doesnt set up a little closed like the Rogue did.

I agree with this! I'm having success off the deck and off the tee box with both my 3w and 5w. The 3w is a great club on short par 4s to put me in my comfort zone with irons, although I'm hitting every iron with the new apex well, my comfort zone is 8 iron in and it's good to have a 3w you feel comfortable with and put yourself in your comfort zone for the next shot on the shorter par 4s.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nothing is draw biased for me.

It sets up pretty neutral to my eye and a miss tends to fade, buutttt. I have an OTT move to so, I’m not sure that’s super helpful.

Nothing is draw biased for me.

It sets up pretty neutral to my eye and a miss tends to fade, buutttt. I have an OTT move to so, I’m not sure that’s super helpful.

Typically for me either, but I did nothing but hook the Rogue off the planet. lol

Typically for me either, but I did nothing but hook the Rogue off the planet. lol

Now I’ve had clubs where that was an issue for me, I’m assuming fitting or something wrong usually to drastically change my swing. (Probably something on the idiot side of the stick honestly)

I do NOT have that issue with this club. I can make one snap book, but again that’s atypical and always caused by the fat between my ears. A solid hit, with a playable miss is typically going to fade for me with my 3w. Its also usually a playable miss which is COOL.

I wish I could give better feedback but my experience is pretty limited still. I never had a big issue overdrawing the Rogue, I drew it but it was never extreme. I have the Sub Zero in the Flash so not exactly apples to apples either but the Flash seems like it's a pretty straight flight so far, not as much draw as the regular Rogue. I'm going to the Sim this week and can compare the two.

Now I’ve had clubs where that was an issue for me, I’m assuming fitting or something wrong usually to drastically change my swing. (Probably something on the idiot side of the stick honestly)

I do NOT have that issue with this club. I can make one snap book, but again that’s atypical and always caused by the fat between my ears. A solid hit, with a playable miss is typically going to fade for me with my 3w. Its also usually a playable miss which is COOL.

Playable is ALWAYS cool.

Order placed. 15º SZ with hzrdus smoke. If on course looks like it did on the monitor it is going to be a beast off the tee.

Never hit a Rogue fairway so I can't make the comparison. With the Epic fairways I will occasionally draw one but usually I hit them straight. My adapter settings on both are +1/N.

Don't seem to be for me so far. I have a Rogue 3+ too and it didn't seem draw oriented for me either though.

I haven't been any means. Actually, with my OTT move that I'm slowly working out, they seemed fade biased at first...or at least a fade was easy to hit for me. Right now it feels like they're playing very neutral. That said, I didn't have the Rogue 4W for a great deal of time so only a few rounds of experience.

down the road a bit I see a 11 wood with a EF blue 6.5 as a possibility if I need to close the gap between my 5 iron and 7 wood. That is if there is much of a gap.

2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

I never experienced the Rogue as a draw biased club for myself. I certainly saw it from others when I loaned the club to them to hit though. So far I am seeing more versatility and more playability from the Flash than the Rogue. I played this club in to par 5s multiple times this weekend, something I haven’t done with FW in ages. It was super easy to hit off the deck. Another thing about the Flash 3w is that the sound and feel are fabulous to me. There’s a sense of muted power. There is none of the sound stuff with the 3w that I mentioned for the driver. Totally different experience for me.

Last edited:
down the road a bit I see a 11 wood with a EF blue 6.5 as a possibility if I need to close the gap between my 5 iron and 7 wood. That is if there is much of a gap.[/QUOT

I could see myself with an 9W and replace a Hybrid. Could see this club being really versatile, nice "Chipping" club off the green or in the fairway just off the green.

Kind of interesting that while other Fairway Wood MFG add rails or speed rails, this club is flat on the bottom.

Wanted to give this a bit of a bump. Is it fair to say the SZ model isn't that hard to hit compared to the regular? Also, in terms of bias, is the SZ a little too fade biased for some due to the flatter lie angle? I'm very curious as to the differences in playability between the two.

Also want to commend Callaway on managing to get much if not all of the key tech from the driver into the fairway in one release. Probably something that doesn't make a difference to many, but for me I like knowing that I have all the same features (adjustable hosel, jailbreak and the optimized flash face). Not many OEMs can push all the cutting edge at the same time across multiple products.

Pre ordered the SZ 3+ Can’t wait for it to arrive. Still working on a shaft for the driver but the Smoke Black is leading the way so far!

Wanted to give this a bit of a bump. Is it fair to say the SZ model isn't that hard to hit compared to the regular? Also, in terms of bias, is the SZ a little too fade biased for some due to the flatter lie angle? I'm very curious as to the differences in playability between the two.

Also want to commend Callaway on managing to get much if not all of the key tech from the driver into the fairway in one release. Probably something that doesn't make a difference to many, but for me I like knowing that I have all the same features (adjustable hosel, jailbreak and the optimized flash face). Not many OEMs can push all the cutting edge at the same time across multiple products.

It's still very early for me but between the golf in California and on the simulator I'm not seeing much difference in difficulty in hitting it vs. my previous regular Rogue model. With the Rogue I saw a pretty consistent draw but I think the flight is a little more straight with my Sub Zero.

This is a club that I'll be giving a lot of feedback on throughout the year because I tend to use it off the tee quite a bit and it's my crutch when I'm struggling with driver. I don't use it a ton off the fairway but I'll be watching that as well.

Pre ordered the SZ 3+ Can’t wait for it to arrive. Still working on a shaft for the driver but the Smoke Black is leading the way so far!

I cant wait for yall to start receiving your equipment so we can see how you react to it on the course!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's still very early for me but between the golf in California and on the simulator I'm not seeing much difference in difficulty in hitting it vs. my previous regular Rogue model. With the Rogue I saw a pretty consistent draw but I think the flight is a little more straight with my Sub Zero.

This is a club that I'll be giving a lot of feedback on throughout the year because I tend to use it off the tee quite a bit and it's my crutch when I'm struggling with driver. I don't use it a ton off the fairway but I'll be watching that as well.

Can’t wait to read your feedback. My swing is different to yours but you being fit to The standard EF driver but the SZ fairways is intriguing. Part of me thinks I could get away with that (particularly with the cog adjustability allowing +2 loft). I consider myself to be shallow with fairways and miss is decidedly low on the face.

Back